1.    #1  
    First of all this is from the toysoft site.

LightWav Requirement

PalmOS 5.0 and higher with Sound Manager
    SonyClie PalmOS 5.2.1 with Sound Manager
    190K of free memory.
    External card such as SD/MMC, Compact Flash or Memory Stick is required
    Uncompressed wave files
    Optional: PocketTunes(tm) 2.1 or higher to play mp3, wma and ogg files

Note the last line. "Optional: PocketTunes(tm) 2.1 or higher to play mp3, wma and ogg files"

If you're having problems and can afford it upgrade to ptunes 3.0.2. This is what solved the problems for me. Problems of all sorts, including rebooting, no midi sounds or any sounds consistantly. Then just to make sure it was infact ptunes 2.1 I deleted 3.0.2 and put 2.1 back on. Again it didn't work. Put ptunes 3.0.2 back on and works again, well atleast the sounds so far. Have'nt tryed pic ID yet. I don't know if the 2.1 is the common factor with everyone who's having problems, I doubt it, but it was the factor in my case. So just to let you know you may have to dish out another (almost)30 bucks to get lightwav 3 working, not the free version from palm once you register.....maybe.
    Quote Originally Posted by Domingo
    First of all this is from the toysoft site.

LightWav Requirement

PalmOS 5.0 and higher with Sound Manager
    SonyClie PalmOS 5.2.1 with Sound Manager
    190K of free memory.
    External card such as SD/MMC, Compact Flash or Memory Stick is required
    Uncompressed wave files
    Optional: PocketTunes(tm) 2.1 or higher to play mp3, wma and ogg files

Note the last line. "Optional: PocketTunes(tm) 2.1 or higher to play mp3, wma and ogg files"

If you're having problems and can afford it upgrade to ptunes 3.0.2. This is what solved the problems for me. Problems of all sorts, including rebooting, no midi sounds or any sounds consistantly. Then just to make sure it was infact ptunes 2.1 I deleted 3.0.2 and put 2.1 back on. Again it didn't work. Put ptunes 3.0.2 back on and works again, well atleast the sounds so far. Have'nt tryed pic ID yet. I don't know if the 2.1 is the common factor with everyone who's having problems, I doubt it, but it was the factor in my case. So just to let you know you may have to dish out another (almost)30 bucks to get lightwav 3 working, not the free version from palm once you register.....maybe.
    ptunes version shouldnt be the problem. lwav supports 2.1 and higher and should work regardless. what kind of problems are you having with ptunes 2.1?
    Want mp3/wav ringtones , Audio and Video recording for your Treo600/650? visit www.toysoft.ca
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by smiley88
    ptunes version shouldnt be the problem. lwav supports 2.1 and higher and should work regardless. what kind of problems are you having with ptunes 2.1?
    I had spoken to soon I guess as its still screwing with me. Either the phone doesn't ring during a call or it rings for a split second. When I try to play a midi it reboots about every 5th try or so (never counted). Then sometimes it works, like last night, and can't for the life of me trace my steps to figure out why, or perhaps its because different things cause it to flake out. Although this progy has great potential, some serious work is needed soon. I guess you already know that and are working on it. I'm going to be playing with mp3's and video next to see if those are stable or not.

thanks