1.    #1  
    I am using standard email/blazer that comes with treo 600/cingular phone. I have attachments in email that I have fully downloaded (typically a car/hotel reservation confirmation for my trip). When I try to view them in my email application by clicking on one, it launches blazer - which insists on connecting to internet - which I can't because I am on a plane. When blazer can't connect, I get an error message and am thrown back to email app. I have tried to set my home page to about:blank so it won't try to load home page etc.. I have also turned images off, so it won't try to load any images referenced in the document, but blazer insists on connecting to internet before it will let me view local attachments.

Also, I couldn't find any way to save attachment from email so I can view them using any other application.

Any help/work arounds/tips will be appreciated.

[edited for spelling and adding paragraph about saving attachments]
    I just did an experiment and turned wireless mode off. I opened the browser and said no when it asked me if I want to connect, then was able to open html documents I had saved (I saved them by "menu" "save as" when I was viewing them online. They show up as a bookmark with a little triangle in the corner.
    It's really "save page" not "save as"
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by ddeger
    I just did an experiment and turned wireless mode off. I opened the browser and said no when it asked me if I want to connect, then was able to open html documents I had saved (I saved them by "menu" "save as" when I was viewing them online. They show up as a bookmark with a little triangle in the corner.
    Thanks, butl the problem is that the attachments are in the email and I can't save them locally - or atleast I don't know how to.
    You can use Quickword to open HTML files. If you're using SnapperMail to get your email then it will pop-up a list of 2 apps that you can open the *.html document with (the built-in Mail app will go to the default)... you'll also get the option to save the file to SD Card or beam it to something else to read the file on.
    Will Lau

www.snappermail.com

A Killer Email Client for Palm OS Smartphones, now available...
    Are the attachments html documents/links? What I am thinking is if your browser opens the attachment OK when you are connected, do a "menu/save page" to put a copy of the attachment into Treo memory in a place the browser can get it later.

I must admit I don't fully understand the nature of your email attachments. Is it a link or an attachment? What is the 3 letter extension of the attachment?
    Few points. I really recommend using Snapper etc for exactly these types of reasons. With it you can specify if you want to open, save to card etc and then open the file later using either QuickWord, DTG or whatever...

Anyway, one solution may try to change the file extension settings for HTML files. You need a file ext manager like MediaManger etc to do this which will allow you to set some other app besides blazer to automatically open html files. (I think QuickWord automatically checks to see if if is the defaul app). Or you may just use QuickWord as mentioned above.

Finally, if you can save the html files to the card. You can open them via blazer w/o logging on using the following syntax:

file:///default.html

You can read more about this in the thread below:

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...ight=card+html

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
  8.    #8  
    RE: snapperfish, ddeger and gfunkmagic

I swear I replied to each message separately yesterday, but my replies are gone (was there a forum crash or something?).

The attachments are HTML files and show up as "text/html" attachment in my email message.

Anyway, I understand that if I get Blazer to display my email attachment while I am online, then I can save locally and use file:// syntax to view them again while offline. The problem is that often I won't view the attachments ahead of time or forget to save them.

I would rather not pay for Snappermail if I don't have to, as the default email program meets my needs (except for this one). I will try out MediaManager and QuickWord.

Thanks for all the replies.
    If you are on a plane and want to surf the web without connecting, try avantgo. Avantgo also has a wireless mode and will connect to live content if you have your wireless mode on. Avantgo is not a "true" browser because they have "channels" and you can't just open up any URL. But honestly I prefer sticking to small sites designed for PDA's anyway. Otherwise I spend a lot of time getting angry because of Download speeds (I am used to a cable modem). I have both blazer and Avantgo and use both on a regular basis.
    Have you tried turning off wireless mode?
    Quote Originally Posted by Iceblink1975
    . Avantgo is not a "true" browser because they have "channels" and you can't just open up any URL.

Yes you can - it opens all the http and https that I ask it to - and none of them are anywhere in Avantgo's channels.
  12.    #12  
    RE: ddeger
    >Have you tried turning off wireless mode?

Yes - no help.

RE: Iceblink1975, marshalla99:

I am not trying to browse web offline. I am trying to view an attachment that was mailed to me while I am on a plane (and hence offline).

I haven't had the chance to try MediaManager or QuickWord yet. But from all the posts in this forum and elsewhere, seems like snapper mail is the best (but most expensive solution).
    Quote Originally Posted by jrd
    Thanks, butl the problem is that the attachments are in the email and I can't save them locally - or atleast I don't know how to.
    Have you tried turning wireless mdoe off before you open the attachment
  14.    #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by ddeger
    Have you tried turning wireless mdoe off before you open the attachment
    Yes, and it did not help...