Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    I respect your answer, but I'm still not moving from my Yahoo account just now- which means I'll be using two mail solutions for now at least. (maybe this will be the thing that prods me to fastmail) I also really would like a type ahead system such as the built in mail program has- entering addresses right now is an inconvenience.

Also, I want it to sync all messages (from the last two days) in my inbox, but only to bring up notification when it sees a new message- right now it seems to notify on every message- do I have it set wrong?

In addition, when I'm entering a reply into the pop up window, it doesn't (a) retain the subject of the original message or (b) mark the original message as read.
  2.    #42  
    Hi...

YOU'RE RIGHT! (I hadn't noticed, and it hadn't been reported, that replies from the popup don't put in a subject or mark the message read!) Thanks.

It only announces (with a tone) the first of a group of messages being received or sync'ed. What do you mean by notification, then? (This is obviously confusing everyone, including me!)

Marc
    Hi Marc,
    What causes Chatter to leave E-mail on the server (inbox), indicated by a number next to the folder status envelope?
  4.    #44  
    That shouldn't be happening, actually. Could you send me an email so that you can make me a log? (Does your server support IDLE? What version are you using?)

Marc
    I am having trouble emptying my deleted items. I created a folder which is linked to "Deleted Items" on the server. When I move email or delete email, they show up in deleted items as expeted. I then select all and delete. A little while later, they show up again. What should the settings be in Chatter for the deleted items folder so that I can empty it?
    I am evaluating Chatter email. Nice to have instant "push" email reception. I am using Chatter by forwarding my yahoo emails to my fasmail IMAP accnt. The problem is that yahoo forwards ALL emails including the 100 spams that I get daily. It's not a problem when I'm using pop with yahoo because the spams go into the bulk folder and I just empty it daily without ever the need to read the spams. With Chatter email I get every one of those stinkin spams. It does not appear there is anything I can do on yahoo to set up mail forwarding to not forward spams. Is there anthing I can do to stop the spams in chatter?
    Quote Originally Posted by newtreouser
    I am evaluating Chatter email. Nice to have instant "push" email reception. I am using Chatter by forwarding my yahoo emails to my fasmail IMAP accnt. The problem is that yahoo forwards ALL emails including the 100 spams that I get daily. It's not a problem when I'm using pop with yahoo because the spams go into the bulk folder and I just empty it daily without ever the need to read the spams. With Chatter email I get every one of those stinkin spams. It does not appear there is anything I can do on yahoo to set up mail forwarding to not forward spams. Is there anthing I can do to stop the spams in chatter?
    I use fusemail to check my yahoo inbox instead. Works great and fusemail does a great job of learning how you sort your mail. LOVE FUSEMAIL!!
    i use fastmail.fm for my yahoo mail
    dutchtrumpet, I'm glad fusemail works good for you. I'm trying to make chatter email get my yahoo mail without the spam. Any tips in that area appreciated.
    dutchtrumpet, I'm glad fusemail works good for you. I'm trying to make chatter email get my yahoo mail without the spam. Any tips in that area appreciated.
    I am not all that familiar with yahoo's spam filters, but I am fairly familiar with fastmail.fm (great service). What account level is your fastmail.fm account at? Out of all the e-mail services I've tried (including fusemail), Fastmail allows you the most flexablity in regards to filtering out spam. This is especially true at their higher level accounts. I think even the fastmail member account should allow you to set up spam filters to filter out most of your spam that is coming from your yahoo account. That way, it should never get to chatter when you download your mail.
    It does not appear there is anything I can do on yahoo to set up mail forwarding to not forward spams. Is there anthing I can do to stop the spams in chatter?
    dunno if it'll work, but isn't there an option under "mail options" / "pop access & forwarding" to "not include items in bulk folder" or something like that? my premium yahoo account got dropped back to a normal one after I cancelled my dsl so can't check to see if this works. you might wanna look for some similar option though and see if it works. didn't see that option right away either, and I think the default is set to include the bulk folder. worth a shot...
    -- berto
    Global Posts
    426 Global Posts
    It seems that Chatter Email is only doing plain SMTP Auth with cleartext logins. What are the chances that we could see CRAM-MD5. (Or am I mistaken and it's already in there.)

And thanks for this really nice software.

Dave
  13.    #53  
    carrel - First, I hope you get b9 (just uploaded; see the new thread). Well, it's not entirely cleartext, it's base64. But there is an SSL (SMTPS) option...

Marc
    Global Posts
    426 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mblank
    carrel - First, I hope you get b9 (just uploaded; see the new thread). Well, it's not entirely cleartext, it's base64. But there is an SSL (SMTPS) option...

Marc
    I was hoping not to use SSL for SMTP. Non-cleartext AUTH was all I wanted. CRAM-MD5 is what my mail service offers me.

I will download B9 now and try it out. The new features/fixes look nice.

Dave
  15.    #55  
    carrel - Get it again... I fixed a few bugs...

Marc
    Is the 30 day trial in effect? I was just wondering if I need to register/purchase before the trial period expires, (yet) ? And where that facility might be? Thanks.
  17.    #57  
    There's no mechanism yet. Stay tuned.

Marc
    Quote Originally Posted by mblank
    There's no mechanism yet. Stay tuned.

Marc

Ok. In the meantime what needs to be done after the trial period expires to continue functioning?
    My trial us about up - so far, so good! I have only one issue/question. I normally shut my phone off at night but leave wireless mode on. Every morning when I turn my phone on I have no messages. I notice when I launch Chatter that the icon is the offline straight dark line. Soon after I start Chatter I get the online envelope icon and start to receive my overnight emails. Is this normal? It seems to me that as long as I am in wireless mode that Chatter should be online and receiving emails. Any help is appreciated. Thanks!
    What do you mean when you say you "shut" your phone at night? What is it you are turning off if anything; and if nothing, what is being "shut?"
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast