Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 80 of 193
  1. #61  
    Can someone clarify a few points regarding ringtones?

    Does CallFilter leave the playlist intact when using an .mp3 for a ringtone? (I listen to audio books on PocketTunes, and I've found it highly disruptive when using other ring tone apps, my playlist gets kicked out.)

    Can I associate specific ring tones with certain contacts?

    And is there a way that I can disable the ringtone feature, so that I can use CallFilter along with LightWav for ringtones?
  2. #62  
    Quote Originally Posted by neill
    Can someone clarify a few points regarding ringtones?

    Does CallFilter leave the playlist intact when using an .mp3 for a ringtone? (I listen to audio books on PocketTunes, and I've found it highly disruptive when using other ring tone apps, my playlist gets kicked out.)
    This is not due to CallFilter or any other ring app. PocketTunes has two modes of operation:

    a) Interrupt your Playlist and play a single MP3 (setting the MP3 to repeat is IMPOSSIBLE in this mode), and when done restore your playlist

    or

    b) Create a new playlist and play an MP3 (setting an MP3 to Repeat IS possible in this mode), but dont restore your original playlist

    Because of this limitation, I picked option B. Its a tough choise because either way people might complain...some people will complain that I am interrupting their playlist if i go one way, while others may complain that that their MP3 is not repeating if I go the other way. Most of the feedback was pushing me to implement option B, so that was the one I picked.

    I have recently started a discussion with Normsoft about this issue, so who knows, maybe a future version of PocketTunes will have the ability to keep the playlist AND repeat an mp3.

    Quote Originally Posted by neill
    Can I associate specific ring tones with certain contacts?
    Yes

    Quote Originally Posted by neill
    And is there a way that I can disable the ringtone feature, so that I can use CallFilter along with LightWav for ringtones?
    Yes, you can use CallFilter with Lightwav, or whatever else. Just dont associate a ringtone with the contact or phone number, and it will default to whatever else might be on your treo that can do ringtones.
  3. #63  
    Could you please link me to a manual, or tell me how to associate a specific tone to a contact? I may be looking at the wrong tab (the one that specifies default ring tone).
  4. #64  
    What is the most efficient way to suppress all sms pop ups?
  5. #65  
    Quote Originally Posted by neill
    Could you please link me to a manual, or tell me how to associate a specific tone to a contact? I may be looking at the wrong tab (the one that specifies default ring tone).
    Click on "Add new Rule'
    If: Phone call Is Received
    From a: CONTACT (pick this from the dropdown)
    Matching: click the Dropdown to Pick a Contact
    Then: Ring As Normal (pick from dropdown)
    The Ring Settings Button will appear...
    Click that Button....and you can assign Ringtones to that contact, pictures, select an extended info screen, etc.
  6. #66  
    Quote Originally Posted by dutchtrumpet
    What is the most efficient way to suppress all sms pop ups?
    The best way is to use two rules as follows:

    If SMS is Received
    From a PHONE NUMBER:
    Matching: *
    and Text: *
    Then: Prevent SMS Popup

    If SMS is Received
    From a EMAIL ADDRESS:
    Matching: *
    and Text: *
    Then: Prevent SMS Popup
  7. #67  
    Quote Originally Posted by VWare
    The best way is to use two rules as follows:

    If SMS is Received
    From a PHONE NUMBER:
    Matching: *
    and Text: *
    Then: Prevent SMS Popup

    If SMS is Received
    From a EMAIL ADDRESS:
    Matching: *
    and Text: *
    Then: Prevent SMS Popup
    i've tried this and it stills doesn't block that 2nd alert from the sms application. if someone sends me a sms, callfilter prevents the sms popup but because I didn't acknowledge or read the sms, the sms applications or sprint sends the message again and callfilter lets it through.

    try this:
    1. set up the rules as stated above
    2. have someone send you a sms
    3. notice that callfilter prevents the popup
    4. DON'T GO INTO THE SMS APPLICATION TO READ THE SMS.
    5. wait about 5 minutes and you'll get the sms again but this time the popup is not blocked by callfilter.

    please advise.
  8. #68  
    Quote Originally Posted by dpwaters
    i've tried this and it stills doesn't block that 2nd alert from the sms application. if someone sends me a sms, callfilter prevents the sms popup but because I didn't acknowledge or read the sms, the sms applications or sprint sends the message again and callfilter lets it through.

    try this:
    1. set up the rules as stated above
    2. have someone send you a sms
    3. notice that callfilter prevents the popup
    4. DON'T GO INTO THE SMS APPLICATION TO READ THE SMS.
    5. wait about 5 minutes and you'll get the sms again but this time the popup is not blocked by callfilter.

    please advise.
    I have the same issue. I get Yahoo news alerts. thae callfilter says they are blocked but they aren't. Is it possible to add a feature in a future release to have "default sms handling" like the default ring tone. I'd love to set all pop ups suppressed by default and create exception rules accordingly.

    thanks!
  9. #69  
    I've had the same issues with SMS block as well as several soft resets when turning on the log info after call feature. Callfilter is a great app but still a little to green for me to rely on.
    <body bgcolor="#ffffff">
    <p><font size="-2" color="#4684ff" face="Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular"><b>imageone</b></font><font size="-2" face="Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular"> &#x2022; current - <b>PowerBook G4 - Mac OS X - white iPod video 60GB - Treo 650 - 700p (Sprint)<br>
    </b></font><font size="-2" face="Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular">retired - Visor Deluxe - Visor Prism - Kyocera 6035 - Treo 300 - Treo 600 - Blackberry 7250</font></p>
    </body>
  10. #70  
    Quote Originally Posted by imageone
    I've had the same issues with SMS block as well as several soft resets when turning on the log info after call feature. Callfilter is a great app but still a little to green for me to rely on.
    Soft reset issue was fixed a couple days after that final beta release... I have been letting people email me for updates till I post the next release.

    If you have problems, please feel free to email me at callfiltersupport AT velocityware.com. CallFilter and any app like this has to do MANY things that are undocumented in order to make this stuff all work. Thats why it takes so much work for me to write.

    If you are having soft resets I would LOVE to deal with you because as everyone knows I hate softresets. So I kinda go nuts and make that my top priority if I become aware of such a thing. Its also helpful for me to communicate with you if you have problems cuz its easier to deal with application conflicts that way. For example, There was an issue with 2day and Takephone that we learned about on Thursday, and fixed already.
  11. #71  
    Quote Originally Posted by dutchtrumpet
    I have the same issue. I get Yahoo news alerts. thae callfilter says they are blocked but they aren't. Is it possible to add a feature in a future release to have "default sms handling" like the default ring tone. I'd love to set all pop ups suppressed by default and create exception rules accordingly.

    thanks!
    To be honest, I didnt even THINK of "default SMS handling". Its a good point! I am adding it to the future features list.


    Oh, btw, that SMS coming back issue is taken care of. The reason CallFilter didnt filter it was because for some reason, on occation the Treo would take my response to the SMS popup as a "snooze"! So, it would come back in 5 mins or so. Anyway, thats all fixed. If you want an update, just email me at callfiltersupport AT velocityware.com

    I am gonna post a general update in a day or two that fixes any major bugs that I am aware of.
  12. #72  
    Quote Originally Posted by dpwaters
    i've tried this and it stills doesn't block that 2nd alert from the sms application. if someone sends me a sms, callfilter prevents the sms popup but because I didn't acknowledge or read the sms, the sms applications or sprint sends the message again and callfilter lets it through.

    try this:
    1. set up the rules as stated above
    2. have someone send you a sms
    3. notice that callfilter prevents the popup
    4. DON'T GO INTO THE SMS APPLICATION TO READ THE SMS.
    5. wait about 5 minutes and you'll get the sms again but this time the popup is not blocked by callfilter.

    please advise.
    This is all fixed. If you want an update email me at callfiltersupport AT velocityware.com. I am gonna post a general update in a day or two also so everyone has it. I just want to knock off a couple more issues off of my todo list before I release it.
  13. #73  
    The 15:41:35 build is doing very well. No resets and it is answering like it should. Ben
  14. #74  
    VWare, I have had a couple of instances of soft resets, same instance. Have set to have any incoming call between 7am and 7pm ring as normal and announce number. One time I was testing and called the phone, rings and then announces number, soft resets at the end.

    Just recently, the same happened on in incoming call, went to try and answer and soft reset. Both say that Phone app was the error, but this is likely due to callfilter interaction with Phone app.
  15. #75  
    Quote Originally Posted by alphanstein
    VWare, I have had a couple of instances of soft resets, same instance. Have set to have any incoming call between 7am and 7pm ring as normal and announce number. One time I was testing and called the phone, rings and then announces number, soft resets at the end.

    Just recently, the same happened on in incoming call, went to try and answer and soft reset. Both say that Phone app was the error, but this is likely due to callfilter interaction with Phone app.
    no problem. just email me at callfiltersupport AT velocityware.com, and I will shoot you off the copy that has that soft reset thing fixed.
  16. #76  
    Quote Originally Posted by VWare
    If you are having soft resets I would LOVE to deal with you because as everyone knows I hate softresets. So I kinda go nuts and make that my top priority if I become aware of such a thing. Its also helpful for me to communicate with you if you have problems cuz its easier to deal with application conflicts that way. For example, There was an issue with 2day and Takephone that we learned about on Thursday, and fixed already.
    I had a soft reset when I received a call saturday morning, but unfortunately, I can't really help pinpoint *why* it reset, other than I think CallFilter was the cause. I'd be happy to help troubleshoot if I could help, though!

    After the soft reset, it stopped playing mp3s for incoming calls, btw. That is to say, it didn't play the mp3 the next incoming call and I got the old midi file instead. Not sure if that's intentional upon reset or a symptom? I've been having problems the last few days with dropped calls and not being able to disconnect from the network (VZW), too, so I removed callfilter to troubleshoot. (I seriously doubt CallFilter is the cause, but it was the last thing I installed.) I'd like to put it back on, but I'm starting to wonder whether or not it's worth $30 for me for a fancy ringtone Eh, who am I kidding, I'm a geek for the stuff! FYI, I couldn't get lightwav to work either; it played my SMS ringtone once out of about 12 tries (yes, I'd checked "enable"!) and it never did play the incoming call mp3.
  17. #77  
    Quote Originally Posted by VWare
    Soft reset issue was fixed a couple days after that final beta release... I have been letting people email me for updates till I post the next release.

    If you have problems, please feel free to email me at callfiltersupport AT velocityware.com. CallFilter and any app like this has to do MANY things that are undocumented in order to make this stuff all work. Thats why it takes so much work for me to write.

    If you are having soft resets I would LOVE to deal with you because as everyone knows I hate softresets. So I kinda go nuts and make that my top priority if I become aware of such a thing. Its also helpful for me to communicate with you if you have problems cuz its easier to deal with application conflicts that way. For example, There was an issue with 2day and Takephone that we learned about on Thursday, and fixed already.
    Thanks I'll give the final beta a shot. Great app!!
    <body bgcolor="#ffffff">
    <p><font size="-2" color="#4684ff" face="Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular"><b>imageone</b></font><font size="-2" face="Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular"> &#x2022; current - <b>PowerBook G4 - Mac OS X - white iPod video 60GB - Treo 650 - 700p (Sprint)<br>
    </b></font><font size="-2" face="Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular">retired - Visor Deluxe - Visor Prism - Kyocera 6035 - Treo 300 - Treo 600 - Blackberry 7250</font></p>
    </body>
  18. #78  
    Quote Originally Posted by VWare
    no problem. just email me at callfiltersupport AT velocityware.com, and I will shoot you off the copy that has that soft reset thing fixed.
    I can wait until your next release, but thanks for the offer. I was just updating you on what I experienced.
  19. #79  
    I'm currently on my 2nd day of trying callfilter 1.2 and I'm impressed, it's actually working! I'm just kinda miffed coz I like how ringo can assign a ring tone AND an SMS tone to a contact. I wish call filter had that too, as well as the ability to actually assign an mp3 or wave file for SMS. As it stands, I'm looking at keeping both ringo AND callfilter... Or, I could try callshield pro after the trial for callfilter expires. The announce feature is sooo cool! It's hysterical! VWare, I'll pay the full $30 if you could just give SMS the option of mp3 or wave... PLEASE!!!
  20. #80  
    Oh, by the way, noticed some funny things going on. I set-up a rule to hide pop-up for SMS coming from people not in my contact list, but it still popped-up occasionally. Also, it still played the sms tone... Was that supposed to happen? I have a GSM unlocked international version that's officially updated.
Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions