1.    #1  
    My 600 fell out of my Jeans into a puddle of water. I did not notice it missing so it sat in the water for half an hour. Other than making an insurance claim as this would cause me to loose the insurance how can I get this repaired? Any suggestions would be great. I am in Los Angeles.

First thing I would do is let it completely dry out on it's own for a bit. Do not turn anything on, just leave it be.

I've read countless posts where people have gotten their electronic devices wet, even one where someone put their cell phone through the washer, only to let them dry out and find they still worked.
    Quote Originally Posted by mikina
    I did not notice it missing so it sat in the water for half an hour.
    Cell Phone History: Sanyo 6200, Sanyo 4900, Sanyo 5300, Treo 600 and now the Treo 650.
    what's the hotline nimba for Treo Abuse again?
    Iím a lucky man to count on both hands
    The ones I love..

Visor Pro -> Visor Edge -> Treo 180 -> Treo 270 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> T|T2+SE T68i -> Treo 600 -> T-Mobile MDA -> Treo 755p -> Treo 800w -> Treo 755p -> PALM PRE -> Palm Pre 2 -> HP Palm Pre 3

Twittering about
    I too have seen the many posts about not messing with it until it is dry dry dry. One person mentioned a hairblower used carefully, but I don't know, kinda scary to me.

good luck

john
    uea you got to leave it for like 5 days and then try to use becuase if you try now you will make it worse
    Nokia 3210 > Nokia 3310 >Palm Vx > Palm M105 >Treo 180g and Nokia 8850 > Treo 270 > Treo 600 > Sony TH55 > Tapwave Zodiac 2 > Treo 650 GSM > Imate KJam > Treo 750v

Formerly Known As PRANKSTAR
    my wife washed and dried an LG VX 6000. I took the battery out and put it on top of the vents of a TV for 3 days. It worked fine after drying out. As long as the water was clean and not containing any salt, it should be fine.
    We could take up a collection. Have you talked to your insurance agent?

If it were mine, I would put it in the freezer for a few hours and then warm gently with a hair dryer. That is what I always do when I fall asleep and pour wine in my computer. Has not failed me yet. I am not sure that it will be as easy to get water out of a Treo, or air in, as it was to get water in.
    Quote Originally Posted by whmurray
    That is what I always do when I fall asleep and pour wine in my computer. Has not failed me yet.
    Bwhahaha! Now, what to you do to get Coke out of a keyboard? I'll soon have a "Whenever I read about whmurray falling asleep and pouring wine on their computer and i laugh and spray Coke in my keyboard all i do is..." story.
    In addition to the wine, my seat mate on airplane poured champagne in it. (AA champagne is every bit as sticky as coke.) Ordered a new keyboard for that one but never installed it. On another occasion, I watered the plant above the computer and it overflowed into the computer. Have a witness for that one. Hair dryer applied immediately worked.

All that said, I am glad that my Treo is backed up daily and that I can afford to replace it. More than I can say for my PC.
    Quote Originally Posted by whmurray

All that said, I am glad that my Treo is backed up daily and that I can afford to replace it. More than I can say for my PC.
    Saturday I bought a new http://h10010.www1.hp.com/wwpc/us/en...71-303772.html

They tried unsuccessfully to sell me the extended warranty.
    I did the washing machine thing...some people have had them come back to life - mine did not. I let it dry on a sunny windowsill for 5 days...

It will show a green charging light but the screen never came back alive.

sorry to hear it..thank god for lockline.