Page 1 of 10 123456 ... LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Click here for the news article. I am soooooooooooo psyched!!!

Here's an excerpt:

"Mytreo.net is extremely proud to announce the long anticipated release of CallFilter version 1.2. The update is available on mytreo.net and nowhere else!

Robert Johnson, one of the newest mytreo.net Supported Developers, is the pioneer of call filtering software for the Treo 600. In January of 2004, Robert released CallFilter 1.0. The product did one thing and well: it sent blocked-caller IDs and other types of unwanted callers or categories of contacts directly to voicemail. For the first time it was possible for Treo owners to screen out personal calls during the day or to send work callers to voicemail during dinner hours. For the first time phone owners could screen telemarketers or automatically ignore blocked caller IDs. The genius of the idea was immediately apparent. People loved the features and discussed it ad nauseum in forums: one thread was even viewed 24,000 times! CallFilter became known as a "must have" application.

Shortly thereafter two talented developers entered the marketplace with copy-cat products. Mantra Group Inc. and Toysoft Inc. released CallShield and Buzzoff, respectively. Each of the developers raced to compete with the other. The competition led to many new features, including MP3 and wav ring tones, SMS blocking and ring tones, call forwarding and more. Much of the innovation came from Robert. But as quickly as he wrote updates, the competition incorporated his ideas as their own and vice versa. Tired of the ferocious feature race and wanting to shake up the community a second time, Robert did something unusual. He went underground and developed quietly with a team he described as "elite beta testers," chosen for their skilled feedback and most importantly discretion. For four months he has been out of the public view turning CallFilter 1.1 into version 1.2.

Mytreo.net is excited to finally be able to provide you with the software and divulge Robert's secrets!"
    niice
    Cell Phone History: Sanyo 6200, Sanyo 4900, Sanyo 5300, Treo 600 and now the Treo 650.
    It is an awesome application. I find though that it still has basically the same functions as Call Shield. It handles no caller id, blocked id, specific time actions, and SMS functions such as no popup and specific text interaction (action that results in it passing on to another application, such as Treo Helper to lock the Treo 600). I did not try the noise functions, It does have an "auto reply" function wtih SMS - playing with it later. Overall it is a good improvement over the first release.
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by bclinger
    It is an awesome application. I find though that it still has basically the same functions as Call Shield. It handles no caller id, blocked id, specific time actions, and SMS functions such as no popup and specific text interaction (action that results in it passing on to another application, such as Treo Helper to lock the Treo 600). I did not try the noise functions, It does have an "auto reply" function wtih SMS - playing with it later. Overall it is a good improvement over the first release.
    bclinger,

I think you're leaving out some important features. This concept of having sets of rules that correspond to profiles is amazingly powerful. You can have an entire set of rules around your circumstances....like 10 rules that you want applied during the daytime, and 15 different rules you want applied during dinnertime, and 5 different rules that only apply on weekends. Then all you have to do is switch profiles to switch sets of rules. Frankly Callshield cannot touch that. Callshield also doesn't have any of the callnotes functionality. Nobody wants to be hit up for $30 after buying CallShiled. But you have to admit, this is a huge development.
    Not to mention the ability to have a specific group or number spoken out loud for you to hear, pretty neat. I believe someone asked for a program to do this recently on this forum, offering $100 to the creator.
    Cell Phone History: Sanyo 6200, Sanyo 4900, Sanyo 5300, Treo 600 and now the Treo 650.
    The profiles thing has caused me serious problems in the past. What profiles program do you consider stable or robust enough to provide reliable profile control. At one stage or another, Profile Manager, ProFeo 600 and Profiler have each caused me a bit of difficulty. Recommend the one to go with and I will give that function another try.

I noted and played with the "note" feature and yes it is nice, though not a smashing reason to change. The logging feature being in view is nice compared to having to execute multiple taps in Call Shield.

As for calling out the phone number, my day time environment is often too noisy and frankly, I consider that not to be an important feature. Nice but not important. I can see what I want much faster than hear what I want and do so without bothering the person I may be next to, talking to, et cetera.

I did not mention cost because that is not the big factor for me. For my purposes it does not have enough over Call Shield to warrant a change. Had I initially been more impressed with Call Filter 1.1 versus Call Shield Pro, then sure, an upgrade to 1.2 would be an excellent step. Now it would be nice step, not a required step. I frankly thought there would be more to this release then I noticed. Not a bad app, just not a necessary upgrade or change for me. Ben
    Quote Originally Posted by full_flex
    Not to mention the ability to have a specific group or number spoken out loud for you to hear, pretty neat. I believe someone asked for a program to do this recently on this forum, offering $100 to the creator.
    LOL pretty funny eh? I imagine the beta testers for CallFilter looked at that and laughed. I wonder if he/she will pay now?
    "Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music." -Kristian Wilson, Nintendo, 1989
    I have been using Simple Profile Manager 0.18 for probably six months in coexistance with 100 other programs and never noticed a single problem. Also, I have tested Profeo 600 Light and found it an excellent competitor with a responsive developer.

You should give profiles another try. I think there is even a Profiles thread around here with 35,000 views!

Obviously software is largely about personal preferences.

Cheers
    There is a little check-box in the preferences to fix the Jabra Freespeak functionality? is this for real? (i'm out of town and don't have mine)

if that's the case, then it's worth $30 just for that!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by rosenft
    I have been using Simple Profile Manager 0.18 for probably six months in coexistance with 100 other programs and never noticed a single problem. Also, I have tested Profeo 600 Light and found it an excellent competitor with a responsive developer.

You should give profiles another try. I think there is even a Profiles thread around here with 35,000 views!

Obviously software is largely about personal preferences.

Cheers
    Profeo 600 Light does not seem to be compatible with the new version of CallFilter. CallFilter tells me that Profeo is not enabled when in fact, it is. Other than that, the upgrade has lots of great features.
    Quote Originally Posted by lb505
    Profeo 600 Light does not seem to be compatible with the new version of CallFilter. CallFilter tells me that Profeo is not enabled when in fact, it is. Other than that, the upgrade has lots of great features.

Robert mentioned that that CallFilter 1.2 works with Profeo 0.8 and that he is updating it to work with the newer Profeo 0.9 version as well. It also works perfectly with Simple Profile Manager, which is freeware.

Anyone try the CALL ANNOUNCE feature or the CALL NOTES features? I love it!
    I did try it with Simple Profile Manager so I could see what it was supposed to do. I just like the automated profile switching of Profeo better. What I did notice when I tried Simple Profile Manager was that all my previously created rules did not show when SPM was active. What happened to them? Are they still active? Do they all need to be recreated in each profile? I see CallFilter has a copy function but I can't copy them if I can't see them anymore. My original rules did reappear once I removed the SPM integration.

I have tried call announce. Very cool.
    I just purchased Callfilter. I have always been very pleased with Lightwav, but I just have too many contacts. I've got about 6000 contracts, so it takes a lot of time before Lightwav finds the contact that was calling me. Callfilter does it a lot faster! And of course the profiles. Brilliant!! Just one thing:
    Is it possible to make a "scroll-bar" to find a contact for a rule? I tried to test a few office numbers in the rules, but to find them I spent about 8 minutes pressing the "down-arrow" in Callfilter....
    Global Posts
    334 Global Posts
    holy ****, 6000 contacts?
    Yeah, terrible isn't it?

So it takes some time to go over all of them to find a match. Lightwav could take up to 15 seconds. Callfilter does it in no time at all!!!
    It doesn't appear that the call announce volume is variable with the ring volume. Has anyone been able to change the call announce volume?
    Quick question: If you already have a registered version of Callfilter 1.1 on your Treo does this new version constitute a free upgrade or do you have to again pay for the program? Also, when you do install the new version do you have to delete the old version or can you install it on top of the old? Thanks for the advise and insight...
    "This space intentionally left blank."
    I installed on top of the old and the program still shows as registered.
    Ah, thanks Laurie, much appreciated
    "This space intentionally left blank."
    I loaded Call filter 1.2 yesterday and havent had much time to play with the settings. Looks good so far. I will say this though. The 10 day trial period SUCKS!!!! As much as this thing does it takes a fair amount of time to get it just right and by the time I do I will be out of time to test it.
    How about 30 days Vware?
    “There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty: soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order.”
    — Ed Howdershelt
    "A government big enough to give you everything you want, is big enough to take away everything you have."- Thomas Jefferson
Page 1 of 10 123456 ... LastLast