Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Does this sounds legits?

Re: The Lineup #2 (Score: 1)
    by thric3 on Thursday, July 15 @ 07:53:02 MDT
    (User Info | Send a Message)
    this is what my daily phone update says, i work for sprint =) and yeah, this is what i get off my intranet site

PROJECTED LAUNCH ESTIMATE* Description

7/26/2004 Nokia 3205
    August HTC Harrier without camera
    August Samsung A700
    August Samsung I600
    September HTC Harrier with camera
    September Samsung A740
    October LG 325 (The Slider)
    October LG 535
    October Sanyo 7400
    October Nokia 6016
    October Handspring Treo ACE
    October Samsung A760
    December Sanyo 5600
    2005 Samsung I550

http://sprintpcsinfo.com/modules.php...rticle&sid=536
    Well I'm skeptical. I don't see the (supposedly launched) Nokia 3205 on Sprint's website.
    "There has always been a tension in conservatism between those who favor more liberty and those who want more morality. But what's indisputable is that Bush's 'compassionate conservatism' is a move toward the latter - the use of the government to impose and subsidize certain morals over others. He is fusing big government liberalism with religious right moralism. It's the nanny-state with more cash." -- www.AndrewSullivan.com
    shouldn't it say palmone, not handspring
    i dont know. cause sprint still have the palmone treo600 listed as handspring.
    Two weeks ago I was talking to a Sprint representative about my plan and asked her about the Treo600 and what other phones were comming out. She said she had gotten a memo of new phones and after fumbling around for a few minutes she found it. The Treo ACE is to be released in October for Sprint. I'm not sure how I get people to volunteer information that they aren't likely to be giving out ... but it's pretty good news. I am waiting until it comes out.
    Notice he has 2 posts????????????????
    And Dr Don has 1 post????????????????
    It is obvious to me that there are individuals that may be using this site and forums to effect stock prices and market conditions. THis may require some legal investigation as this is fraud.
    If you want to affect stock price.. release the info on the new Treo, provide a decent upgrade program and set then date for the launch. Better yet give a few to some of use to do independant reviews. Watch the Backlog go up then.... release it before quarter end.. fil the back log and watch the smile spread across the stockholders face.....
    Global Posts
    501 Global Posts
    yep it sounds legit...but it's not a complete list... and remember... those dates aren't written in stone. if it was, we would hear it by now about when a phone is available (goto tmobile.com and look for hp 6315, you will see what i mean - that is a "confirmed" release date insomuch as it is announced)
    but yep - late oct is when i hear 650 is coming - maybe even "the day after halloween"
    i need the 650 for tmobile though not sprint. gah another 6 months?
  12.    #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by gharrod
    It is obvious to me that there are individuals that may be using this site and forums to effect stock prices and market conditions. THis may require some legal investigation as this is fraud.
    hehehehe.....You guys are some paranoid freaks! Fraud? Stock Price? No, I'm not Martha Stewart.

Every try google? This is what I came up with so I decided to post the link from the Sprint Forums and wanted to get some opinons. Thanks for those who commented.

But I would also like to thank gharron, "the conspirary therorist." Especially since it is so obvious to him that a legal investigation should be brought up? Send me an IM or my email to the police. They will get a hoot. Or better yet, make a formal complaint to the Sprint and the forum regulators.

I'll get off my soap box now.
  13. hub
    Global Posts
    222 Global Posts
    gharrod, what is your problem. Since the 610/650/Ace has not been released (yet), every post about release dates/features is a rumor. That's what these pre-release threads are about. And yet, every time someone posts a reply about some rumored information you are all over them "like a duck on a junebug" with cries of fraud and secret agendas. We're not talking about national defense secrets here - it's cellphones!

Frankly I don't know why you even read these threads since it obviously pisses you off so much. Give us a break from all these conspiracy theories.
    if that HTC Carrier does come out....might end up jumping on that one. looks real good.
    because Hub it has been exposed that one poster here is also a poster on a stock board and is using it to drive prices one direction or another. This is illegal - ASK MARTHA. But you take part in what you want to. I am not wanted by you all here so I will go away. Seems very funny though that the rumor-mongers feel it necessary to refer to me as a conspiracy theorist since the facts on the stock price issue I brought up have beeen proven not just suspected and no one has been able to prove the ACE exists.

Enjoy the day and remember you never know who you are talking to on here. May be someone knows a little more then they let on and maybe they were just trying to bring you truth instead of lies. I thought this was a discussion thread not someplace for some of you to bully the rest into believing your fantasies.

Just remember the original release date for the ACE (as stated in the threads) has fallen from April to October in these threads. Seems like the self fulfilling prophets in here will gradually move the date back and back until a new product is released wih different features and design then claim they were right.
    And BTW HUb, out of 10 posts by you 5 have been in response to me and your disgust with me that I challenge the ACE theories. Most of the other 5 refer to you not even owning a Treo so I understand your desire to keep up on the new product. So I then ask you if reading the posts on here make you so upset why do you keep coming back? I spend a lot less time on ACE posts then you do on attacking me.
    If you have heard a rumor, it is not illegal to post the info. Now, if you make up info that you know to be untrue, and post that, and if your reason for doing that is to manipulate the stock price, then that would be illegal. But if you think that the SEC will care about somebody's posts on this board ... well, I'd like to listen in on your call when you report them.
    But you take part in what you want to. I am not wanted by you all here so I will go away.
    I, for one, will be sorry to see you leave. This is, after all, a forum for the discussion of ideas and nothing more. Everyone is entitled to thier opinion and I feel frustrated by all the flamers that can't tolerate someone else's opinion. As long as it isn't personal, let the games begin, imho.

Seems very funny though that the rumor-mongers feel it necessary to refer to me as a conspiracy theorist since the facts on the stock price issue I brought up have beeen proven not just suspected and no one has been able to prove the ACE exists.
    Only conspiracy theorists paint others as such ... sort of like the pot calling the kettle black.

Enjoy the day and remember you never know who you are talking to on here. May be someone knows a little more then they let on and maybe they were just trying to bring you truth instead of lies. I thought this was a discussion thread not someplace for some of you to bully the rest into believing your fantasies.
    Good point.

Just remember the original release date for the ACE (as stated in the threads) has fallen from April to October in these threads. Seems like the self fulfilling prophets in here will gradually move the date back and back until a new product is released wih different features and design then claim they were right.
    Well, I don't know if the ACE was rumored to be available in April, but a new Treo did come out -- the one without a camera. So, a "new" version did come out, not just the one people wanted. It's sort of telling the truth vs. telling the whole truth ... i.e., Honey, I'm going out with the guys (truth) (There is a new Treo coming out!) vs. Honey, I'm going out with the guys to the local strip club (whole truth) (There is a new Treo coming out and it's going to be a 600 w/o a camera).

Both are true, one is just easier to get people fired up about.
    << My command as we escape Palm HQ with a new Pre 3>>.

Treo 300 >> Treo 600 >> Treo 650 >> Treo 755 >> Instinct >> Pre- >> TouchPad
  19.    #19  
    What I am doing is a very different from using inside information to profit from a stock transaction. (ala. Martha Stewart) But your comments about people tryng to bully others in believing a fantasy? Are you for real?

Do you honestly think the reason why I started this thread was to...."Manipulate the stock price for Sprint or Bully Others" If you report me to the police can I report you for slander?
    Global Posts
    326 Global Posts
    this thread has to be one of the most mindless pieces of drivel that I have read in two years on this forum.

Substance please. Rumors are great, but at least get some interesting material, like blurry photos of a Powerpoint pres or build a mockup in photoshop or something.

Gharrod-- look for a poster named PurpleX and try to go find her and hang out.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast