1.    #1  
    I have performed numerous Infrared Hotsync's with my laptop, tonight I tried to IR Hotsync with my laptop and my Treo is reporting that it cannot connect because the Port is currently in use by another program..

I have not changed any settings or installed any new apps on my laptop and the same goes for my Treo, any suggestions????

However I can beam things from my Treo to my laptop and I can also beam files from my Laptop back to my Treo, I just cannot Hotsync via IR anymore...

Thanks!
    Global Posts
    746 Global Posts
    Restart the computer, this should fix its little red wagon. It did in my case with my 6340i.

Hope this helps
    Lonzo
    Make sure that under Wireless Link\Image Transfer "Use wireless link to transfer..." is unchecked.
    Me = Nokia 5170/Palm III > Kyocera 6035 > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 755p > Treo Pro > Palm Pre

Wife = Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 755p > Palm Centro > Palm Pixi
  4.    #4  
    First thing I tried was to reboot my laptop and I shut down all the various Processes that I thought might be causing a conflict without any luck... I checked all the IR settings on my laptop and Treo, all were good...

The solution to the problem was I hit the reset button on the Treo and I was able to HotSync Via IR with no problem now..

Thanks for the help!
    I've never gotten IR sync to work before that I can remember. Every time I try to enable it from the Hotsync menu, I get the error: "Error accessing the IR port. See the //Helpnotes/IR_Readme.txt for more information".

I can't seem to find that readme file anywhere. I can do regular IR file transfer between computers, just not Treo <-> Laptop.

Any ideas?
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

"95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
    I've never gotten IR sync to work before. Every time I try to enable it from the Hotsync menu, I get the error: "Error accessing the IR port. See the //Helpnotes/IR_Readme.txt for more information".

I can't seem to find that readme file anywhere. I can do regular IR file transfer between computers, just not Treo <-> Laptop.

It turns out my problem was being caused by the portable keyboard. If I disable it, the IR works. When the keyboard is enabled, the IR doesn't work.
    Last edited by cspofford; 01/09/2005 at 11:47 AM. Reason: Problem solved