1.    #1  
    Not really sure just what happened (or is happeing for that matter)

Before I used a palm t3 and sync'd with my outlook program. At that time I did not have the Pocket Mirror app installed and my settings (the ones I have questions about) were setup as follows:
    calendar (outlook) - sync files
    contacts (outlook) - sync files
    tasks (outlook) - snyc files
    memos (outlook) - snyc files
    date book (outlook) - do nothing
    address book (outlook) - do nothing
    to do list (outlook) - do nothing
    memo pad (outlook) - do nothing
    notepad - sync files
    voice memo - sync files
    I have more listed but these are the ones that I wonder about. It seems my t3 was sync'ing fine yet I don't know how it did it without Pocket Mirror installed.
    Questions:
    #1) I installed the treo 600 cd and thus started to wonder just how all this really works (figure it should be so simple but still I'm lost). I went about updating all my Contacts items in Outlook and even made sure each had a category. I then did a hot sync using my old t3 unit name as the new name for my treo 600. I ended up wtih all my outlook contacts on the treo 600 which is good but all of them are unfiled (i.e. not in any categories). Now I know that palm allows only 15 categories (i'm guessing 15 each for Memos, 15 for Tasks, and 15 for Date Book). Did I need to create the categories on the treo 600 before a hot sync so that they would copy over from outlook onto the treo and have the cateory assigned correctly?

#2) why, if I click on the sync icon on my task bar then click on 'custom' does it list (amoung other things):
    calendar (outlook) - sync files
    contacts (outlook) - sync files
    tasks (outlook) - snyc files
    memos (outlook) - snyc files
    date book (outlook) - do nothing
    address book (outlook) - do nothing
    to do list (outlook) - do nothing
    memo pad (outlook) - do nothing
    notepad - sync files

this seems like it is listing things twice: calendar/date book, contacts/address book, tasks/memo pad?, memos/notepad?

#3) if I look at my newly installed Pocket Mirror app v3.1.6.0 it says the following:
    Outlook Notes - do nothing
    Outlook Calendar - do nothing
    Outlook Contacts - synchroize
    Outlook Tasks - do nothing.
    so which is controlling my sync process? the sync icon with the info listed in question #1 above or the Pocket Mirror app with the sync info listed here in question #2?

I almost feel I should just do a hard reset to remove all the information on the treo 600 and give it a new name (that way I could continue to sync my t3 (I hope....without the info being posted twice or getting all screwed up).

I did manually beam over my calendar, memos, and notes one category at a time from the t3 to the treo (though I learned I had to make the category on the treo before beaming each category over from the t3) and that went fine but since the contacts sync'd across without categories I figure why not just do a hard reset and give the treo a new name and start again. Any down side to doing that? I really don't want to lose any info/apps I have on my t3 which I would if I did a hard reset.

#4) if I do a hard reset on the t3 it will retain the palmone update file that was installed to fix the sd card reading problem correct?
    also, if I do the hard reset and give it a new name will the sync process allow me to have all the apps reinstalled on the t3 when I do the sync the first time around? if not that really bites

suggestions?
    I also have a copy of intellisync v 5.x so that is an opton if it is better then Pocket Mirror.
    thanks for any directions
    Last edited by motor; 08/13/2004 at 05:25 PM.
    Okay you just mentioned you had a T3 which you are using to sync with the PC. Hence your double listing in hotsync. You have the conduit for syncing the T3 and the conduit for linking the Treo600 installed so you will get multiple listings. It will not cause any troubles but you should make a decission on what is the primary machine to conduct business on. The T3 or the Treo600.

You only have to change the status for the sync from do nothing to sync the files for all information to be sent to your new Treo. Don't forget to save.
    Ancient_One
    Blood and Honour
    (Those who live in the dark shall meet the light and all shall die by my hand.)

(Device:Palm Pilot>Handspring Deluxe>Handspring Treo 270>Sony Clie NX60U>PalmOne Treo 600)
    (Beta Tester:Pocketdimension 2 / Quirl / PalmMAME / Seven Email Client)