Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by pixhershko
    did you all came across a problem using callfilter where the t600 stopped getting calls? I did and when I read the text on it said t600 has a bug that would at times would prevent the phone from ringing... had to delet my callfilter...
    I put that note in there because I saw a thread on TreoCentral a long time ago that indicated that people were not getting phone calls (for reasons that had NOTHING to do with callfilter). I saw the thread before I even wrote CallFilter! I just referenced it cuz I thought it was helpful information, but it had absolutely nothing to do with CallFilter.

I have gotton a ton of emails regarding CallFilter, perhaps thousands (lots of compliments, requests for enhancements, and bugs), but none of them reference a problem were it just stops getting phone calls. Sorry if my zealousnous to provide info back then caused confusion.

If there is such a case where you are not receiving phone calls, it is almost assuredly a conflict with some other application that is not properly processing Treo events. If you need help you can email me a list of your installed apps to me at CallFiltersupport AT velocityware.com, and I can possibly help you identify apps that may be misbehaving, and not allowing CallFilter to do its job.
    Quote Originally Posted by stynos
    I just purchased Callfilter. I have always been very pleased with Lightwav, but I just have too many contacts. I've got about 6000 contracts, so it takes a lot of time before Lightwav finds the contact that was calling me. Callfilter does it a lot faster! And of course the profiles. Brilliant!! Just one thing:
    Is it possible to make a "scroll-bar" to find a contact for a rule? I tried to test a few office numbers in the rules, but to find them I spent about 8 minutes pressing the "down-arrow" in Callfilter....
    Ok, gotta ask. What the hell do you do that you need 6000 contacts?
    Scraps of paper>>Back of my hand>>Kyo 6035>>Treo 600>>Treo 650>>PPC6700(Sold on Fleabay)>>Treo 650>>Treo 700p>>Treo 755p and still thinking about an iPhone
    I've noticed a problem with callfilter. I currently have it being controlled by Profiles 0.18 and I've created a profile called "no mp3's". I don't have any MP3 ringers set under this profile, just midi ringtones, but for some reason, whenever I get a call from someone in my phonebook that's not in my rule list, it rings the default ringer. I think there should be a rule for "known callers" just as there is a rule for "not in contacts". Is this possible or do I have to go into prefs everytime I don't want my mp3's playing as ringtones for "known callers" not in my rule list?
    Handspring Visor w/Sprint Mobile Card --> Sprint Treo 300 --> Sprint Treo 600 --> Sprint Treo 650 --> Sprint Treo 755p
    Quote Originally Posted by blockburner2700
    I've noticed a problem with callfilter. I currently have it being controlled by Profiles 0.18 and I've created a profile called "no mp3's". I don't have any MP3 ringers set under this profile, just midi ringtones, but for some reason, whenever I get a call from someone in my phonebook that's not in my rule list, it rings the default ringer. I think there should be a rule for "known callers" just as there is a rule for "not in contacts". Is this possible or do I have to go into prefs everytime I don't want my mp3's playing as ringtones for "known callers" not in my rule list?
    Blockburner,
    Its not a problem, its by design, BUT, with all the new support for profiles that I added, I definately think you have a good idea cuz it adds clarity. I think I am going to add this in the next release. Mathematically, the rules are designed to allow you to accomplish almost every logical combination, but it might take two rules. In your case, you need one more rule to accomplish your goal.

Here is how to accomplish what you are seeking...

in your profile "no mp3",
    Make your LAST rule...

If: Phone Call is Received
    From a: Phone Number
    Matching: *
    Then: Ring As Normal

This essentially will allow you to setup a default ring for each profile. If you click on ring settings, you can pick the mp3, midi, or if you dont click on ring settings, it will use your default midi tone setup by your builtin Treo phone application.
    Hey Rob, you need to add a feature to turn off the normal slow blinking green light. I love the new color choices for the voicemail alert by the way.

Also, you get my email that I sent a week ago or so about the quick temporary rule?
    "The danger from computers is not that they will eventually get as smart as men, but that we will agree to meet them halfway." -Bernard Avishai
    "Computers are a lot like air conditioners - they both work great until you open windows." -Anonymous

Quote Originally Posted by Tekara
    Hey Rob, you need to add a feature to turn off the normal slow blinking green light. I love the new color choices for the voicemail alert by the way.

Also, you get my email that I sent a week ago or so about the quick temporary rule?
    I thought i was the only one that was annoyed by that slow blinking green light! I will add that to my list

Regarding the Temporary rule....I definately got the email and its way high on my list of stuff to add. I really like the idea cuz its sooo real-life and practical...which are the features I always want to add first. Look for it in just a week or so.
    I tried what you suggested and it worked perfect! I guess I was wrong and "technically" you do already have a rule for what I was trying to accomplish. Once again, this software was money well spent and thanks for the quick response to my inquiry! Keep up the good work!
    Handspring Visor w/Sprint Mobile Card --> Sprint Treo 300 --> Sprint Treo 600 --> Sprint Treo 650 --> Sprint Treo 755p
    Hey, while your at it, I would love to see some way that I cauld give the rules an alias. Since I have about a dozen rules that are all named ???-???-???? for when I don't want to recieve calls like late at night and during classes. It wauld be great if I cauld give them a different name so I know which one is which.
    "The danger from computers is not that they will eventually get as smart as men, but that we will agree to meet them halfway." -Bernard Avishai
    "Computers are a lot like air conditioners - they both work great until you open windows." -Anonymous

Another thought is if I colud talk you into changing the abbreviation of Thursday from "T" to "R" so that the selection is SMTWRFS?

Another thought is if I colud talk you into changing the abbreviation of Thursday from "T" to "R" so that the selection is SMTWRFS?
    Ok, This is the kinda change programmers love...it only took 30 seconds...change has now been made.
    Hey, while your at it, I would love to see some way that I cauld give the rules an alias. Since I have about a dozen rules that are all named ???-???-???? for when I don't want to recieve calls like late at night and during classes. It wauld be great if I cauld give them a different name so I know which one is which.
    ok, this one will take a few days to implement, but its on my list of stuff to do now.
    I'm only getting about a half a second of ringtone (midi) with the 9/10 beta version. If I disable CallFilter, my phone will ring correctly. Version 1.1 and the first 1.2 beta also worked fine.
    I went back to the 8/12 verson and the ringers work fine. The problem is something in the 9/10 version. Sprint Treo if it matters.
    I have another problem that maybe you guys could help me with. I am using CallFilter 1.2 (Sept. 6 build) on a Sprint T600 and am having an issue with the MP3 ringtones. When I have midi's assigned as ringtones, I am able to answer or ignore my incoming calls in real time with no problem, but when I have MP3's assigned as ringtones and a call comes in, my treo vibrates for approx. 8-10 seconds before the MP3 starts playing. On top of that, I can't do anything (answer or ignore) until the MP3 has been playing for about 3 seconds. The pain in the **** about that is if someone is calling me who isn't into letting the phone ring 5 or 6 times before giving up, then they hang up before I can even answer the phone. I find myself using midi ringtones just so I don't miss calls and so I don't have to call people right back all the time. Very unprofessional. Other than that, great software, and I'll say it again, MONEY WELL SPENT!

Please help me! :-(
    Thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by lb505
    I'm only getting about a half a second of ringtone (midi) with the 9/10 beta version. If I disable CallFilter, my phone will ring correctly. Version 1.1 and the first 1.2 beta also worked fine.
    GOLLY! I didnt realize that had broken!!!! I will immediately fix that tonight!!!!
    blockburner, try deleting your old vorsion of callfilter before installing the new one. I had a similar problem that I had solved that way.

Thank you, VWare.
    Hi all! Me again! Now its worse than before. I deleted the old version of callfilter (minus the rules) and re-installed the sept 6 release by itself. Now not only do I have the same problem with the MP3 ringtones as previously mentioned by myself but now I also have the dreaded "1-second ringtone" mentioned above. (thinking to myself, "VWare on the way to save the day!") LOL
    I'm sorry. In regards to my last post, I installed the Sept. 10 release.
    Thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by blockburner2700
    I'm sorry. In regards to my last post, I installed the Sept. 10 release.
    Thanks!
    Its all fine now! We just experienced a bug in the Treo MIDI api! No worries, I just worked around it.

Attached is a version that should put you back in business...

a) LB505,Blockburner - midi getting interrupted thing fixed
    b) Tekara, renaming Thursday to R is fixed
    Attached Files Attached Files
Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast