1.    #1  
    Just started noticing this. For some reason, actually no reason the screen will turn itself on. Just turned on for no reason, after it turned itself off about 10 mins ago. It will stay on as far as I can tell with 'Keyguard' notice up. Usually, when I turn the treo on and not hit the center buttun to deactivate keyguard it will turn itself back off in like 5 sec. But not when it mysteriously turns itself on. It will stay on, active, and I can hit the center button and start working. Wait, just turned itself off after about 4 min, which is longer than the 2 min setting I am it set for. Any thoughts? Could it be new software? Just installed Ultrasoft Datashield, Pocket tunes, Agendus, and Neatfreak. This happening to anyone else? Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by mason08
    Just started noticing this. For some reason, actually no reason the screen will turn itself on. Just turned on for no reason, after it turned itself off about 10 mins ago. It will stay on as far as I can tell with 'Keyguard' notice up. Usually, when I turn the treo on and not hit the center buttun to deactivate keyguard it will turn itself back off in like 5 sec. But not when it mysteriously turns itself on. It will stay on, active, and I can hit the center button and start working. Wait, just turned itself off after about 4 min, which is longer than the 2 min setting I am it set for. Any thoughts? Could it be new software? Just installed Ultrasoft Datashield, Pocket tunes, Agendus, and Neatfreak. This happening to anyone else? Thanks
    Let me guess you have TreoButler installed?
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by coryburton
    Let me guess you have TreoButler installed?
    No?? any other thoughts?
    No?? any other thoughts?
    SnapperMail
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by coryburton
    SnapperMail
    Nope. How about Silverscreen?
  6.    #6  
    My treo seems to be turning itself on every 10-15 min. Then I think it timesout and turns off. 10-15 min later it turns back on. Any thoughts?
    mine was doing the same thing using the auto-fetch feature in latest beta release of snappermail.
  8.    #8  
    How did you fix it? Did you remove snappermail?

Only problem for me is I dont have snappermail?
    Your screen turns on anytime an application does something. Common causes are email programs, alarms, RSS readers, SMS and call filtering apps, backup programs; etc.

Go through all the apps on your phone and note any that run on a set schedule, or run when an "event" occurs.
  10.    #10  
    Not sure what could be doing it. So here is my list. Let me know if you think it is one of these.

Vindigo
    Avantgo
    Agendus
    Cleanup
    Uninstall
    Filez
    Ultrasoft Money
    Ultrasoft Datashield
    Monopoly
    Palm Puke
    PsMemo
    Pocket Tunes Deluxe
    Silverscreen
    Today (freeware version) - MY best guess as the culprit, but dont know
    Battery graph - Another possible candidate
    Button Manager (Aqua)
    Colorize - Maybe?
    HolidayUSA
    Metro
    Palm Prices
    Splash ID, Shopper, Money
    Check and see if you have an unsent message in your sms outbox.
    "Common sense is the collection of prejudices acquired by age eighteen."
    - Albert Einstein
  12.    #12  
    Nope, nothing in SMS at all.
    Brightcam kept doing this on my phone.
  14.    #14  
    The answer is Ultrasoft Datashield!!! Working with Ultrasoft to resolve, but the jury is still out.
    Global Posts
    326 Global Posts
    I am having this problem, too. My Treo's screen turned on quite often, when three conditions were met:

1. OnlyMe is enabled
    *and*
    2. My Treo 600's phone is on
    *and*
    3. My Treo is in the charger

OnlyMe is a great program, and the developer is very responsive. I'm currently trying to determine if the problem is caused by an "interaction" between OnlyMe and another program.
    Last edited by badler; 08/23/2004 at 08:13 AM.