1.    #1  
    Hi all,

I have this weird problem with my Treo 600:

- When the Treo 600 radio is off, the battery icon shows as plugged in even if it is not plugged in.

- If I try to turn on the Treo 600 radio while the device is unplugged, I get the message "Not enough power to turn on wireless mode" even if the device is fully charged. The radio button then doesnt do anything else until I do a soft reset. Then I can attempt to turn the radio on again but will get the same error message.

- If I plug in the Treo power cable and then turn on the radio, then it works fine and I get a GSM connection. I can then unplug the phone and use it normally. Then when unpluged from the cable, the battery icon doesnt show as plugged in anymore as it did when the radio was off.

- Often doing a soft-reset (like after having tried to turn on the radio without having the Treo plugged in), the device will do a hard reset instead.

Anybody have experienced this? I've tried to reflash the latest rom, battery-reset the Treo, etc but no help. I'm starting to think that I have to send it in for repairs.
    Better send it for replacement. Looks like you have some problem in its internal charging circuit.

Do you know if you added a new software that could have caused this problem? Any chance that the phone might have dropped?
    Yep..as I was reading your post, that was the only advice brewing in my head...replacement!
    You have a faulty Treo.
  4.    #4  
    ah thanks for the advice, will try to locate my purchase receipt and see if it's still under warranty (was purchased this February).

It's not caused by software. I was writing an email while on holidays and suddenly Treo froze which was weird. When I soft-reset it actually did a hard reset. It took a while before I extrapolated the correct symptoms.
    All Treos are still under Warranty.
    Palm1 gives you one year Warranty and they first came out in Octuber of 2003.
    So don't let anyone else tell you otherwise
    Good luck
    If you can't get it replaced under warranty, then your best option is to open the Treo and unplug the battery wire with care. Plug it back in without damaging the pins and then you have a good chance of being in business again.
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by Mol
    If you can't get it replaced under warranty, then your best option is to open the Treo and unplug the battery wire with care. Plug it back in without damaging the pins and then you have a good chance of being in business again.
    eheh did that but same thing. Actually since I was at the beach when this happened I thought sand had gone inside but it was clean as a mountain lake.