1.    #1  
    Hello all,
    I am starting a senior design project for my Engineering final design. I love my Treo but still have not found the perfect headphones for making calls and listening to MP3s and Shoutcast stations. So here is my idea I am going look into.

We have all seen the "Bluetooth headset for non-Bluetooth phones". I am going to take that idea one step further. I am going to make a Bluetooth stereo headphones/set. You'll be able to listen to your music or books, hear a call coming in, press a button (no switch) and have the call come though. Then when the call is done it'll switch back to the audio or the program you were using earlier.

One of the largest hurdles will be the battery life. I would love to make it last as long as the Treo's MP3 playback (~14 hrs). But after some quick research it looks like i'm going to get 8 hrs of playback without turning the size into a monster. One of the best selling points will be that the unit will come with two headphone jacks, one for the Treo and a standard jack for any other device (iPod, mp3 players, Zire line, walkman... you name it).

Please reply if you would like to see this device and how much would you like to pay for this. All feedback would be great!

Tim O'Brien
    Iím a lucky man to count on both hands
    The ones I love..

Visor Pro -> Visor Edge -> Treo 180 -> Treo 270 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> T|T2+SE T68i -> Treo 600 -> T-Mobile MDA -> Treo 755p -> Treo 800w -> Treo 755p -> PALM PRE -> Palm Pre 2 -> HP Palm Pre 3

Twittering about
    I am currently using the Jabra Freespeak BT200 headphone and I have been fairly happy with it. I have a few issues with it and If there is a better solution I am willing to pay for it.

I do not like the current charger/holster design, since the headset is kinda long, it slides out of the base just slightly when it is on my belt and the head unit wakes up and starts to use the battery.

The unit has a VERY poor battery life.

The pickup/hang-up buttons on the headset are not recognized with the Treo 600 so it makes using the Treo in it's holster useless.
    that sounds great could you come up with a sketch? with the outlines?
    Nokia 3210 > Nokia 3310 >Palm Vx > Palm M105 >Treo 180g and Nokia 8850 > Treo 270 > Treo 600 > Sony TH55 > Tapwave Zodiac 2 > Treo 650 GSM > Imate KJam > Treo 750v

Formerly Known As PRANKSTAR
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by MacInfo
    I am currently using the Jabra Freespeak BT200 headphone and I have been fairly happy with it. I have a few issues with it and If there is a better solution I am willing to pay for it.

I do not like the current charger/holster design, since the headset is kinda long, it slides out of the base just slightly when it is on my belt and the head unit wakes up and starts to use the battery.

The unit has a VERY poor battery life.

The pickup/hang-up buttons on the headset are not recognized with the Treo 600 so it makes using the Treo in it's holster useless.
    Quote Originally Posted by KKenna
    For real ? Did anyone go and check the FAQ on Jabra's site ?

http://www.jabra.com/fscs/NBFreeSpea...dFeatures.html
    There ya go... idk i CallFilter ever got around to adding this to their Program or not...

Pranksta, I'll draw up some sketches this weekend and show them here on monday or tuesday.

Timmay
    Iím a lucky man to count on both hands
    The ones I love..

Visor Pro -> Visor Edge -> Treo 180 -> Treo 270 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> T|T2+SE T68i -> Treo 600 -> T-Mobile MDA -> Treo 755p -> Treo 800w -> Treo 755p -> PALM PRE -> Palm Pre 2 -> HP Palm Pre 3

Twittering about
    sounds great! i too would be interested in using something other than my jabra headset.

looking forward to hearing about your progress!

good luck!
    Jabra bluetooth headsets go for about $80 on eBay right now. And, I don't think they do MP3?
    So, by that comparable, a bluetooth headset with much better battery like that is MP3 compatible is worth at least $100, and I'd pay that.