1.    #1  
    Does anyone have any info on what data network will be supported by the Treo 610/ACE for GSM? Will it be just GPRS or will it support EDGE? Currently I am a GSM user but if the GSM Treo 610/ACE does not support EDGE will switch to CDMA. Willing to wait (untill inital GSM release) for EDGE enabled Treo 610/ACE. I realize most of the readers of this board are CDMA (Sprint) users and that it is the fastest network at present (please no flames). Thanks!
    I've seen no indication that it will be anything other than GPRS which is really too bad.
    Treo 600 on T-Mobile since March 2004
  3.    #3  
    How is your data speed? I use e-mail a lot and will be moving into the field and course faster is better.
    issue discussed previously here:

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...ad.php?t=54340

an ACE without UMTS is possible, but it will be a joke without it. to not include EDGE in the ACE, however, is inconceivable.

with GPRS i can stream music via shoutcast up to 32 kbps. using bmeter i consistently get ping speeds on avg of around 56 kbps in the bay area.
    Off to iPhone land...
  5.    #5  
    GPRS speed does not sound to bad. I would have to agree with your position on all points but I feel it would be early for Palm to have a Treo with UMTS (but I can not wait for it). You never know they might just come out with UMTS/EDGE/GPRS unit. However I would just settle for EDGE and Bluetooth NOW in the current form factor. Thanks for the input.
    I know our friend is adamant about a WCDMA enabled handset, but I won't bank on it until late 2005....as least with regard to WCDMA 1900, honestly. No EDGE would be a major fault
    La Vie En Diaspora: Enfin, une émission qui raconte votre vie aux Etats-Unis

Treo 600 in December '03, Treo 650 in February '05, HTC TyTN Pro in August '06, and back to Treo 750 in January '07, find me at MyTreo.net

About me: story of the 100thMonkey
    i hope there is EDGE...EGPRS is key