1.    #1  
    Can someone who has used Card Export II answer this question:

Can you connect to ANY machine as a flash drive just by using a USB cable or does this only work with a machine you synch with?

Thanks.
    I can't say from experience, but I don't see why you couldn't connect to any machine that has the appropriate os. It just acts like another drive when you connect. I don't think it has anything to do with where you sync. I like it.
  3.    #3  
    Thanks ido.

Do you also have an opinion as to whether copying files to an SD card using Card Export II is as fast as using a Card Reader device to write to the SD card?
    u should be able to use it with any pc. it doesn't need the hotsync software.

it isn't as fast as a card reader.
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
    Well I have been using Missing Sync 4 (for the Mac) and it comes with a .prc file like Card Export II and I have been using it for a short while. Once I saw this program, I was amazed at how fast it was compared to Missing Syncs program. I have not tested the speed difference between a card reader and Card Export II
    Ok, did a quick test and I since I have a USB 2.0 card reader this test is really not fare but reading the content of the SD card through the card reader took 15 sec. but through CardExport II it took 3 min. and 15 sec. for the same amount of data. Keep in mind that the Treo 600 is connecting to your desktop through USB 1.1 only. I think a better test would be to have someone test the speed difference using a USB 1.1 card reader.

By the way, the content of my SD card was 49.2mb and I have the SanDisk Ultra II 512 MB card.
    I have test XP and 2000 machines. On the XP machines I have to connect, hit the Card Export "disconnect" button, then reconnect. For some reason XP isn't connected correctly the first time.

On 2000, a driver is loaded on the desktop, then it has to reboot.

Card Export II isn't as user friendly as a real USB drive, but with these work arounds it does OK.
    Quote Originally Posted by ddeger
    I have test XP and 2000 machines. On the XP machines I have to connect, hit the Card Export "disconnect" button, then reconnect. For some reason XP isn't connected correctly the first time.

On 2000, a driver is loaded on the desktop, then it has to reboot.

Card Export II isn't as user friendly as a real USB drive, but with these work arounds it does OK.
    Im using it on XP Pro. I hit connect and it connects within 5 seconds the first time. Transfer rates are pretty good. I used to use a card reader to import MP3 to the card, now this app makes it possible to leave the chip in the phone. I recommend it HIGHLY !!!
    Click for Free iPod Nano or better. - really works!
  9.    #9  
    Thanks for everybody's efforts and input, I bought Card Export II tonight.

It's this spirit of helpfulness that makes this a great community and part of the pleasure in using my Treo.