Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by mblank

Thank you Marc for the download. Keep up the great work. I really like Chatter very much.

-chiru
    Do current registered Chatter users have to purchase a new subscription?
  3.    #4  
    No new subscription, although you'll have to contact me again with your HotSync ID for an email registration...

Marc
    Crashes! It says "Your free trial of Chatter runs for another 12984 days". When I click the OK button, I get the white screen of death and have to soft reset with the stylus. Guess I'll stick with the old one until this one is more stable.
    Looks great - I've been messing around with the new AOL IMAP settings and am able to send via Chatteremail but am having trouble picking up either via sync or non-sync. I know that AOL is infamous for not being able to have email picked up by other email clients, but my blackberry has been successfully "pushing" my AOL mail for eight months now with no problems. Curious to know if anyone else is having AOL-ills.

Tim
    Quote Originally Posted by timscottbennett
    Looks great - I've been messing around with the new AOL IMAP settings and am able to send via Chatteremail but am having trouble picking up either via sync or non-sync. I know that AOL is infamous for not being able to have email picked up by other email clients, but my blackberry has been successfully "pushing" my AOL mail for eight months now with no problems. Curious to know if anyone else is having AOL-ills.

Tim
    SPCS Treo600 user here. I tried using the Chatter IM client to check my AOL IMAP mail, and it didnt work well. However Mark was great in helping to troubleshoot the issue.

I have been using the newest beta of Agendus Mail from Iambic and it works very well with AOL's version of IMAP.

Today I tried the new Chatter email client with my AOL IMAP account, didnt work well, locked up my Treo and I had to take it off. I guess those of us that AOL have few options.

Keep up the good work Mark. FYI, sent you a couple of emails regarding retrieving my lost username and pw for Chatter IM.

CGordonn
  7.    #8  
    AOL isn't REALLY an IMAP server yet, since it doesn't support the critical SEARCH command (as required by the IMAP specification). When it does (I'm told October), AOL should work fine with Chatter Email.

Marc
  8.    #9  
    Predator-1. Chatter Email 1.0b2 seems to be VERY stable. I'm not sure what's going on with yours. Make sure you RESET your Treo before installing the new version. And let me know if you still have this problem (which acts as though Chatter thinks the "current" date is about 100 years ago.

Marc
    Hey Marc,

I installed chatter and as soon as I can get it working correctly it will be replacing Snapper.

There are a few bugs I've had with the 1.0b2 version on my verizon treo.

After I added 2 mail folders it would no longer allow me to add more. It said something about database could not be created (or something like that). It then crashed and I had to soft reset the phone.

Then there are times when I was moving around in the menus and it would freeze on a white screen. Problem solved by a soft reset.

The last issue was that I could not sync all my email accounts. I could easily sync my fastmail account... but I could not sync my business accounts. My business accounts are on a windows 2000 server using IMAIL for the mail server (with imap enabled). I can get my messages using snapper... just not chatter. I tried doing it on both online and offline but it wouldn't grab the messages. It would display the folders I could sync with... so I know chatter connects to the server... it just would not grab the messages.
  10.    #11  
    guitarlp: Send me an email and I'll set you up with logging...

I'll look into the not-allowing-more databases; I haven't seen that one before.

marc
    Last edited by Chatter; 08/19/2004 at 01:06 AM.
    Hi Marc,

Chatter Email is looking impressive! I really like the IMAP IDLE and SSL support.

A feature request: my email server requires STARTTLS SSL support for SMTP AUTH to allow me to send email. I'm using Snappermail currently due to this requirement. Any chance of SMTP STARTTLS support in Chatter Email?

For more info: http://www.sendmail.org/~ca/email/starttls.html

Also, is there a way to have both Chatter Email and IM Chatter installed and usable at the same time?

Thanks!
  12.    #13  
    First, I would like to add STARTTLS to Chatter's features. To be honest, I haven't looked into what's required at this point - but I will.

And yes, Chatter Email has "IM Chatter" inside. Those with existing IM accounts are using both in Chatter Email. I'm just not sure how to handle the IM side re: accounts at this point.

Stay tuned.

Marc
    I've been having problems with SSL support. My server has a certificate by instantssl (my certificate is signed by "Comodo", which is then signed by "GTE CyberTrust"), so this may be part of the problem. I am unable to connect when I try to use SSL. The following is in my server logs:

imapd-ssl: couriertls: accept: Connection reset by peer

The IMAP server uses a "wrapped port" configuration, not starttls. My SMTP server uses a STARTTLS configuration.

Finally, is there any way to have more than one SMTP setting? I have configured two different user names for receive, but it looks like I can only send using one user name.

Otherwise, this looks like a great beta!
    I'm having the same problems with SSL - I have a Thawte SSL123 certificate, which requires the installation of an intermediary certificate on the server. I don't have access to any IMAP logging (Exch2k3) but I can see the authentication attempts fail.

For what it's worth, Blazer also squawks at this cert, so perhaps there is a problem with the Palm SSL libraries? (my PC based browsers work fine, so they are able to follow the chain of certificates)
  15.    #16  
    Does IMAP not work if you have "Trust Certificates" checked? I know it does on a number of other servers...

Marc
    Quote Originally Posted by mblank
    Does IMAP not work if you have "Trust Certificates" checked? I know it does on a number of other servers...

Marc
    No, it doesn't. I can provide a test account if you want.

One other thing. When I reset the servers, I get the following error:

The account with name '' and password '' doesn't exist.

I've tried to make sure every folder has an account name and password, including "Sent" and "Drafts". I could not assign an account name and password to "Log", though, since the "Edit Mailbox" menu wasn't available for the "Log" folder.
  17.    #18  
    jamus & icedvr

Can you email me so I can give you logging instructions and send a new version that might help? chatteremail@fastmail.fm and please reference your post so I know who you are!
    After several reinstalls, it works PERFECTLY ! Thanks Marc. Outstanding, as always .
    Quote Originally Posted by jamus
    The account with name '' and password '' doesn't exist.
    I got the same error, but I don't know if my original post on this was seen. It was just a few hours prior the the big crash.

Marc: Sent you an email.
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast