1. -RJ
    I've seen a few messages posted about this already, but not sure if anyone has come up with a solution, other than to downgrade their firmware... I just got mine, and I believe it had the updates on it already.

I've only had my treo 600 a couple weeks and it seems unable to maintain a GPRS Signal. I don't get my voicemail or Email notifications (SMS messages) until several hours later, when I finally do something like check mail, web, or anything that requires GPRS. It starts up no problem, then somehow drops it eventually. I never had a problem with my old phone, same carrier and used in the same areas, so it has to be the new treo.

The phone I have came with the 03.05 firmware, and the software says Treo600-1.12-INT. For "hardware" it says B.

Any ideas?
    Call up your phone provider and check if they have coverage on your area. It seems like you have a GSM phone with T-Mobile Firmware.
  3. -RJ
    Thanks for the reply. Yes, I'm with T-Mobile and they usually have great coverage in my area. I've never had a problem with my Blackberry 7230. Reading through some of the old threads, it appears that a lot of people started having similar problems when they upgraded firmware. I never tried it without the update, so I don't know if it would be better. And I have no problem getting a connection, just keeping it... Are there any programs out there that will check periodically to make sure there's a GPRS connection, and if not, establish one?
    Having GPRS drop on you like that is not normal. It's like having a phone service that you cannot rely on. The firmware version is not the issue.

Please call T-Mo to help pinpoint the cause. They are usually helpful when I make support calls.
  5. -RJ
    I've already tried that. The guy I spoke to wasn't sure if it was the phone or their service, but I'm waiting for them to call me back. I had a Blackberry 7230 and never had a problem here at the home office. I always had a GPRS signal. Maybe it was possible the Blackberry device just had better reception... One thing I've been noticing is that if I turn wireless off then back on, it doesn't connect with GPRS. If I send/receive email or go to the web, it comes right on with no problem. I was hoping there would be an update or something that I was missing.