View Poll Results: Are You Dependant of the Speed Dial?!

Voters
52. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes! I'm lost without Speed-Dial or my contacts info!

48 92.31%
  • Nah..not a crisis for me..I remember everyone's phone number

4 7.69%
  • What is a speed-dial or contacts book?!

0 0%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Ok people..raise your hands if you are completely dependant of the Speed dial to call your people.

I for one can't remember most of the phone numbers.
    And would be totally lost if I misplace my cell (and am not at home to check my contacts in my comp) because speed-dial is the way to go for me!
    Jojo, I am totally dependent on it. And all the numbers we have to remember these days, all the frequent flier numbers, hotel loyalty programs, access codes, geesh it is amazing...
    I can't even call my mom without using the Treo's memory.
    "Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music." -Kristian Wilson, Nintendo, 1989
  4.    #4  
    Hehe...me neither...it's shamefull
    mom.........wait one.......I have to look it up.
    Ancient_One
    Blood and Honour
    (Those who live in the dark shall meet the light and all shall die by my hand.)

(Device:Palm Pilot>Handspring Deluxe>Handspring Treo 270>Sony Clie NX60U>PalmOne Treo 600)
    (Beta Tester:Pocketdimension 2 / Quirl / PalmMAME / Seven Email Client)

I need it to find my own number

john
    Since I don't call my self, I don' t really remember my cell#. Yes, contact info is important to have.
    I'm not really dependent. I could quit any time I wanted to...
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by DHAnderson
    I'm not really dependent. I could quit any time I wanted to...
    Funny...I don't see any votes for the second option...
    Quote Originally Posted by ronbo2000
    Since I don't call my self, I don' t really remember my cell#. Yes, contact info is important to have.

For the longest time, I didn't remember my numbers. Now I do, for the most part.

My mom changed her number and didnt give it to me, you think she is trying to tell me something.
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
    I was thinking about this too. I was like if I was ever in an accident and lost my treo I wouldn't be able to call anyone. Not even my fiance! I call her everyday but from my speed dial. Scary huh?
    Along these same lines, I absolutely HATE the way speed-dial is set up (or not set up) via favorites.

There needs to be a REAL speed dial built into the phone.
    I think you need to differentiate btw favorites (what most people would think of as 'speed dial', and what I initially thought this thread was about) and dialing via contact lookup.

So - maybe a poll that says:
    % of time you dial via one of the 50 favorites slots
    % of time you dial via contact lookup

(I know that I NEVER dial via someone's phone number, even when I know it, like my parents. Sure I could enter all 11 digits, but why - it's so much easier and intuitive to just mash two or three letters, and then hit the center nav).

I think this dialing issue of names vs numbers is one of the main things that Jeff H and crew at Handspring were trying to go for when they designed the interface. I think it's brilliant.
    I use the phone book more than any other phone dialing option for the Treo. There are a few numbers that I have memorized, but I still use the phone book, just used to it I guess. Not much of a speed dial user, but I wouldn't know what to do without my phonebook. It holds all the information I need to contact anyone, anyhow. Home phone, work, cellular, email, address', It's great!
    Hehe, shamefully I am very dependant on speed dial as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by rjmoose
    Along these same lines, I absolutely HATE the way speed-dial is set up (or not set up) via favorites.

There needs to be a REAL speed dial built into the phone.
    What is a REAL speed dial by your definition?
    I press and hold down my own preassigned letter if I want to call work or another preassigned letter for home.
    Press and hold down #1-#99 on the ACTUAL dial-pad on the screen. I guess I just got used to that because I migrated from the Samsung I500 and I330
  18.    #18  
    Gosh..that number thing didn't work for me at all.
    I could hardly remember what numbers I assigned to most people past 9.
    I much prefer the letter thing.
    I assigned the first letter of a person name to speed dial it...sometimes I run into having two people with the same letter in which case I then use the first letter of their last name.

I have speed-dial for the people I frequently call (like everyone else) and Contact5 for the people that I call just regularly.

Quote Originally Posted by nrosser
    I think you need to differentiate btw favorites (what most people would think of as 'speed dial', and what I initially thought this thread was about) and dialing...
    Most people use either or and so that's the reason I included both in the same option. Anything that enables you to dial your numbers faster than manual input is speed-dial.

However, you are more than welcome in posting a poll about the 50 favs and the contacs
    I used to be proud of knowing virtually everyone's number, before I got a mobile. Got my first mobile in, err, '97 I think. Now I only know about three or four number.
    Animo et Fide
    I've got several hundred people on my contacts- being able to just browse and click is really spoiling me!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast