Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 345678910 LastLast
    Darn bugs! Thanks for taking care of it so quickly
    Quote Originally Posted by VWare
    Its all fine now! We just experienced a bug in the Treo MIDI api! No worries, I just worked around it.

Attached is a version that should put you back in business...

a) LB505,Blockburner - midi getting interrupted thing fixed
    b) Tekara, renaming Thursday to R is fixed
    Thank you so much VWare! No more dreaded "1-second ringtones"! Now about those 10-second MP3 ringtone delays..............

H--E--L--P!!!
    its kinda hard to keep up in the forum, and track everything...can we do more stuff via email? It makes my life so much easier, and makes sure I dont leave any issues unresolved. my email for anything under the sun is callfiltersupport AT velocityware.com

Regarding the 10-second mp3 ringtone delay.... its not happening on my phone, but I do have a few thoughts....

a) check your MP3, and make sure its not defective, or sampled at such a high bitrate that your treo is having a hard time keeping up. just cuz it plays normally in pockettunes, dooesnt mean it will play as well in the background cuz your treo has a LOT to do during a phone call.
    b) keep in mind that your treo can-not multitask. pockettunes just makes it look that way....so when you get a phone call, the phone stuff may be preventing pockettunes from getting all the data in the buffer to start playing.
    c) once you get a phone call, all i do is tell pocket-tunes "ok buddy, start playing song X." then thats it. its off into pocket-tunes land, and i dont have any control over it anymore.

those are my best guesses for now. if you need proof, we can go through more detailed debugging steps, and we can log exactly whats happening on your treo. Just email me at callfiltersupport AT velocityware.com and we can see whats going on.
    VWare, you were right! After doing some investigating, I found that evertime pTunes was called up by callfilter to play an MP3 as a ringtone, it created an approx. 175 byte sized playlist file. It seems as if I had a few hundred playlist files easy, and once I went in and deleted all of them, guess what..............no more delay! Just imagine how quickly you could get a couple of hundred fiIes on your treo with your phone ringing an average of 5-10 times a day? I don't know if the playlist file creation is triggered by callfilter calling up pTunes or if its done automatically by pTunes anytime ANY song is played, but I think it is a serious issue and should be looked into. One would hate to have to delete hundreds of files every month if not more often.
    Thanks again VWare for the update. It's working beautifully!
    Handspring Visor w/Sprint Mobile Card --> Sprint Treo 300 --> Sprint Treo 600 --> Sprint Treo 650 --> Sprint Treo 755p
    I did notice one thing: this issue didn't start happening until I upgraded to version 1.2 back in August.
    Good news: I just went through some preliminary testing by calling myself from various numbers to call up different MP3's under different rules and everything looks okay. I brought up different MP3's via calls through callfilter and also directly through pTunes and I did notice that a playlist file is automatically created when a song is played, but not a new one each time. When a new song is played, it just automatically updates the current playlist to reflect what was last playing. Whatever bug there was between callfilter and pTunes seems to be fixed in your september releases. Keep up the good work VWare!
    Handspring Visor w/Sprint Mobile Card --> Sprint Treo 300 --> Sprint Treo 600 --> Sprint Treo 650 --> Sprint Treo 755p
    Quote Originally Posted by blockburner2700
    VWare, you were right! After doing some investigating, I found that evertime pTunes was called up by callfilter to play an MP3 as a ringtone, it created an approx. 175 byte sized playlist file. It seems as if I had a few hundred playlist files easy, and once I went in and deleted all of them, guess what..............no more delay! Just imagine how quickly you could get a couple of hundred fiIes on your treo with your phone ringing an average of 5-10 times a day? I don't know if the playlist file creation is triggered by callfilter calling up pTunes or if its done automatically by pTunes anytime ANY song is played, but I think it is a serious issue and should be looked into. One would hate to have to delete hundreds of files every month if not more often.
    Thanks again VWare for the update. It's working beautifully!
    thats great news!!!! I am glad things are working perfectly for you!!!

I think it would be worthwhile for you to email pocket-tunes support about those playlists...i bet they didnt start showing up till you upgraded to pocket-tunes 2.3 or greater, cuz that is when they added the new interrupt a playlist feature.

Have fun! and thanks for the kind words!
    Quote Originally Posted by blockburner2700
    I've noticed a problem with callfilter. I currently have it being controlled by Profiles 0.18 and I've created a profile called "no mp3's". I don't have any MP3 ringers set under this profile, just midi ringtones, but for some reason, whenever I get a call from someone in my phonebook that's not in my rule list, it rings the default ringer. I think there should be a rule for "known callers" just as there is a rule for "not in contacts". Is this possible or do I have to go into prefs everytime I don't want my mp3's playing as ringtones for "known callers" not in my rule list?
    I personally also think that there should be a 'Rule' for "Known Callers" just as there is a rule for 'Not in phonebook' and 'No caller Id'. I realize from your (VWare) post that there is a way to achieve this as described by you above, but I still think it would be simpler and more obvious for everyone to have a clear Rule as part of the original program for "Known Callers". If it were not for this thread I would have given up on Call Filter due to this issue. By the way this rule would apply to those that are in the phonebook but do not have a special rule made for them.

May I also suggest that you make the task of assigning ringtones simpler. By that I mean the part where you select the individual contact from the phonebook. As things are right now it really is very tedious getting to a particular contact and therefore it takes really long to setup a rule for individual contacts. Couple of things that could be done in this regard are:
    1) Allow individual to set preference for names to be listed by 'First Name, Last Name' and not just by the default 'Last Name, First Name'. Please keep in mind there are Treo users outside the US too, where 'First Name, Last Name' is a more commonly used format of displaying names.
    2) To get to a particular name one should be able to just type the name in. For eg. to get to Sanjay, I would type S, which would take me to the begining of all names with S and then so on and so forth. I am sure you get the idea.
    3) There should be a scroll bar rather than just a scroll arrow to be able to quickly scroll up or down.
    All of a sudden I have a major problem. When I get a phone call my phone vibrates but there is no sound. After the call when I check, the volume level in P Tunes is down to zero. I then turn up the volume to full and again call myself and guess what same thing. Once again when I check P Tunes the volume level has gone back down to zero. This happens each time I get a phone call and I get no sound from the ringtones/mp3.
    Sanjay -> Have you tried adjusting your ringer volume? Callfilter uses your ringer volume settings and not your ptune settings.
    "The danger from computers is not that they will eventually get as smart as men, but that we will agree to meet them halfway." -Bernard Avishai
    "Computers are a lot like air conditioners - they both work great until you open windows." -Anonymous

Quote Originally Posted by Sanjay
    I personally also think that there should be a 'Rule' for "Known Callers" just as there is a rule for 'Not in phonebook' and 'No caller Id'. I realize from your (VWare) post that there is a way to achieve this as described by you above, but I still think it would be simpler and more obvious for everyone to have a clear Rule as part of the original program for "Known Callers". If it were not for this thread I would have given up on Call Filter due to this issue. By the way this rule would apply to those that are in the phonebook but do not have a special rule made for them.
    I am glad you saw that there was a easy way in that post. But also notice in that same post that I also said that I was going to add such a feature

May I also suggest that you make the task of assigning ringtones simpler. By that I mean the part where you select the individual contact from the phonebook. As things are right now it really is very tedious getting to a particular contact and therefore it takes really long to setup a rule for individual contacts. Couple of things that could be done in this regard are:
    1) Allow individual to set preference for names to be listed by 'First Name, Last Name' and not just by the default 'Last Name, First Name'. Please keep in mind there are Treo users outside the US too, where 'First Name, Last Name' is a more commonly used format of displaying names.
    Callfilter doesnt care how you put the name. its doesnt even use the name. You SEE a name, but CallFilter uses a unique contact record identifier, that way it doesnt matter how you put in the name or what country you are in .

2) To get to a particular name one should be able to just type the name in. For eg. to get to Sanjay, I would type S, which would take me to the begining of all names with S and then so on and so forth. I am sure you get the idea.
    3) There should be a scroll bar rather than just a scroll arrow to be able to quickly scroll up or down
    Yep, these are already on my list of future things also. Keep in mind that Callfilter is an incredibly complex piece of software, so it takes time to add everything that I may want. Its a work in progress, thats evolving over time.

Feel free to email me at CallFilterSupport AT velocityware.com with any ideas, suggestions, or if you need technical support.
    Is there a way you could put a checkbox on each rule that will turn off/on call logging for that particular rule? Love the logging feature, but not from my friends.

Still the best damn piece of software ever written! If you attempted to fix it in 1.2, I still cannot receive a call from 'no caller id' while on a different call. I have to hang up and wait for it to ring again. Am I missing something?

Derek
    Vware, if all contacts have a unique identifier, and you add a contact, do the all get a different identifier? I think so, because I have a lot of rules set up using "contact". And when I add a contact on my desktop, and sync it to my Treo, the rules don't work anymore...
    Quote Originally Posted by Tekara
    Callfilter uses your ringer volume settings and not your ptune settings.
    I have to slightly correct this statement. Volume settings are controlled by the standard ringer volume. However you can boost the volume in PTunes under general preferences up to +15dB but I wouldn't go that high, +3dB seems to be a pretty good setting.
    Quote Originally Posted by computerfixitguy
    Is there a way you could put a checkbox on each rule that will turn off/on call logging for that particular rule? Love the logging feature, but not from my friends.

Still the best damn piece of software ever written! If you attempted to fix it in 1.2, I still cannot receive a call from 'no caller id' while on a different call. I have to hang up and wait for it to ring again. Am I missing something?

Derek
    I am looking at that nocallerid thing.

regarding the checkbox to enable logging for a contact. I think I am going to add the ability to optionally pick a category for Logging. That way only all Business contacts, for instance, will have an automatic CallLogging box popup.
    Quote Originally Posted by stynos
    Vware, if all contacts have a unique identifier, and you add a contact, do the all get a different identifier? I think so, because I have a lot of rules set up using "contact". And when I add a contact on my desktop, and sync it to my Treo, the rules don't work anymore...
    I can only answer this question based on stock stuff, like the builtin date book, hotsync using standard conduits,etc. i am going to answer this based on palms standards, but i am someone is going to think of some third party app that breaks these rules, but here goes... (as usual, i feel the need to give the technical reasons ...but you asked!)

Every contact record has a unique identifier. This identifer is 32 bits long. You can change the name, or whatever else you want, but that physical record in your Palm keeps the same unique Id. This is kinda similar to the AutoIncrement identifier in a standard SQL database for your primary key.

When you add a contact record, no other record is touched. It doesnt reorder or create a bunch of new Unique Identifiers. Your treo will just add a new record, and automatically assign that record a unique Identifier of its own.

Callfilter only uses this Unique Identifier internally. Now, in theory, its possible to mess around with your hotsync settings, make the desktop master, or something or another, and force all those unique ids to change. But that would suck, cuz that would make syncing take forever if you had a lot of contacts. I just decided to go with the Palm recommended method of referencing a contact record, and that is using that Unique Identifier.

If you want more details to how things work, or why, feel free to email me at callfiltersupport AT velocityware.com
    Perhaps this has been metnioned before...but Callfilter is not recognizing the correct volumne on my SD card. Please advise how to fix this.
    "This space intentionally left blank."
    Quote Originally Posted by write1here
    Perhaps this has been metnioned before...but Callfilter is not recognizing the correct volumne on my SD card. Please advise how to fix this.
    CallFilter displays the volume # and name, but doesnt actually use the volume # for playing mp3s. I regret putting the volume # there, cuz it changes due to the palm os, and has no effect on callfilter whatsoever, cuz i dont use it. I just use Volume Name and Mp3 name to find and play an MP3. So, if you renamed your card, that would break the association that CallFilter makes and would prevent it from finding an MP3. I have noticed that some people have discovered that after a reset on some phones, the Treo does not properly remount the SD card. I think there is a new app CardKeeper, that may people seem very happy with. If this doesnt seem to be the case for you, please email me at callfiltersupport AT velocityware.com, and we should be able to zoom in on what your problem is.
    Nope, haven't renamed the card. Indeed, funny thing is, other applications (e.g Docs to Go, PTunes) recognize the SD card if it should accidently pop out and then is returned to the slot but not Callfilter...curious...
    Quote Originally Posted by write1here
    Nope, haven't renamed the card. Indeed, funny thing is, other applications (e.g Docs to Go, PTunes) recognize the SD card if it should accidently pop out and then is returned to the slot but not Callfilter...curious...
    I sent you email regarding my thoughts about this over an hour ago. You must have not received it... I will resend.
    Yes, indeed, thanks...letting the folks on the board have the benefit of said insights. Program still not working, so need to keep at it! Again, thanks!
Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 345678910 LastLast