1.    #1  
    I just purchased LIVE! from Toysoft so I could record some simple video of my son for playback on the Treo.

Has anyone had success with optimized settings on the treo 600. I seem to be getting playback that's either too fast or very choppy
    Tony Ricciardi
    Owner
    www.MacSupport.com
    I purchased it too... it does not work well yet.
    Global Posts
    67 Global Posts
    FWIW- I haven't tried Live! yet, but just the other day I tried MovieRec and was surprised at how well it worked...
    Last edited by Randy99; 08/30/2004 at 12:10 PM.
    I too was surprised by how well MovieRec worked. Since MovieRec is free, I can't imagine paying for anything else. Of course, a very small video clip (along with its audio) sucks up a gargantuan amount of memory, so I suppose if a software vendor came up with a way to seemlessly let me record to my SD card, I'd consider it. But I haven't seen anything like that yet. And I'm not sure if the I/O throughput of the Treo would even allow it.
    Quote Originally Posted by tonyricciardi
    I just purchased LIVE! from Toysoft so I could record some simple video of my son for playback on the Treo.

Has anyone had success with optimized settings on the treo 600. I seem to be getting playback that's either too fast or very choppy
    if you want to record both sound and video then goto the Settings and set
    the playback and recording speed to "audio" in the popup. Recording both sound and video to the card isnt recommended since it will not sync.
    Want mp3/wav ringtones , Audio and Video recording for your Treo600/650? visit www.toysoft.ca
    Are'nt both of these progs pretty much useless as you cant play the movies on a standard PC nor is it any good emailing them for the same reason. I realize the authors state various ways to export the clips but I never have felt like doing 25mins of editing work to get a 20 second video clip...
    Click for Free iPod Nano or better. - really works!
    Quote Originally Posted by Magohn
    Are'nt both of these progs pretty much useless as you cant play the movies on a standard PC nor is it any good emailing them for the same reason. I realize the authors state various ways to export the clips but I never have felt like doing 25mins of editing work to get a 20 second video clip...
    Once you export the Live videos (right on your Treo), you can send it (from your Treo) with your mail client to any pc and it can be played on Quicktime. The only drawback to Live is that it still plays back way too fast.
    Global Posts
    67 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Magohn
    Are'nt both of these progs pretty much useless as you cant play the movies on a standard PC nor is it any good emailing them for the same reason.
    I too felt this way after I recorded a few takes of my 5 yr old son using MovieRec. The app is OK since it's free, but it would be killer if it had an easy way to export both video & sound to the PC. Email capability would be icing on the cake...
    Quote Originally Posted by Alli
    The only drawback to Live is that it still plays back way too fast.
    I'm not sure if this is what you're looking for, but under v2.1, you can go into Preferences and select the "Play back speed". I believe it defaults to 3. 5 is the setting I've found to be the most true to life.

Edit: Anyone know of a better way to export the .liv files? The method provided on the Treo can take up to 10 minutes depending on filesize. Perhaps there is a desktop app that will convert the .liv files stored on an SD card?
    Last edited by JasonWilliam; 09/05/2004 at 01:50 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by JasonWilliam
    I'm not sure if this is what you're looking for, but under v2.1, you can go into Preferences and select the "Play back speed". I believe it defaults to 3. 5 is the setting I've found to be the most true to life.

Edit: Anyone know of a better way to export the .liv files? The method provided on the Treo can take up to 10 minutes depending on filesize. Perhaps there is a desktop app that will convert the .liv files stored on an SD card?

The whole point is to be able to do it on your Treo so that you can then email it without having to go to a pc.

I understand Danny is working on the speed issue. Even when I have it all set to slowest, it's still too fast.