Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 193
  1. #21  
    Quote Originally Posted by bclinger
    The profiles thing has caused me serious problems in the past. What profiles program do you consider stable or robust enough to provide reliable profile control. At one stage or another, Profile Manager, ProFeo 600 and Profiler have each caused me a bit of difficulty. Recommend the one to go with and I will give that function another try.

    I noted and played with the "note" feature and yes it is nice, though not a smashing reason to change. The logging feature being in view is nice compared to having to execute multiple taps in Call Shield.

    As for calling out the phone number, my day time environment is often too noisy and frankly, I consider that not to be an important feature. Nice but not important. I can see what I want much faster than hear what I want and do so without bothering the person I may be next to, talking to, et cetera.

    I did not mention cost because that is not the big factor for me. For my purposes it does not have enough over Call Shield to warrant a change. Had I initially been more impressed with Call Filter 1.1 versus Call Shield Pro, then sure, an upgrade to 1.2 would be an excellent step. Now it would be nice step, not a required step. I frankly thought there would be more to this release then I noticed. Not a bad app, just not a necessary upgrade or change for me. Ben

    I think bclinger sums it up beautifully. Though, with that JABRA Bluetooth feature, it does merit a second look.
    We have enough youth, how about a fountain of smart?
  2. #22  
    Quote Originally Posted by lb505
    It doesn't appear that the call announce volume is variable with the ring volume. Has anyone been able to change the call announce volume?
    I was wondering the same thing. Love it so far though.
  3. #23  
    The auto answer feature will be great when I am in the car listening to Audible. I've programmed my kids' phone numbers in so their calls will be automatically answered when I have my 'Audible' profile running.
  4. #24  
    Quote Originally Posted by ThirdType
    I wonder if he/she will pay now?
    I highly doubt it
    Cell Phone History: Sanyo 6200, Sanyo 4900, Sanyo 5300, Treo 600 and now the Treo 650.
  5. #25  
    Quote Originally Posted by dudemasicus
    There is a little check-box in the preferences to fix the Jabra Freespeak functionality? is this for real? (i'm out of town and don't have mine)

    if that's the case, then it's worth $30 just for that!!!
    Yes...its real! Without CallFilter, the Jabra Freespeak BT200 has a problem where if you press the button, it answer a call, but imediately hang up on the person.

    With CallFilter, you can answer the call....and the FreeSpeak works exactly as it was originally designed to. No wierd hangups or anything.
  6. #26  
    does it allow for mp3 SMS? and wav for ringtone? can you set a different mp3/wav fir each contact? i was just about to buy lightwav but maybe this is better thanks for your help
    Nokia 3210 > Nokia 3310 >Palm Vx > Palm M105 >Treo 180g and Nokia 8850 > Treo 270 > Treo 600 > Sony TH55 > Tapwave Zodiac 2 > Treo 650 GSM > Imate KJam > Treo 750v

    Formerly Known As PRANKSTAR
  7. #27  
    No mp3 SMS
    Yes to wav ringers
    Yes to individual mp3/wav ringers

    If those were the only things you wanted, you might want to buy Lightwav because it is a lot cheaper and its focus is alarms and ringtones. CallFilter does a lot more with incoming call and sms filtering.
  8. #28  
    It does not do mp3/wav for SMS, but vmware says that will be added shortly. It does do things per contact though. You can use Butler (if you have that) to get SMS MP3 tones for the reminder alert. I setup SMS to only vibrate on the initial alert, then 40 seconds later Butler plays an MP3 and vibrates.
    "Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music." -Kristian Wilson, Nintendo, 1989
  9. #29  
    ok..now i'm miffed. i've been waiting forever (ahem, slight exageration) for the fabled 1.2, and now i find it's only available (even for demo) at mytreo.net (why not here?!) and the blinkers at mytreo won't let me register so i can download the freakin' software. ::howwwwwwwwl:: (yes, my email was valid...i just never got the registration email to activate my account).

    how can a get a copy to try before i buy!?!
  10. Fittske's Avatar
    Posts
    607 Posts
    Global Posts
    611 Global Posts
    #30  
    Quote Originally Posted by VWare
    Yes...its real! Without CallFilter, the Jabra Freespeak BT200 has a problem where if you press the button, it answer a call, but imediately hang up on the person.

    With CallFilter, you can answer the call....and the FreeSpeak works exactly as it was originally designed to. No wierd hangups or anything.
    Yes this is one feature that truely blows the doors off the comp! I have been using/testing this feature for quite some time now, and it has not let me down not one time! It works like advertised! Great job VWare and keep up the wonderful work!
    "When Palm announced today that its new smartphone would run an operating system from Microsoft, it was the equivalent of Coca-Cola agreeing to fill its bottles with Pepsi." ~David M. Ewalt, Forbes Magazine
    ----------------------------------------------------
    My Phone history.....
  11. #31  
    VWare said: "Yes...its real! Without CallFilter, the Jabra Freespeak BT200 has a problem where if you press the button, it answer a call, but imediately hang up on the person.

    With CallFilter, you can answer the call....and the FreeSpeak works exactly as it was originally designed to. No wierd hangups or anything."
    ===========

    I'm a bit confused here. I thought the Treo 600 was BueTooth-challenged, not programmed or hardware-ready to use this technology. Does the new Callfilter change this?
    "This space intentionally left blank."
  12. #32  
    catlook,

    If you email me at rosenft@mytreo.net, I would be happy to activate your account and make sure you get a copy of the program.

    Cheers
  13. #33  
    Quote Originally Posted by write1here
    VWare said: "Yes...its real! Without CallFilter, the Jabra Freespeak BT200 has a problem where if you press the button, it answer a call, but imediately hang up on the person.

    With CallFilter, you can answer the call....and the FreeSpeak works exactly as it was originally designed to. No wierd hangups or anything."
    ===========

    I'm a bit confused here. I thought the Treo 600 was BueTooth-challenged, not programmed or hardware-ready to use this technology. Does the new Callfilter change this?
    The Jabra Freespeak for non-bluetooth phones has a bluetooth transmitter which plugs in the Treo's headset jack. Thus making the Treo Bluetooth enabled.
  14. #34  
    In the last post fishnetb wrote: "The Jabra Freespeak for non-bluetooth phones has a bluetooth transmitter which plugs in the Treo's headset jack. Thus making the Treo Bluetooth enabled."

    Has anyone tried this arrangement with the Jabra and the transmitter for non-Bluetooth phones? It strikes me as clunky...perhaps I'm wrong. Anyone out there now using this equipment and finding it acceptable?
    "This space intentionally left blank."
  15. #35  
    Yea, it's a little clunky. The transmitter has a clip on it so that you can attach it to your belt, presumably right next to your Treo 600 which is also clipped to your belt. This works well now that the Freespeak and answer and end a call, as it was designed to do.
  16. #36  
    is there any known conflicting software issues? i loaded it on my treo and when i set up rules for mp3 for ringtone it resets my phone and the rule dissappears?
  17. #37  
    Neat feature set. I like the call notes. But I found a funny thing today. I was talking to my wife and she is in my contact list. Someone called that has a blocked caller id and I could hear the ringer but I could not switch to the call. Odd.

    This was my favorite though. I had 2 blocked caller ID people calling at the same time. I answered one, but couldn't get to the second because of the problem above I assume. However the ringer just kept ringing, even after I hung up. I had to hard reset. Great fun.

    Derek
  18. #38  
    Jabra BT200 answer end function works, I just downloaded and tried it. Happily, I purchased callfilter on Handango because it is on sale, 25% off at Handango with NEWSITE25 code. I got the 1.1 version there to get the reg code on sale. Then downloaded the 1.2 version from mytreo.net. Be sure to delete the old version of Call filter, synch, then add 1.2 and resynch, then enter your 1.1 reg code and you will be good like me :-). Now I am really happy, thanks for the heads up and hope my tip helps a few of you out in return.
  19. #39  
    Quote Originally Posted by alphanstein
    Jabra BT200 answer end function works, I just downloaded and tried it. Happily, I purchased callfilter on Handango because it is on sale, 25% off at Handango with NEWSITE25 code. I got the 1.1 version there to get the reg code on sale. Then downloaded the 1.2 version from mytreo.net. Be sure to delete the old version of Call filter, synch, then add 1.2 and resynch, then enter your 1.1 reg code and you will be good like me :-). Now I am really happy, thanks for the heads up and hope my tip helps a few of you out in return.

    Someone at Handango must be paying attention to mytreo.net! Great find.



    Cheers
  20. #40  
    I can't get CF to recognize all the MP3s on my SD card. It randomly picks 40 or so of the 70 as options for me. I had the same problem with v1.1 and Vware confirmed it was a CF problem but its still happening in v1.2. Anyone else experiencing this? I've used 2 different SD cards with the same results.
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions