Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    from a transcript of a conversation with a P1 rep discussed at mytreo.net

SD cards, running apps directly, speeds
    Nov 09 09:43:14 <PalmOne> The Treo 650 now supports the ability to run applications directly from an SD expansion card. There are some applications that will only support the ability to run directly from the internal memory, and the applications' authors will elaborate on whether this new feature is supported.

Nov 09 10:10:40 <PalmOne> The Treo 650 will support the speeds of expansion cards such as the SanDisk Ultra II (10 MB/sec read, 9 MB/sec write). However, the Treo 650 will not support the speeds realized when using the SanDisk Extreme III SD expansion cards.
    La Vie En Diaspora: Enfin, une émission qui raconte votre vie aux Etats-Unis

Treo 600 in December '03, Treo 650 in February '05, HTC TyTN Pro in August '06, and back to Treo 750 in January '07, find me at MyTreo.net

About me: story of the 100thMonkey
    Thanks...I missed that posting...I can now Order my card!!
    yep, only looks like Ultra II will be supported this time around. Oh well, the price of covnergence is a generation behind on some things

Treo 600 in December '03, Treo 650 in February '05, HTC TyTN Pro in August '06, and back to Treo 750 in January '07, find me at MyTreo.net

I emailed Sand Disk and got the following answer:

Original Email Date:11/13/2004 07:55 am
    is the 1GB Extreme III SD available to purchase yet??

Original Email Date:11/13/2004 07:54 am
    I am purchasing the new Pam Smart phone Treo650. It utilizes a SD card which can support a 1GB. I am looking to have the fastest read/write card to assist with running files off of the SD card. Do you see any reason why the 1GB Extreme III SD would not work with a PDA?? Thanks for your help -------------------------------------------------------------------------------

SanDisk Response: (11/15/2004 09:32)
    Mr. *****,

The Extreme III SD 1GB card will be in stores the first week of december.

Since the Treo650 supports the SD format there is no reason why the Extreme III 1GB would not work, but you still may want to check with Palm to make sure there are no compatibility issues.

Best Regards,

Giusy N.
    SanDisk Technical Support
    yeah, but it probably won't do any better for you than an Ultra II because of the T650 own limitations

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12