1.    #1  
    Does anyone know anyway to download large text files off the net and get them into a format palm reader? I need to do this to get books off of project Gutenburg.
    Quote Originally Posted by ddeger
    Does anyone know anyway to download large text files off the net and get them into a format palm reader? I need to do this to get books off of project Gutenburg.
    you can just save the text file to your card and have any text reader read it.
    Want mp3/wav ringtones , Audio and Video recording for your Treo600/650? visit www.toysoft.ca
  3.    #3  
    Thanks,

I have the txt file on the card but am having a little difficulty finding a text reader for txt files. Can you recommeğ2
    Thanks,

I have the txt file on the card but am having a little difficulty finding a text reader for txt files. Can you recommeğ2
    go here and download myWorkbench www.toysoft.ca/mywb.html and goto the prefs in myWB and check use as text reader
    Want mp3/wav ringtones , Audio and Video recording for your Treo600/650? visit www.toysoft.ca
  5.    #5  
    OK I lied. I don't have the txt file downloaded to the memory card. I go to http://www.gutenberg.net/etext/1837 and attempt to download the plain text version and get a screen that shows the download taking place then I am asked if I would like to save it. Based on the "memory availible" prompt, it is not using my memory card, but is putting it in main memory. I say yes, then I am asked if I want to open with Memo. I say no because Memo brakes the document into hundreds of small memos.

After all of this, the text file in nowhere on the Treo.

How do I get the file to download into the memory card?
    [peeve]This is an incredibly disappointing mistake by the develoers of Blazer 3.0! [/peeve] There are some web pages I access with text files. I used to be able to read these pages in Blazer on my Treo 300, but Blazer on the 600 will only save the file, which ends up saving it to the Memo program and breaking it up into a bunch of unreadable memos.

I don't have an SD Card (yet - coming in the mail), so if I can save the text file to an SD Card and read it with any standard reader, that would be acceptable. Still, I can't believe the Blazer developers screwed this up.

WebViewer and Xiino, by the way, will download and display large text files without any issues.
    Thanks,

Just use VFSi. It free and works great!

http://www.freewarepalm.com/graphics/vfsi.shtml

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions