1.    #1  
    I have the USB charging cable purchased from TreoCentral, and the regular Treo cradle. What happens if I plug the charging USB cable into the cradle's Treo connector, and leave the cradle's USB cable hanging loose (or better yet, cut it off).

Any information will be appreciated.
    When I did that it charges just fine for me for me. You'll still have to plug in the cradles usb cable to another port on your computer to sync though.
    -Michael Ducker
    TreoCentral Staff
  3.    #3  
    Thanks--experience is the best guide!

(I didn't mean that to be a "thumbs down" icon--as a new subscriber, I confused it with the question mark!)
    Quote Originally Posted by miradu
    When I did that it charges just fine for me for me. You'll still have to plug in the cradles usb cable to another port on your computer to sync though.
    miradu - I need options - to use any cable that's available or choose the best cable for a specific location / application. [The right tool for the right job] And I don't want to keep switching from cradle to cradle.

Accessing Pocket Tunes or RealPlayer w/a Headset or Speaker System is important to me. My friends and customers enjoy a "sound and light" slide-show and this Treo multi-tasking function requires audio port access for speakers while a Cradle holds the Treo for viewing.

I purchased my Treo 600 so that all of my contacts, data, etc would be handy all the time. I want the cradle to hold the Treo so viewing, typing, graffiti, answering & making calls w/my headset, HotSync, Charging, etc are all useable functions - Whilst my Treo is in a cradle.

I want all functions, all the time.
    And I want to be able to use the cradle w/o any wires, in locations where the signal is weak and I find a "sweet spot", like a window sill".
    And I want enough juice w/o haveing to charge so frequently.

miradu, what to do?
    Last edited by ArcBody; 08/12/2004 at 10:59 PM.