1.    #1  
    Any users of this program? I have D/L'd the demo and the Treo600 resets itself when you move from hole 9 to hole 10 and from hole 1 backwards to hole 18. The middle holes are never available. I know they are there but just can't get to them. I think there may be some incompatability but can not find any info on this on the "net". There seems to be plenty of happy users but none that I have seen are using the Treo600. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.
    MRL-MO
    It could because the application was developed for Palm OS ver. 3.0 and not 5.0. Not all software for 3.0 can be used for Palm 5.0 version.
  3.    #3  
    I understand that. I have written the company in hopes they have a quick fix they can get out to me. For golfers it's a really nice program to keep track of your game. It does not seem that an update has been made in quite some time though.
    MRL-MO
    I talked to Siscosoft last week and was told that there is a known conflict with the 600 which causes the Treo to reset when going from 9 to 10. They are working on it and hope to have a fix out in September.

I am a registered owner who used to use GolfWits with my old Handspring Prism. I have never tried it with my T600. It works well and has a unique graphical way to keep score. The only probalem I had with it was that on the Prism it was hard to read in the sunlight which made if frustrating at times. Not sure the 600 will be much better. I plan to try it on my Treo this week and will report back after.

John
  5.    #5  
    Let me know how it goes. The new version should be out by the end of September.
    MRL-MO
  6.    #6  
    JohnBDH, any luck? Let me know. Thanks.
    MRL-MO
    Global Posts
    71 Global Posts
    Intelligolf works on the Treo 600 and lets you download courses wirelessly.
    OK, I played a couple of 9 hole rounds using my Treo and it worked much better on my Treo than it did on my old Visor. It was easy to read even in the brightest of sunlight.

Except for not being able to play the back nine on the 600, Golfwits works as advertised. It's graphical method of scoring makes it fun to use and helps you determine yardage a bit more acurately than you would without it. Hopefully they wiill get the back nine fixed soon.

Based on my previous experience with GolfWits, one problem I have with it is that it is not very easy to correct mistakes. I have found the only way to fix a shot is to delete it, which can be a bit confusing especially if you have already entered subsequent shots. I wish you could just grab a shot and move it.

Penalty shots are a bit confusing as well. Sometimes you can get it to recognize a hazard by placing a shot in an obvious hazard like a lake. Most of the time, however, you have to click Edit, select the shot, then select add penalty from the menu. This can get confusing.

I also found that I could score my own game easily. If, however, I tried to score all the players in a foursome, it just got too hard to keep up with and using a score card was much easier and did not distract from the game. I generally asked someone else to keep score on the card and kept only my score on my Palm.

Generally speaking if you want to keep track of your games on your PC, GolfWits is a great tool. You can easily keep track of what your clubs are doing for you, the shape of your shots, and easily see trends in your game. Where your game needs work quickly becomes apparent when you look at 10 or 20 games in the Desktop application.

If, however, you just want to keep score on the course with your Treo especially for all the people in your foursome, I would say using a score card is easier.

Hope this helps.

John
  9.    #9  
    John,

My experience has been the same. I have just enough time to take care of my own score and really do not see how you could ever take score for a foursome without slowing play down to the point of being disruptive. I did find an old iPaq unit I had lying around and am going to use that until Kent has fixed the issue for the Treo. I hope it's more then a fix though. This program could be much more and is really dated when you consider the palm version has not been updated since 2001.
    MRL-MO
    Hello,
    Just stumbled across this thread and find GolfWits to be an interesting prospect. You may know that Intelligolf works well with the T600 as a previous post mentioned. It will do most, if not all of the things John mentions as GolfWits does but not in a "graphics" type environment. The appeal of GolfWits is just that and I will certainly give it a try if they can get it to work properly with the T600. Thanks for the heads-up folks.
  11.    #11  
    I really like the way GolfWits allows for measure distance and scoring but will have to wait to see it on the 600.
    Last edited by mlemke; 08/24/2004 at 11:19 AM.
    MRL-MO