Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 193
  1.    #41  
    On a scale of 1 through 10, CallFilter is an 11. Unbelievable program.
  2. #42  
    If anyone else runs into the problem I described in #40 with CF not recognizing all of your MP3s, its most likely your AUDIO file on your card. Just delete your file and create a new one and it should work. Worked through it with VWare and I'm up and running. Great program!
  3. SoCal Cal's Avatar
    Posts
    29 Posts
    Global Posts
    33 Global Posts
    #43  
    Am I having a conflict with some other software or does the phone vibrate when a rule is set to "Ring As Normal"? Am I supposed to change the settings for the normal phone ring? It doesn't vibrate when I have it set to "Announce Number" and not sure about "Play MP3/Wav File" as I have none on my card, but it definitely does a short burst of vibrates when set to "Play MIDI File". I've ensured that "Short vibrate when action is taken" is NOT checked, but it still vibrates. Any ideas? Thanks.
  4. #44  
    Quote Originally Posted by Treo_Addict_Tex
    On a scale of 1 through 10, CallFilter is an 11. Unbelievable program.
    The Price pretty much kills it for me though.
    Even if I use every last feature of that software it's not worth $30.

    It certainly doesn't add much to Callshield, which is already paid for.
  5. #45  
    Quote Originally Posted by Primate
    The Price pretty much kills it for me though.
    Even if I use every last feature of that software it's not worth $30.

    It certainly doesn't add much to Callshield, which is already paid for.
    If you have already bought another competing product you may not want to spend any money at all on this one. However, if you haven't and you are going to use most of these features, I think it's worth $30. Even if it's not worth $30 to you, how about $23?

    Handango code from the TC front page:
    25% off $25 purchase, use code NEWSITE25
  6. #46  
    That certainly makes it much more reasonable, but it's still pricey when compared to competitors offerings.
    This was the one thing that kept me from getting it instead when I got Callshield.
    If there had been a special like this I probably would have gotten it instead, but there wasn't.
    Makes you wonder how many more sales he would make if his product was priced more competitively.
  7. #47  
    I can see one fun feature that CallFilter would give me -- if I send a SMS to my phone, have it play the loudest WAV/MIDI file that it can for 1 minute. This would be great for those mad-rush "where the hell did I leave my phone?" mornings....

    Anyone know of a Palm app that can simply play a sound once it's launched? I could have CallFilter simply launch that app in response to the SMS.
    Toomer
  8. #48  
    The game Chainz by Astraware comes to mind. Kind of catchy tune and very loud. Won't stop music until you exit game either.
  9.    #49  
    I think CallFilter is worth $50 to me.

    The way I see it, the Jabra patch alone is worth $30 if you want a blue tooth headset. Also you get Lightwav functionality worth $20, plus Buzzoff or CallShield functionality worth $15, plus CallNotes functionality worth $10.

    But the truth of the matter is, no matter how much you add up the value above the $23 price on Handango, the interaction with Profiles 0.18 is ingenius.

    I owned CallShield (which is not bad) and Lightwav (which is not bad but buggy), and I will never go back....Robert is innovating too quickly, and the upgrades are all FREE!!!
  10. #50  
    Quote Originally Posted by Treo_Addict_Tex
    I think CallFilter is worth $50 to me.

    The way I see it, the Jabra patch alone is worth $30 if you want a blue tooth headset. Also you get Lightwav functionality worth $20, plus Buzzoff or CallShield functionality worth $15, plus CallNotes functionality worth $10.

    But the truth of the matter is, no matter how much you add up the value above the $23 price on Handango, the interaction with Profiles 0.18 is ingenius.

    I owned CallShield (which is not bad) and Lightwav (which is not bad but buggy), and I will never go back....Robert is innovating too quickly, and the upgrades are all FREE!!!
    Not all free. I believe he has said only 1.X version upgrades will be free. IMO, for $30, they should all be free. I have been using it for a while and I like the program a lot, but the probability of paying for an upgrade when I spent $30 on it already is ridiculous.
  11. #51  
    Call forwarding doesn't work correctly after a soft reset when the phone is plugged in (CDMA). Phone status shows that forwarding is not enabled after the reset. I unplug from the charger and it still shows the forwarding is not enabled, but in reality it is. I have to plug in and unplug again to disable call forwarding. Had an issue like this with FastForward but he seems to have fixed it.
  12. #52  
    Quote Originally Posted by lb505
    Not all free. I believe he has said only 1.X version upgrades will be free. IMO, for $30, they should all be free. I have been using it for a while and I like the program a lot, but the probability of paying for an upgrade when I spent $30 on it already is ridiculous.
    Easy solution.

    Does upgrade offer new features?
    if "yes" are said new features worth upgrade price of $X for you?
    if "yes" purchase upgrade
    if "no" do not purchase upgrade and continue using product with which you are currently satisfied.

    If he works and develops/creates a new level of his product, why should he give it away? I submit he should not and the marketplace will offer a verdict on the soundness of his business practice.

    My opinion.
  13. #53  
    Quote Originally Posted by dutchtrumpet
    Easy solution.

    Does upgrade offer new features?
    if "yes" are said new features worth upgrade price of $X for you?
    if "yes" purchase upgrade
    if "no" do not purchase upgrade and continue using product with which you are currently satisfied.

    If he works and develops/creates a new level of his product, why should he give it away? I submit he should not and the marketplace will offer a verdict on the soundness of his business practice.

    My opinion.
    Fair enough, I look at things in a some what similar way. It seems counter intuitive, but I think that sometimes it's actually in our best interests if a developer charges for an upgrade. After all, without an upgrade fee, what's the incentive for a developer to continually improve on their product. Unless it's a labor of love (and sometimes even if it is), the developer will just develop a new product that they can charge for.
  14. #54  
    I have activated the "Save call history in contact notes" and the "Save Daily log" features. I then noticed that I was getting erroneous entries in both places. So I turned the "daily log" off (I really only care about the other feature) but the weird entries still appear. Here is a sample:

    < 08/19/04 | 19:30 | 17433m 35s
    < 08/19/04 | 18:57 | 17466m 11s
    < 08/19/04 | 18:46 | 001m 00s
    < 08/19/04 | 18:14 | 17454m 40s
    < 08/19/04 | 17:58 | 17471m 36s
    < 08/19/04 | 17:52 | 000m 43s
    > 08/19/04 | 16:40 | 000m 44s
    > 08/19/04 | 16:32 | 001m 12s

    Note the call lengths... I sure hope that's not true, or Sprint is gonna need to come up with some new plans...
  15. #55  
    This is one outstanding program.
    A must have just got better!
    Jim@treo1.com
    <a href="http://treo1.com">
    treo1.com
    One Stop, plain and simple
    <a href="http://treo1.com/index650.htm"> Visit our new Treo650 optimized site!!</a>
    <a href="http://palmoscentral.com"> Visit our new website palmOSCentral.com!</a>
  16. #56  
    Quote Originally Posted by dtoombs
    I can see one fun feature that CallFilter would give me -- if I send a SMS to my phone, have it play the loudest WAV/MIDI file that it can for 1 minute. This would be great for those mad-rush "where the hell did I leave my phone?" mornings....

    Anyone know of a Palm app that can simply play a sound once it's launched? I could have CallFilter simply launch that app in response to the SMS.
    Or you could simply keep calling your Treo.
  17. #57  
    Quote Originally Posted by dudemasicus
    I have activated the "Save call history in contact notes" and the "Save Daily log" features. I then noticed that I was getting erroneous entries in both places. So I turned the "daily log" off (I really only care about the other feature) but the weird entries still appear. Here is a sample:

    < 08/19/04 | 19:30 | 17433m 35s
    < 08/19/04 | 18:57 | 17466m 11s
    < 08/19/04 | 18:46 | 001m 00s
    < 08/19/04 | 18:14 | 17454m 40s
    < 08/19/04 | 17:58 | 17471m 36s
    < 08/19/04 | 17:52 | 000m 43s
    > 08/19/04 | 16:40 | 000m 44s
    > 08/19/04 | 16:32 | 001m 12s

    Note the call lengths... I sure hope that's not true, or Sprint is gonna need to come up with some new plans...
    Hey there! Thats that crazy bug with sprint phones I have been talking about. The sprint phones seem to randomly send "Conversation disconnected" messages to programs even when there is no conversation!!!!!!! Crazy. anyway....I added some logic to filter out most of those events that are invalid.

    I havent posted it yet, but if you are using a CDMA phone, and have this problem, just email me at callfiltersupport AT velocityware.com, and I will be glad to send you the current version that deals with that issue.
  18. #58  
    Quote Originally Posted by lb505
    Not all free. I believe he has said only 1.X version upgrades will be free. IMO, for $30, they should all be free. I have been using it for a while and I like the program a lot, but the probability of paying for an upgrade when I spent $30 on it already is ridiculous.
    Here are my thoughts.....
    I put enough new stuff in 1.2 that I SHOULD have called it 2.0..maybe even 3.0! BUT, I wanted EVERYONE to get free upgrades so I just called it 1.2.

    I like getting free upgrades, and I want to give them to people also. Right now I dont have any intent on switching to a 2.0 anytime soon.... (there are a lot of version numbers I can use in between there ).

    What is my main motivation for working on callfilter!? I LOVE MY TREO 600! And to be honest....some of the incredibly kind words people have emailed me regarding CallFilter means a million times more to me than some license or upgrade fee.
  19. #59  
    Robert, during today's routine, it crashed twice and each time it pointed toward HanDbase. I sent a note to them, you and to Shimon. Ben
  20. #60  
    Someone should do a new side by side feature comparison of the three apps out there in this class. I think CallFilter would do amazingly well, especially at $23 with the Handango discount code floating around.


    Cheers
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions