1.    #1  
    I need to be able to dial in and access some propietary mainframes using my Treo and laptop PC. Previously, I could use my Kyocera 7135 in FaxModem mode. Any ideas on how I can do the same with a T600 (Verizon)?
    My company uses AT&T dial up and Cisco VPN software to connect. Eversince I had my T180, I used it to connect via WirelessModem (www.notifymail.com).

Now, with the T270 and T600, I could use either WirelessModem or PDAnet (www.JuneFabrics.com) via internet connection and thru the same VPN.

You do need to change your account to allow you VPN access, like T-Mo VPN internet connection.
    I forgot, you only use VPN if you are behind a firewall. If you are using traditional dial up, i.e.: modem to modem connection, then VPN is not a requirement.

Also, dial connection can be really slow.
    Last edited by ronbo2000; 08/13/2004 at 09:48 AM.
  4.    #4  
    I took a quick look at PDANet and it seems to only allow me on to an ISP. I need to be able to dial-in to some proprietary mainframes (i.e. I need a true dial-up modem)

Does anyone know if WirelessModem does that or any program?

Thanks for any 411.
    Last edited by IWantBluetooth; 08/20/2004 at 08:25 AM.
    I use my Treo 600 with the Cisco VPN client, PDAnet, and Verizon to gain access to everything with my laptop. The nice retractable charge and sync cable from Treocentral is nice too ... charges the Treo while using it.
    Quote Originally Posted by emosier
    I use my Treo 600 with the Cisco VPN client, PDAnet, and Verizon to gain access to everything with my laptop. The nice retractable charge and sync cable from Treocentral is nice too ... charges the Treo while using it.
    So what do I need to get a net connection for my laptop while on vacation with my Treo 600? Is there a certain kind of software I need to download and run? Sprint Vision gets me access on the Treo but it cant access the Honda
    Corporate Lead Manager without an IE 6.o Browser. Please email me at NextLevelMentor@aol.com as I need to intercept this solution before 10-29-04
    I should also note that I have a retractable cable for connecting my treo to the laptop for the purpose them talkign to each other I ordered off the net... Now I just need to know what to set up on the Treo and the Laptop (XP Pro) to get them connected modem to phone wise.