Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by manilenio
    Oh, by the way, noticed some funny things going on. I set-up a rule to hide pop-up for SMS coming from people not in my contact list, but it still popped-up occasionally. Also, it still played the sms tone... Was that supposed to happen? I have a GSM unlocked international version that's officially updated.
    That was a bug that happened occasionally in that release. There is an updated version that resolved that SMS pop back up issue. Just send me an email to callfiltersupport AT velocityware.com, and I will shoot you out an update with that SMS thing all fixed up.
    Also, I tried setting up a rule for SMS for my contacts. Tried with either privacy mode on or off. Here are the details:
    If: SMS is received
    From a: Contact
    Matching: (blank)
    and Text: (blank)
    Between: (default)
    On: (default)
    Then: prevent SMS pop-up

The result is, in privacy mode, the privacy mode screen comes up. With privacy mode unchecked, the message still pops-up. Is this related to the bug you mentioned or CF just needs more information on the "Matching" and "and text" fields? Thanks.
    Also, I tried setting up a rule for SMS for my contacts. Tried with either privacy mode on or off. Here are the details:
    From a: Contact
    Matching: (blank)
    and Text: (blank)
    Then: prevent SMS pop-up

The result is, in privacy mode, the privacy mode screen comes up. With privacy mode unchecked, the message still pops-up. Is this related to the bug you mentioned or CF just needs more information on the "Matching" and "and text" fields? Thanks.
    no, its not related to that other issue. In this case your rule is invalid. For what you are trying to achieve you want:

From a: [NOT IN CONTACTS]
    Matching: *
    and Text: *
    Then: Prevent SMS Pop-up
    I see... so while this is more powerful, it's also more tedious... Since one has to be more specific. Well, I can live with that VWare, last question, any plans of giving SMS tones more functionality by enabling mp3 or wav for alerts?
    Quote Originally Posted by sxtg
    So I ran to the store picked up a new Freespeak and rushed home to download the software. While reading these post I was skeptical, but when I loaded the software sure enough the little box was there. I checked it and anxiously waited for the headset to charge..... is this a joke?? It hangs up the call just like it always has.
    There are three possible reasons:

a) CallFilter is not enabled. You have to enable it in bottom right corner of the main screen.

b) You need to make sure you [activate the function on your BT200 also. unplug your BT200 from the AC. Make sure the head set is inserted in the base unit. Ensure the head set is turned off. Next take a clip and insert it into the pin hole and hold it for about 10 sec. You will get either 4 blinks or 5 blinks. I believe the 4 blink is active and 5 blink is deactivate.] paraphrases instructions posted by another user.

c) There is some conflicting app on your Treo that is intercepting phone events, and not passing them on correctly, and hence preventing CallFilter from doing its job.
    How do you get rid of the Voice Mail icon in the phone status box? I had a voice mail, listened to it, deleted it and the icon was still there. So I went back to voice mail and exited the system using the * key instead of just hanging up (read somewhere that you need to do that for the Treo) and the voice mail icon still shows. I have a Sprint phone and do not have any of the updates posted since the original 1.2.
    Quote Originally Posted by lb505
    How do you get rid of the Voice Mail icon in the phone status box? I had a voice mail, listened to it, deleted it and the icon was still there. So I went back to voice mail and exited the system using the * key instead of just hanging up (read somewhere that you need to do that for the Treo) and the voice mail icon still shows. I have a Sprint phone and do not have any of the updates posted since the original 1.2.
    Well... here is how voicemail works...

when you get a voicemail, and when you retrieve a voicemail, the cellular phone company sends a little message to your cellphone saying that "you have voicemail", or "your voicemails have been deleted". Sometimes, your phone does not get this message cuz maybe it was out of range, was too busy doing something (like listening to music), or something like that. So, when this occurs, your Treo leaves the voicemail indicator on, cuz it never got the "your voicemails have been deleted" message.

Usually, after a while, the cellular network will send the message again, and your phone will show that the voicemail indicator is gone at that point.

So in summary, this is not a CallFilter issue, but a unfortunate way that cellphones work. Even without callfilter, your would have show the voicemail indicator. All callfilter does is ask the phone "did you get that message from the cell network that messages were deleted?". And if your treo responds yes, it removes that little icon. So your treo actually "thinks" that there is voicemail cuz it never got the message.
    I just did a soft reset and it disappeared.

But thanks for the explanation. Maybe that is why it is better to disconnect using * instead of just hanging up (at least with Sprint).
    I just did a soft reset and it disappeared.

But thanks for the explanation. Maybe that is why it is better to disconnect using * instead of just hanging up (at least with Sprint).
    Yep, you are right there. When your Treo turned back on, it sent a "Register" message with your cellular network. When it gets the register message, your cellular network pops your phone onto the network, then sends down any state information such as the voicemail indicator.
    There's an easy way to delete it without reseting. on the phone screen, go to the menu, and select Options, then Phone Preferences. then click on the "clear voicemail icon" button. Done deal!
    That deletes it in the phone application but not CallFilter. I tried that first before posting. BUT if I understand Vware's post, the reason it shows in CallFilter is the same reason it shows in the phone app. The Treo didn't get the message that the voicemail was deleted.
    Aww nuts! I was gonna purchase callfilter today with the discount code at Handango but the offer has expired! Shoot. Oh well, I guess this piece of programming genius deserves every cent of that $29.95. VWare, I'll shoot you an email about that fix for the bug you identified about blocking SMS pop-ups after I get the license. This program has brought me nothing but peace of mind, and I love it dearly!
    Well, Palmgear has a 25% discount if you buy two programs totaling at least $25. So find a cheapie (or freebie if that works) and you can still get 25% off.
    Well, Palmgear has a 25% discount if you buy two programs totaling at least $25. So find a cheapie (or freebie if that works) and you can still get 25% off.
    Yeah, and I used that to get Callfilter AND the netfreak pack (uninstall mgr and cleanup) which totalled $36.++! Not a bad deal, IMO Anyway, I'm a happy camper now, just looking forward to VWare giving SMS rules the MP3/WAV functionality
    Last edited by manilenio; 08/28/2004 at 04:08 PM.
  15.    #95  
    I read in another forum that VWare is releasing 1.21 this week. It's weeks worth of work incorporating feedback from forum members. Hopefully it will solve all ills-- though I loooove the program as is.

I wonder if he only plans to post it on www.mytreo.net or if it will be made generally available at Palmgear. Seems like most new releases for all the developers in the community are happening over there these days.
    you're gonna love what VWare has in store for the next release of callfilter! I don't even know if it's a secret, but it's a killer! If you seriously love your treo, you can't be without callfilter! It's worth the $29.95, all of it.
    Additionally, I noticed something while coming up with a rule for SMS. There's an option to "auto reply" and a field opens up underneath. What is this for, and how is this used?
    Additionally, I noticed something while coming up with a rule for SMS. There's an option to "auto reply" and a field opens up underneath. What is this for, and how is this used?

that field is for an 'auto reply' message - say you receive a message from a friend everyday such as 'Good Morning'. you can setup a rule that if you receive a message from a certain phone # with a certain text to auto reply with whatever you put in that field
    Quote Originally Posted by dpwaters
    that field is for an 'auto reply' message - say you receive a message from a friend everyday such as 'Good Morning'. you can setup a rule that if you receive a message from a certain phone # with a certain text to auto reply with whatever you put in that field
    I thought of that. However, it defaults to a number field instead of a text field. So I was confused. I was thinking it was for something else. Anyway, thanks for the heads up
    Tried it, didn't work. Has anyone tried the "auto reply" function? Can you give specific rules possible? Clarifications please? Thanks.