1.    #1  
    Are all Treo 600 users experiencing this?

My lowest, low-level Kyocera phone would at least do that.

Just to be clear:
    When my screen is dark and a call comes in, the Treo lights up. If I'm not right by the phone and it goes to voicemail, then the screen goes dark. There are no periodic beeps, once every five minutes or so, that let me know that (1) I missed a call or that (2) I have a voicemail.

Once I turn on the screen, then yes, of course it has a pop-up that says I have a message, but sometimes it's hour before I check the phone.

For such a "smart-phone" and all it's brilliant features, the Treo 600 is incredibly dumb about some of its most basic phone functions.

Are there any sound-based solutions to this? Even the LED based solutions seem inadequate to me.

Thanks,
    CJ
    Check out Butler on palmgear.com and welcome to the forums.

Searching previous threads also gives a wealth of info
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

"95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
    Bump
    Look for Treo Alerts Manager - it does exactly what you need.
    Last edited by ksmith80209; 08/13/2004 at 01:22 PM.
    In my opinion your two best options are either:

Treo Alert Manager

Butler

I purchased both and ended up sticking with Butler. Bulter is more full featured and also offers the ability to alter the way the LED acts.
    I've tried installing the treoalerts and I have lightwav installed (it seems lightwav doesn't have a missed call reminder feature) and I still don't get a reminder beep or a vibrate reminder (I tried for over an hour with different settings).

Any other ideas ?
    If Treo Alert Manager isn't working for you try Butler.
    I'm a Treo Alert Manager fan.
    iPhone 4S
    Former Treo & Storm Owner
    Cigar Lover
    Looks like Butler works fine with Lightwav (why use both you ask, because I like the interface for allowing you to apply sounds to contacts and events).
    Butler and Lightwav do different things. You should use both regardless of the interface.

Lightwav handles ringtones/caller ID.

Butler handles attention reminders, the LED etc.

I don't think either application does something that the other one does as well.
  11.    #11  
    Thanks, you guys are awesome! I set up Butler and like it well enough.

The key guard icon in the bottom left is a bit 80s, but it does make the cell phone work like a real cell phone.

Would be nice if Butler's alerts allowed different alerts for different events (missed call, voicemail, SMS, etc.). Didn't really see unique options on Butler, but perhaps haven't looked through all. Perhaps that's where Lightwav comes in?

Butler's reprogramming of the up-down button is nice, though. It's the closest thing to a back button, another thing this phone desperately needs.

Also, anyone else annoyed you have to make speed dial entries and contact photos in the favorites and not the contact area? I feel I should be able to do that in contacts, in one step, as well as assign photos to anyone in my contact list, regardless of whether or not they're a favorite. On other phones, you can assign photos to anyone on your contacts list.

Let's face it, I may want my boss's face to show up when she calls, but I don't know that I'd make her one of my 50 favorites.

Thoughts,
    Me
    Quote Originally Posted by andintroducing
    Also, anyone else annoyed you have to make speed dial entries and contact photos in the favorites and not the contact area? I feel I should be able to do that in contacts, in one step, as well as assign photos to anyone in my contact list, regardless of whether or not they're a favorite. On other phones, you can assign photos to anyone on your contacts
    Lightwav does that.