Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by gharrod
    because Hub it has been exposed that one poster here is also a poster on a stock board and is using it to drive prices one direction or another. This is illegal - ASK MARTHA. ... May be someone knows a little more then they let on...

Apparently not you, since Martha was not convicted of anything to do with stock manipulation, insider tracking, etc. She was found guilty of obstruction.

And since you volunteered to go away, yes, please do.

TM
    Sorry Purple X, Anthonymoody and PhilDro, since you had to further attempt to flame me I am going to continue in the thread. Letting every one know you are the cause...

Anthonymoody, where did I say Martha was convicted of anything? She was caught red-(ink)-handed dumping stock after getting an insider call they just "chose" not to charge her with that because it was much harder to prove. BTW, some people are a little closer to Martha then others.

As for you dyun1dyun1 and your accusation of me slandering you. First I have never referred to you so I can not be slandering you. If you have a guilty pang in your heart that is your problem. Don't go putting slanderous words in my mouth.

TJD414, the new sans-camera version did not come out in April. There were rumors to its existance at that time but I believe it was July that it was finally available. That was rumored to be theTreo610 by many but I am unsure what the official name of the product is.

Bubbahuska, I personally know of people that have been convicted of manipulation through internet postings. A famous case was of a small banking software company by the name of Pheonix whose employees/former employees were posting in forums just like this to manipulate price. The company went after the forum and the internet provider through court actions and brought them all to justice. So if you believe it is a laugh go ahead and look the case up.
    What a bunch of babies!

Can we get back on topic now please?
  4.    #24  
    Gharrod.... I still think you're comments about fraud, calls for investigations, people getting bullied into fanstasy and you quest for truth ect ect are a little...............WEIRD. Nothing personal.

But back to my question.

Here is the link again

http://sprintpcsinfo.com/modules.php...rticle&sid=536

Are employees even allowed to post information like this? And information about the new Treo seems to be consistent with the other "RUMORS" Or is this just another post from someone who has too much time on their hands. Is this person comments about the other phone add any validity to the post?

I was advocate of 160x160 resolution due to the power consumption but I think I would prefer to stop explaining to people why the pictures I just took will look much better on the home PC. Though .3 megapixels is still pretty lame all around.

I look forward to the next Treo.

TJD414, the new sans-camera version did not come out in April. There were rumors to its existance at that time but I believe it was July that it was finally available. That was rumored to be theTreo610 by many but I am unsure what the official name of the product is.
    There I was, trying to be one of the level headed ones (or so I thought) and you paint me with the broad brush of a flamer.

Since we are picking nits here, the first post by someone with a cameraless Treo was 06/07/2004. OK, you're more right than me, June is closer to July than is April. Sorry for the "misinformation."
    << My command as we escape Palm HQ with a new Pre 3>>.

Treo 300 >> Treo 600 >> Treo 650 >> Treo 755 >> Instinct >> Pre- >> TouchPad
    TJD, I am sorry I did not mean to flame you I was just pointing out that all of the timing projections people have been making have been woefully wrong. I think it also very important to note that in other Treo Central boards the topic of conversation is about people (and most that have been posting in this thread) are doing exactly what I claim they are doing.

Ask some of these people who they really are. PurpleX has aparently deleted his post but he is (according to others) posting under several different nicks on here. Why does someone like this need to change nicks 2 or 3 times and attack me for my beliefs?

Dyun1Dyun1, any employee of a public compnay is constrained under the Sarbanes Oxley Act from divulging any information gained in any way in advance of the company giving explicit permission to do so. Thank our friends at Enron for this. If this person you linked to is making the claim that Sprint is releasing that phone in October Srint will catch up to him and it will be a career limiting move. I am an executive with a major company and am governed by the same rules which is why I am so skeptical of the situation of people just having these stray pieces of information. If someone has real proof not a bad mock up from Photoshop (yes someone can create that PowerPoint slide and Treo ACE picture in a couple hours with little skill using PhotoShop) then please provide it to me. Make me a believer. I want to believe and even have my 600 sold already in case the next version comes out this fall.

In early June I offered (publicly) to that person who could provide me proof of the existance of the ACE dinner at the place of their choosing. I extended the offer to July 15. Still no takers came forward just more people claiming that their friend of a friend heard this from a Sprint sales rep. Amazingly I can not remember a one of those posters having more then 10 posts total. Now I see on other threads that many of those have been tracked to being people that are also posting on PalmOne stock message boards. Maybe I am way off base but I find this very interesting that people that post on stock boards (which usually but not always means they have a vested interest in the price going up or down) are also postng rumors in user boards.

I apologize to those that I have bored with my drivel on this subject. I will be quiet unless others choose to cause me to feel need to defend myself again.

In closing I repeat for those that did not take the time to read my entire post the most important point I make over and over. I want to believe in the ACE existance. I will be first in line to buy it and look forward to owning it. My beef is not with you that , like me, want to see it exist. My beef is with those of you who are here under false pretense.
    TJD, I am sorry I did not mean to flame you I was just pointing out that all of the timing projections people have been making have been woefully wrong. I think it also very important to note that in other Treo Central boards the topic of conversation is about people (and most that have been posting in this thread) are doing exactly what I claim they are doing.
    I'm cool ...

And you are right about the personal nature of some of the posts, but I guess we need to live with it ... gives us all something to do while we wait ...
    << My command as we escape Palm HQ with a new Pre 3>>.

Treo 300 >> Treo 600 >> Treo 650 >> Treo 755 >> Instinct >> Pre- >> TouchPad
  8. hub
    Global Posts
    222 Global Posts
    And BTW HUb, out of 10 posts by you 5 have been in response to me and your disgust with me that I challenge the ACE theories. Most of the other 5 refer to you not even owning a Treo so I understand your desire to keep up on the new product. So I then ask you if reading the posts on here make you so upset why do you keep coming back? I spend a lot less time on ACE posts then you do on attacking me.
    gharrod, you are correct. I do not have a Treo but plan to get one as soon as the new one comes out. That is my reason for watching these posts. I am looking for updates on the product, with the understanding that some of the info is not accurate, perhaps even purposely so. My problem is that every thread I find on this site that has anything to do with the new Treo is filled with posts from you that offer no information on the new Treo, just flames of other posters. You seem to find problems everywhere.

I guess your avitar of an eye looking through a peep hole is very appropriate.
    FWIW - some of you may remember my thread about this new device. Sadly, I got busted - violation of our NDA. So the thread has been deleted. Otherwise I'd happily add more fuel to the fire...
    Oh great...a second thread of people bickering about what they know and don't know about the ACE, 650 or whatever it will be called.

What is the point of this? 5 minutes of my life I will never get back. Who freaking cares what people claim they know or don't know...when it comes out...we can all buy it or pass on it. We could even discuss its merits...once PALM tells us what they are.
    Quote Originally Posted by phildro
    this thread has to be one of the most mindless pieces of drivel that I have read in two years on this forum.

Substance please. Rumors are great, but at least get some interesting material, like blurry photos of a Powerpoint pres or build a mockup in photoshop or something.

Gharrod-- look for a poster named PurpleX and try to go find her and hang out.
    You are 100% right. It's amazing how much attention Treo Ace threads get when they have little to no information in them. At the same time, the article that ran on the front page of TC a month or two ago basically outting the product had to come from somewhere.
  12.    #32  
    Ditto
  13. hub
    Global Posts
    222 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Indicator
    FWIW - some of you may remember my thread about this new device. Sadly, I got busted - violation of our NDA. So the thread has been deleted. Otherwise I'd happily add more fuel to the fire...
    Sorry you got busted. You had some good info. Maybe you could use a new screen name. Several who had a lot less to offer have done it.
    gharrod - I don't have to believe or look up diddly squat. I'm a securities lawyer and so I'm very familiar with the law and cases in this area. I know what I'm talking about, and my prior posting was correct. You ... well ...
    Last edited by BubbaHooska; 08/22/2004 at 04:26 PM. Reason: Make clear who this is directed to
    Wel lI can tell you all that the Samsung i600 will be available this weekend
    August 28th im on pre-order for it already. Don't worry im not bailing on my kid.. its for my brother. whats everybody think about the i600 and how does it rank with the treo?
    Oh and this is verified with SprintPCS by 3 Phone Sales associates & my visa receipt
    "I have to return some videotapes."
    i had the i600 on verizon. i aint care for it that much. kinda slow. lot of lock ups. and weak ringers and vibration. but this one might come out with the 2003 OS. so it should fix a lot of the problems that i had. peace.
    Quote Originally Posted by TreoDaddeo6
    Wel lI can tell you all that the Samsung i600 will be available this weekend
    August 28th im on pre-order for it already. Don't worry im not bailing on my kid.. its for my brother. whats everybody think about the i600 and how does it rank with the treo?
    My problem with the i600 (besides M$oft Windoze) is a PDA without a touch screen. I just can't see the practicality of telephone pad input into a powerful PDA operating system.
    Remember, the "P" in PDA stands for personal.
    If it works for you, it is "P"erfect.
    the i600 doesn't have a touch screen? what does this do that the treo can't? what does the treo do that the i600 cant
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12