1.    #1  
    help how do i use this program i downloaded the newst version but then i read the manuel and it says to get a par program i get it and i'm still stuck could some1 please break this down to me in simple steps so i can run a movie on my treo? step by step .
    What are you trying to do? Are you unable to watch a video? Do you have the video already on your card? What format?
    Quote Originally Posted by undagroundrican
    help how do i use this program i downloaded the newst version but then i read the manuel and it says to get a par program i get it and i'm still stuck could some1 please break this down to me in simple steps so i can run a movie on my treo? step by step .
    who is manuel?

also, how about doing a search in the forums before writing up a post that makes absolutely no sense. your answers - step-by-step - appear several times in this forum.

here's one such thread
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...highlight=divx
    Global Posts
    215 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by undagroundrican

I have been posting questions about the PDF manual and am not getting any answers. I am a newbie to bitrates, frame speed, etc. I was able to follow the instructions in the PDF, but unfortunately, my Treo kept resetting itself. All I'm looking for is SPECIFIC info in regards to software and their settings. Unfortunately, when I review all the threads, I see references to other software and settings, but no one is posting the specifics. Come on guys/gals, please help me out with this one.
    Darlene

Save a life, spay or neuter your pet.
    mmplayer stinks...crashed the hell out of my treo. get kinoma player and buy kinoma producer if you want to encode your own video's. it works great and installation is easy. no BS. i record some tv shows to my computer via a pinnacle capture card and then convert to the kinoma format and save to my sd card and your ready to go. no crashes, video and audio quality i good.
    i encoded Matrix Revolutions in kinoma 486mb for the whole movie played straight through no problems.
    486mb ! Damn, you encoded at 640x480? With mpeg4 (like mmplayer supports), a 160x120 movie should be less than 128mb! Even better if it's letterboxed.
    i dont care about file size i'm more worried about program reliability and ease of use. I'm no dummy when it comes to my t600 or computers in general and I have tried using mmplayer 4 or 5 times and it sucks. It wont even run, it resets constantly and it's generally a pain in the *** to make work. Trust me I would love to beable to use mpeg4, i encode all my movies to mpeg4 for streaming over my home network and they look and sound great. But until mmplayer has a completely stable and functional version i'll encode with kinoma. Havent had one problem with it yet.
    I dont watch movies on my t600 i just did the matrix to see if it could handle a whole movie. mostly i just watch 30min to 1hr tv shows i normally would miss.
    kinoma is good. it's good for the lazy n00b but a lot of the videos i encoded using kinoma producer didn't work out too well. mmplayer is the way to go.

darjay, there are plenty of DVD rippers available. A good DVD ripper that i have used is intervideo DVDCopy. Visit http://www.intervideo.com/jsp/Home.jsp which will create an avi file for you.

Then encode the resulting avi using Virtual Dub as outlined in the MMplayer website right here. It can't get any more STEP BY STEP than this.. http://www.mmplayer.com/
    Click on the FAQ and/or the ENCODING link in that site.

Also check out
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...highlight=divx

I hope that's step by step enough for ya

It's not as hard you guys might think it is. I had never encoded video for my PDA before 3 days ago, and now it's a piece of cake. All I did was click on the SEARCH button here, read the ENCODING page in the mmplayer.com website and that's it. I encoded three tv shows already.

and size is important. i fit 3 tv shows on on one 128MB SD card - an episode of Trailer Park Boys, Family Guy and the Office.
    Last edited by rossoneri; 08/13/2004 at 04:44 PM.
    PocketDivx makes creating files for mmplayer practically trivial
    Global Posts
    215 Global Posts
    rossoneri,
    Thanks for the advice and thanks for not flaming me. I normally don't have problems with this stuff. I do tech support for "end Users", for goodness sakes, so I have had to figure alot of things to solve "their" problems. This one really got me stumped. I thought the original PDF was great, and I was able to run through it many times, I had problems when trying to play anything on my treo. Thanks again and I will touch base with you if/when I get this done. :-)
    Darlene

Save a life, spay or neuter your pet.