1.    #1  
    There are several talk-radio shows that I really enjoy listening to, but don't have the time during the day. I really wish there was a TiVo for radio (well there is, but it only does FM or is prohibitively expensive). Besides, I already have the Treo and have it hooked up into my car via an iRock.

I have been thinking about recording a few of my favorite talk radio shows using automated recording software on my PC. My station offers a free internet broadcast. At the end of the day, I could transfer the file in an MP3(?) format to my SD card, insert it into my Treo, then off I go. Talk radio also has TONS of commercials and plenty of idiots calling in. I could FF to the good parts and get through a 2 hour show it no time.

Has anyone tried doing anything like this? If so, what software or techniques do you recommend?
    This should work for you:

http://www.replay-radio.com/

A Cool Tool for Radio Lovers

Now you can record hundreds of radio broadcasts from all over the world, listen whenever you want on your PC, CD Player or MP3 Player, and even skip over the fluff. It's easy with Replay Radio!

Works like a TiVo for Internet Radio

Replay Radio is an incredibly easy way to record radio broadcasts. It's like a "TiVo™ DVR" for the radio. Just pick your favorite radio show, or select a station and a time range, and Replay Radio records it for you. Hundreds of shows and stations are pre-programmed, making recording as easy as point and click.

Make MP3s or CDs Automatically

Once your show is recorded, Replay Radio makes MP3 files for listening with an MP3 player, iPod, or your PC. Or, you can have Replay Radio automatically burn a CD. Everything happens automatically!
    Me = Nokia 5170/Palm III > Kyocera 6035 > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 755p > Treo Pro > Palm Pre

Wife = Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 755p > Palm Centro > Palm Pixi
    I use Replay Radio every day - it works great in conjunction with the Treo. I record a program on my desktop computer while I am working or in the middle of the night. I transfer the mp3 files to the Treo using my card reader, and use Pocket Tunes to listen to the programs. Replay Radio has different recording quality levels: 1) as a wav file; 2) 7 Mb/hour; 3) 28 Mb/hr; or 4) 56 Mb/hr. You can create huge files, or break the file up into separate pieces while recording.

I also use a Pocket Tunes skin which allows me to skip forward or back in 30-second increments, to skip all of the commercials.

An example of my use: I record a talk radio show in the morning. Then when I am on the road, I listen to the program in the car using my I-Rock. A few weeks ago, I recorded some great songs on the PC from Radio Paradise and put them on my SD card before going on a road trip to Denver. While in the middle of the Wyoming desert without any radio stations in range, I hooked up my I-Rock to my Treo, and had great tunes in the middle of nowhere. (my wife was very impressed, although she lovingly called me a nerd when I explained how I recorded and hooked it all up.)

T-Mobile's streaming is so slow that it limits which Shoutcast stations can be used on the Treo. However, my broadband connection can record all Shoutcast stations, including the audio book station, comedy stations, CBS mystery theater, music from around the world, the Art Bell Show, etc. Now it is all accessible on my Treo.

I think there are just two programs, including Replay Radio, which record streaming internet radio. Replay Radio has been very stable and reliable for me.
    Palm V-->Visor Deluxe-->Visor Prism-->Visorphone-->Treo 180-->Treo 600-->Treo 650 on Sprint-->Treo 700p-->Centro-->Diamond-->Pre-->HTC EVO 4g???!
    Quote Originally Posted by heberman
    I use Replay Radio every day - it works great in conjunction with the Treo. I record a program on my desktop computer while I am working or in the middle of the night. I transfer the mp3 files to the Treo using my card reader, and use Pocket Tunes to listen to the programs. Replay Radio has different recording quality levels: 1) as a wav file; 2) 7 Mb/hour; 3) 28 Mb/hr; or 4) 56 Mb/hr. You can create huge files, or break the file up into separate pieces while recording.

I also use a Pocket Tunes skin which allows me to skip forward or back in 30-second increments, to skip all of the commercials.

An example of my use: I record a talk radio show in the morning. Then when I am on the road, I listen to the program in the car using my I-Rock. A few weeks ago, I recorded some great songs on the PC from Radio Paradise and put them on my SD card before going on a road trip to Denver. While in the middle of the Wyoming desert without any radio stations in range, I hooked up my I-Rock to my Treo, and had great tunes in the middle of nowhere. (my wife was very impressed, although she lovingly called me a nerd when I explained how I recorded and hooked it all up.)

T-Mobile's streaming is so slow that it limits which Shoutcast stations can be used on the Treo. However, my broadband connection can record all Shoutcast stations, including the audio book station, comedy stations, CBS mystery theater, music from around the world, the Art Bell Show, etc. Now it is all accessible on my Treo.

I think there are just two programs, including Replay Radio, which record streaming internet radio. Replay Radio has been very stable and reliable for me.
    Which pTunes skin do you use?
    I use the skin found here: http://www.pocket-tunes.com/skins/mo...rHiFiLow.shtml

It works great.
    Palm V-->Visor Deluxe-->Visor Prism-->Visorphone-->Treo 180-->Treo 600-->Treo 650 on Sprint-->Treo 700p-->Centro-->Diamond-->Pre-->HTC EVO 4g???!
    Quote Originally Posted by heberman
    I use the skin found here: http://www.pocket-tunes.com/skins/mo...rHiFiLow.shtml

It works great.
    Thanks!
    best streaming audio capture software i found as Super MP3 Recorder http://www.admiresoft.com/
    Replay-Radio looks great (thanks for the link guys). You also might want to try out http://nerosoft.com/TimeTrax/index.asp if you have an XM Satellite radio hookup...
  10.    #10  
    Thanks, everyone. I downloaded Replay-Radio and gave it a try. I will probably buy that one since it's so easy to use.

Speaking of skins, I really like the idea of skipping ahead 30 seconds. Is there any way of getting this feature assigned to the D-pad or to a hard button? While driving, I would hate to have to pull out my stylus and tap the screen. It would be far simpler to just tap a hard button.
    Check out StreamRipper. It is freeware and great for recording from MP3 streams (Shoutcast/IceCast). It even figures out when songs begin & end and breaks them up into individual tracks. It runs on Windows, Linux, FreeBSD, etc.

http://streamripper.sourceforge.net/
    Pen+Paper > Treo300 > Treo600 > Treo 700p
    I use replay radio. It rocks. I also use Replay Music, which is like Stremripper but much much more powerful.