1.    #1  
    This week, I finally upgraded from my old t-mobile 270 to a lovely, shiny new Verizon T600: work was paying, so why not?

The 600 is all that and a bag of crackers, but... but...

What the hell is the headphone jack doing on the bottom of the phone?

I find this particularly annoying because my habit of 2+ years, first with my VisorPhone and then with my 270, was to let the Treo sit in the cradle at my desk with the earbud plugged in, and use the earbud to take calls as they come in. Unless I'm missing something obvious, this is no longer possible with the 600.

Do any third party manufacturers offer a cradle for the 600 with a passthrough port for the headset?
    There is one (you can find it hear on treocentral's store) for like $200!!! I would love to buy one, but that price is so outrageous I never will.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by Crowza
    There is one (you can find it hear on treocentral's store) for like $200!!! I would love to buy one, but that price is so outrageous I never will.
    Cazart! $200?! That's insane.

Seems to me like there's a golden opportunity here for some smart hardware manufacturer...
    Just use the hotsynch cable instead of the cradle. Still charges, but no need to spend $200. I know its not as pretty as a cradle, but I need my headset.
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by FollowDan.com
    Just use the hotsynch cable instead of the cradle. Still charges, but no need to spend $200. I know its not as pretty as a cradle, but I need my headset.

The problem with that is that then the phone has to lie flat on its back, which takes up a bit more space on my cramped little desk, and from that angle it's very difficult to see the screen.

Admittedly this isn't the end of the world or anything, but for a $600 phone, I'd expect not to run into such a weird design fault.
    Global Posts
    181 Global Posts
    yes, this was a little maddening for me as well coming from a samsung sm
    You could Dremel your way through the palmOne cradle and create a slot for the headphone jack. I've seen plenty of cradle mods across the PDA world -- from small cradle changes to major overhauls including installation of the cradle assembly in the case of a PC or in office furniture.
    ----------------------------------
    Mike Lohsl

Handheld Evangelist
    Sprint Treo 600

From The Mind of Mike...
    Global Posts
    58 Global Posts
    you can also make your own cradle with a sync and charge cable and any number of interesting materials. Sculpy? Friendly Plastic? Rosewood is nice.

dremel my world