Global Posts
    222 Global Posts
    I am looking for an app to replace the address book (in Phone) on the Treo 600. I used Address Plus on my prior palms and really liked the display of names there. Has anyone found a good replacement? Takephone is OK, but its not really what I am looking for. Anyone tried Contacts 5?

Thanks,

avid
    1995- Newton Message Pad 2000
    1998- Palm V
    1999- Palm V8 (upgrade)
    2000- Palm m505
    2001- Palm m515
    2003- Kyocera 7135
    2004- Treo 600 (woc)
    2006- Treo 700p (wc)
    2007- Treo 680 (wc)
    2008- Another Treo 680 (wc) (unlocked)
    Quote Originally Posted by aviduser
    I am looking for an app to replace the address book (in Phone) on the Treo 600. I used Address Plus on my prior palms and really liked the display of names there. Has anyone found a good replacement? Takephone is OK, but its not really what I am looking for. Anyone tried Contacts 5?
    Try SuperNames:
    http://standalone.com/palmos/super_names/
    I really like Contacts 5. It doesn't have total D-pad support but it's decent enough for me since I manage most of my contacts on my desktop. Dialing from the app is fairly easy. It definitely has a real nice look & feel...looking forward to checking out there new product life@hand when it comes out... Good luck in your search
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

"95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
    I use Key Contacts. I love the fact that it can hold several address books, syncs most Outlook contact fields, and has support for the Treo D pad. It also allows for more than 16 categories, and an item can be in more than one category.
    Everyone is gonna be passionate about what their favorite application is, no matter what they use it for. My favorite addressbook replacement is Agendus. It not only is the best addressbook replacement around, but it is also the best datebook, and todo list replacement. They are integrated very nicely together and it's a must try for anyone who havn't used it yet.

Agendus Pro Palmgear link

Agendus Std Palmgear link

On another note, I also am looking forward to trying the new Life@hand application by pdaperformance. The people over at pdaperformance need to improve their Contacts 5 and ToDo apps to better compete with Agendus. And that's a good thing for all of us!
    Browse over to my new forum. http://www.palmfanatic.com

"The wireless telegraph is not difficult to understand. The ordinary telegraph is like a very long cat. You pull the tail in New York, and it meows in Los Angeles. The wireless is the same, only without the cat. " - Albert Einstein

Palm IIIxe - Kyocera 7135 - Treo 600 - Treo 650 -> Palm Vx - Tungsten T3 - Treo 700p