Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast
    I have the downloaded trial version from Mytreo. When I use the call completion option, and select NOT to log the call, I get a reset either immediately or when I select a new/next contact to call.

Ideas?
    Need the ability to add a contact record for logging a call from/to a non-contact.

Thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by pinfante
    I have the downloaded trial version from Mytreo. When I use the call completion option, and select NOT to log the call, I get a reset either immediately or when I select a new/next contact to call.

Ideas?
    hmm, are you using a third party phone application like TAKEphONE? If so you need to adjust callfilter to use that program.

Also, try downloading the latest beta of callfilter to see if that solves your problem. You can download it at: http://www.velocityware.com/download...filterbeta.zip

If your still having problems, shoot an email out to callfiltersupport AT velocityware.com .
    "The danger from computers is not that they will eventually get as smart as men, but that we will agree to meet them halfway." -Bernard Avishai
    "Computers are a lot like air conditioners - they both work great until you open windows." -Anonymous

Quote Originally Posted by write1here
    Yes, indeed, thanks...letting the folks on the board have the benefit of said insights. Program still not working, so need to keep at it! Again, thanks!
    Sorry, I cant work that way. Its easier to keep a log in my email of problems cuz i get too many emails, private messages, etc. At this point, time management is very important to me. Lets solve your problem or figure it out, then maybe you can post an update to everyone.
    Understand, indeed, information is power!
    "This space intentionally left blank."
    The 9-10 and 9-13 releases have been very stable for me. No crashes at all and interaction with other programs has been good. I also use TakePhone. Ben
  7.    #167  
    I just noticed this cover story about CallFilter. Looks like the final release is now available and being advertised outside of the discussion forums.

What are the new secret innovations anyway and how do I join the so called "elite beta team" to try them out? The waiting kills me!
    Quote Originally Posted by Tekara
    hmm, are you using a third party phone application like TAKEphONE? If so you need to adjust callfilter to use that program.
    I do use Takephone, what kind of adjustments do I need to make?
    Quote Originally Posted by pinfante
    I do use Takephone, what kind of adjustments do I need to make?
    In the call completion menu of callfilter, there is a drop down that adjust's how callfilter behaves after a phone call. You should set this to use "takephone" instead of "built in phone app" and that should solve your problems.

If problem still persist, please send an email out to callfiltersupport AT velocitymare.com .
    "The danger from computers is not that they will eventually get as smart as men, but that we will agree to meet them halfway." -Bernard Avishai
    "Computers are a lot like air conditioners - they both work great until you open windows." -Anonymous

Hi. I'm a Lightwav+CallShield user who has recently decided that I'm due for a switch.

I'm evaluating Callfilter and I've come across some concerns:

1) The ability to read the number of the caller out loud is amazing! But, unfortunately it's also just as inaudible as midi ringtones, the whole reason why I used Lightwav to play MP3s in the first place (pleasurable sound was a secondary concern. Hearing the sound was the primary). Is there anyway to turn the volume up on that? In any situation but complete silence it is impossible to hear without holding the speaker up to your ear.

2) The feature to pickup and then hangup... I can't see a need for this, since to me the goal is to get someone to unblock their number and call. The feature I was looking for was 'announce <pick up + play an mp3> and then hang up', like CallShield has. I use this feature in CallShield by recording an mp3 that says, "Your call has been diverted due to your insistence on blocking your number. No voicemail will be recorded, nor page sent. Please unblock your number and call again. ", and then hanging up without going to voicemail. Since Callfilter doesn't announce, I feel that I unfortunately will still have to resort to CallShield for this for now. But I can't get Callfilter and CallShield to play nicely together. Here's the setup:

General Preferences > Default Ring Settings:
    Ring Type: <blank>

Main Screen >
    Rule: Is Blocked / Action: Ring As Normal / Special Settings: <none>
    Rule: From a Phone Number / Phone Number: * / Action: Ring As Normal / Special Settings: Announce Number Ringtone

When I test this from a blocked number, it seems to play the default ringtone in the phone settings, instead of letting CallShield intercept and play the announcement. Is there something I'm overlooking, and/or can we possibly get the "Announce and then hang up" feature in Callfilter? It would obviously be optimal to be able to only rely on one app, and Callfilter is soooo close to that one app for me! Can anyone get this configuration to work?
    Last edited by Treofficial; 09/27/2004 at 05:17 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Treofficial
    Hi. I'm a Lightwav+CallShield user who has recently decided that I'm due for a switch.

I'm evaluating Callfilter and I've come across some concerns:

1) The ability to read the number of the caller out loud is amazing! But, unfortunately it's also just as inaudible as midi ringtones, the whole reason why I used Lightwav in the first place. Is there anyway to turn the volume up on that? In any situation but complete silence it is impossible to hear without holding the speaker up to your ear.
    I am glad you like the announce number stuff. I cant remember if i posted in this thread or some other, but yes, i am adding features to increase this volume level dramatically. Thing about software is that i can only do so much in the time I have. So I still plan on adding that and a lot of other things that I have written down from listening to all the great feedback on here.

Quote Originally Posted by Treofficial
    2) The feature to pickup and then hangup... I can't see a need for this. The feature I was looking for was 'announce <pick up + play an mp3> and then hang up', like CallShield has. Since Callfilter doesn't announce, I feel that I unfortunately will still have to resort to CallShield for this for now. But I can't get Callfilter and CallShield to play nicely together. Here's the setup:

General Preferences > Default Ring Settings:
    Ring Type: <blank>

Main Screen >
    Rule: Is Blocked / Action: Ring As Normal / Special Settings: <none>
    Rule: From a Phone Number / Phone Number: * / Action: Ring As Normal / Special Settings: Announce Number Ringtone

When I test this from a blocked number, it seems to play the default ringtone in the phone settings, instead of letting CallShield intercept and play the announcement. Is there something I'm overlooking, and/or can we possibly get the "Announce and then hang up" feature in Callfilter? It would obviously be optimal to be able to only rely on one app, and Callfilter is soooo close to that one app for me!
    Yea, I plan on adding the announce stuff. I didnt put it in that release cuz I dont like the annouce coming through the speaker, and wanted a little time to devise a better way. its annoying to me.. especially the background sound thing...VERY annoying to me personally...but people wanted it, so i added it. anyway, as a last resort, i will do it that way.

regarding callfilter/lightwav/callshield playing nice...well...that will probably never happen.

Normally apps get notices, like "got a call"...and if that app doesnt need it, it "passes on" the message. CallFilter does its best to always "pass on" an messages, but not all third party apps do this. As a result, we cant all play nice together. You can possibly achieve your goal by changing the order that you load callfilter and callshield into your palm...but not completely sure...but is possible.

hope this helps a little bit,
    Rob
    Thanks for the expedient reply.

but yes, i am adding features to increase this volume level dramatically.
    *whew* glad to hear it!

You can possibly achieve your goal by changing the order that you load callfilter and callshield into your palm...but not completely sure...but is possible.
    Hmm.. so if I understand this right, you're saying to attempt to reinstall CallShield so that it is the last ringtone-based app installed? I'll give that a try as soon as I get home and post the results. I see your point about not liking the fact that it plays the mp3 out of the speaker, and I applaud your efforts for wanting to see if there's a better method. But in the meantime, the old method sure would help, and I'm sure more people could use that feature, because the 'answer and hang up' thing is well.. rude, and unproductive. The average caller would have no idea why they can't get through, would never even think that it was because their number was blocked, and being that I'm in a service-related industry, I can't have that happen since they'll think I've changed my number and go elsewhere. Yikes!
    followup:

Well, that didn't work. The only thing that lets Call Shield do it's thing seems to be uninstalling Callfilter

I'll stay posted. It's too bad I'll have to live without the callfilter logging and other great features for now though. The suggestion of adding to contacts as a post-action would be another great idea, btw. I second that one.
    Last edited by Treofficial; 09/28/2004 at 12:14 AM.
    You cannot have them both enabled. I have both of them installed in main memory and switch between the two on occasion. I do though use Call Filter the most. Ben
    Question and maybe im overlooking it as a simple fix. can I... get the mp3 to stop when I click on the screen when a text message is received? or at least be able to hit a stop button on the mini ptunes viewer that I can have pop up. do I have to have deluxe to be able to perform this???
    "I have to return some videotapes."
    Yeah, I have to say that the latest rev of CallFilter is really sucking (no offense Rob) and it looks like I may need to downgrade for now. I can't get any of the SMS filtering to work and it broke my ability to use CallShield for that until CallFilter is fixed.

Looks like I'm gonna have to downgrade CallFilter for now which really stinks. I hope they can fix this soon or else I may have to stay on an old version as SMS ringtones are way more important to my job than the other features.
  17.    #177  
    manielse,
    there have been hundreds upon hundreds of messages posted for Rob in his private developers area and nobody's ever mentioned this problem. Are using the most recent version available? Make sure you disable the old version before installing the new one, and that you reset afterwards.

Sorry to hear about your issues...you might want to send Rob an email as well.
    Yes, I did a full uninstall and reinstall. I was also getting this pTunes volume dropping to none after a few SMS messages before I downgraded. It's too bad, I'm sure Rob is working on this and I know he's a busy guy besides this project. Just frustrating when it breaks another app when it's not working properly...
    Global Posts
    553 Global Posts
    I don't think that Callfilter and Callshield were meant to work together...I have the lastest version of Callfilter, at least I think it is the latest since he emailed it to me, and have ZERO PROBLEMS thus far. Try deleting, or at least disabling the other program(s) that do the same things as Callfilter and see how it works.
    Been there, done that with no luck. I'm ok with sitting until his next beta release which seems to be rather quick.
Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast