Global Posts
    268 Global Posts
    Is there a better solution? I know the keyguard is important to prevent accidental pressing, but once the screen goes blank, keys and screen don't respond.

So if I whip my Treo 600 out of the case, I hit the screen/power button on top, one would think it should have the option of automatically unlocking. Now I have to press the additional center thumpad button as well to do anything. Alot of times, after pressing the thumbpad unlock, then the screen goes blank and I have to press the screen button again...Thats 3 button presses to get started?

Is there something I'm doing wrong? Is there a utility to change this?
    Mark F Chinsky
    I havent heard of a utility that can eliminate the keyguard, but I dont think it is all that necessary. I came from the 300 and wasnt used to the keyguard, but it is actually just a matter of assimilation. I normally turn the phone on using one of the hard buttons (phone, calendar, sms, or keyguard) and it makes for a quick sweep of the finger or thumb to the center key. You'll get used to it!
    Why not just disable keyguard altogether in the prefs?
    Global Posts
    268 Global Posts
    Now I feel dumb. I've lived with this phone for 6 months and never realized I could turn it on with any of the "hard buttons"..
    Mark F Chinsky
    Global Posts
    268 Global Posts
    If I disable keyguard, it is way to easy when putting the phone back into my case for it to tap a number and dial. I just don't see why it is necessary when the screen is off. Either that, or pressing the center thumb button should bring the treo on and unlock the keyguard at the same time.
    Mark F Chinsky
    Which keys are you referring to? The keys on the keyboard don't work when the screen is off regardless of whether or not the keyguard is on. Did I miss something?
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

"95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
    I use the right-most hardware application button as the "screen" button, as it was intended. It is close to the center button and I don't have any of these problems.
    Global Posts
    974 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by scottymomo
    Which keys are you referring to? The keys on the keyboard don't work when the screen is off regardless of whether or not the keyguard is on. Did I miss something?
    No you're not, I'm confused too.....
    Quote Originally Posted by scottymomo
    I believe he meant the four application hardware buttons below the screen.