Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Hi Everyone,

As of late I have been curious about the possibility of getting instant mail notification on my Treo. As I understand it, programs like snappermail and chatter are designed to regularly check your mail and then post to your 600. Is that correct? Do these programs allow for a ring (youve got mail???)or vibrate option when new mail has been received? I have only done some preliminary investigation, most of it here, and seem to find that these programs may not be optimal, some refer to them as memory fat, and slow. I would want to use the program to access my aol accounts, which at this time is accomplished very quickly and smoothly using AOL 3.2 for palm, in under a minute I have accessed my mail for several accounts and I am done. The benefit I see would be instant notice should I be waiting for a mail, and not my constantly fidgeting with the device, checking over and over.

Your thoughts and words of wisdom would be greatly appreciated, especially if you are someone currently using one of these programs to get your mail from AOL.

Thanks,
    Jeff
    I have attached the sound file that you want. I also put in the famous "I've got Mail, Yeah!!!!"

Download and install Lightwav. Follow the instructions for setting up an alarm. Point Lightwav to the sound files I've attached.

Have fun!
    Attached Files Attached Files
    i have made two mp3s...the AOL you go mail...and the Eurotrip: beep beep mail motherf****
    unfortunately they are not here with me as i am at work, i have them home...if you want them pm me or reply here

i cleaned them up, and edited them with adobe audition
    Yes yes, please post the beep beep mp3!
    Ditto!! I want the beep beep mp3 too!! Hmmm, that might be a bit risque during a board meeting though...
    Global Posts
    62 Global Posts
    grrrrr.... that would correctly be; "You HAVE mail." Where the *&*^% did AOL come up with "You've got mail." I hate A O Hell.
    man you have got to post the euro trip mail thing
    Nokia 3210 > Nokia 3310 >Palm Vx > Palm M105 >Treo 180g and Nokia 8850 > Treo 270 > Treo 600 > Sony TH55 > Tapwave Zodiac 2 > Treo 650 GSM > Imate KJam > Treo 750v

Formerly Known As PRANKSTAR
    Quote Originally Posted by hofo_mofo
    i have made two mp3s...the AOL you go mail...and the Eurotrip: beep beep mail motherf****
    LOL i have the mail mother f-er too! My friends love that!

Another classic is "Message for you Sir..." from Monty Pyton and the search for the holy grail.

Timmay
    Iím a lucky man to count on both hands
    The ones I love..

Visor Pro -> Visor Edge -> Treo 180 -> Treo 270 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> T|T2+SE T68i -> Treo 600 -> T-Mobile MDA -> Treo 755p -> Treo 800w -> Treo 755p -> PALM PRE -> Palm Pre 2 -> HP Palm Pre 3

Twittering about
    Here the wav for mail mother f-er... You have to change it from a ZIP to a WAV... Had todo this to upload the sound.

Enjoy

Timmay
    Iím a lucky man to count on both hands
    The ones I love..

Visor Pro -> Visor Edge -> Treo 180 -> Treo 270 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> T|T2+SE T68i -> Treo 600 -> T-Mobile MDA -> Treo 755p -> Treo 800w -> Treo 755p -> PALM PRE -> Palm Pre 2 -> HP Palm Pre 3

Twittering about
    anything you can do i can do better

i love adobe audition

DONE IN MP3 LOOK FOR THEM IN WAV IN ANOTHER POST OF MINE
    sorry it took me a while to get it up

its a collection of both the eurotrip and AOL...remaster compressed and optimized with adobe audtion 1.5
    Wav Formats!
    I'm a new treo owner and have downloaded aol 3.2.1...It seems to work great but I have a few questions...I'd really appreciate any info either here or to my email: npjacoby@aol.com:
    1. What is autoaol?
    2. and can I just leave my treo on and the aol on...and expect to see all new emails?
    3. ..and how can I make it signal me with a tone when an email comes in?
    4. how do you sign off of aol when I'm on the treo? ..If I just turn off the wireless connection then I get a message that aol was disconnected in an abnormal way.
    2. when I delete something on the treo...how can can it show on my home desktop computer deleted also...In otherwords how do I keep the two aol mailboxes exactly the same?
    thank you all
    wow this is great guys thanks a bunch
    Nokia 3210 > Nokia 3310 >Palm Vx > Palm M105 >Treo 180g and Nokia 8850 > Treo 270 > Treo 600 > Sony TH55 > Tapwave Zodiac 2 > Treo 650 GSM > Imate KJam > Treo 750v

Formerly Known As PRANKSTAR
    welcome
    heh, ive had that "mail MF" set up on my treo for a while now. For some reason, it just never seems to get old
    thanks
    Although everybody seems extremely happy that there phone will now curse at them when they have mail, I'm not sure it addresses the problem of running your email client, and thus your data connection, full time.

I'm not sure about AOL, but at least with Hotmail, Yahoo and e-mail servers in general, you can have them send a text message to your phone when you receive mail. You should receive enough of the message to know whether or not you want to connect with your e-mail client to retrieve the rest.

No missed messages - No full time connection required. Even if you have unlimited data there is still the battery consideration.
    Check out this regarding sms notification and making it into a poor-man's email push setup. Maybe the original poster saw it (or not). Not sure if it would work with AOL.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast