1.    #1  
    I turned on the camera to take a picture today, and suddenly the screen went black, not off theough, can see it is being lit, and the extreme top and bottom are white. Soft reset not doing anything, the screen goes completely off for a second and then turns back on to black with the white lines at top and bottom. What now??? Help!!! My life is on my Treo!!
    You use a backup program hopefully? If so, you may want hard reset and see what happens, then restore if all is kosher..
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

"95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
  3.    #3  
    Can't seem to do a hard reset, holding the reset button and pushing up on the 5 way button doesnt do anything different fro mthe soft reset attempt. Arghhhh!!! I do back up, but i need a working phone!
    Quote Originally Posted by BS Mann
    Can't seem to do a hard reset, holding the reset button and pushing up on the 5 way button doesnt do anything different fro mthe soft reset attempt. Arghhhh!!! I do back up, but i need a working phone!
    Thats because for a hard reset you hold in the POWER button, press RESET (while still holding in the POWER button), release RESET button, release POWER button. THEN you press 'up' ob th 5-way when prompted....HTH
    Click for Free iPod Nano or better. - really works!
  5.    #5  
    Doing the hard reset procedure doesnt do anything... the screen stays lit but black and no prompts show up. The connection between the screen and computer processor must be dead. Back to the Sprint store tomorrow I guess.
  6.    #6  
    UPDATE, the Sprint store says the phone must be defective, and since it is a reconditioned phone they gave me when my previous Treo lost its ability to recieve calls, they gave me a new one this time. Hope #3 lasts longer than either of the first two did (4 months each)
    My screen is also dead...most of the time. Last week while travelling I had a weird problem: frozen screen with a red X mark over the battery indicator icon in Phone app (the icon was completely white ie no blue level showing even though the phone was charged). After not using the T600 for a day or so and leaving it on the charger, it started to operate normally. Then after another day or so the screen would not turn on, except about once a day when I could get a dim, strongly flickering display which went black after 20 seconds or so.

I say black but in fact by holding the device to a strong light and tilting it I can just about make out what's on the display....and the phone function still works (as do the PDA functions but not much use if you can't see the screen).

Tried in-cradle, hard and battery-disconnect resets - the screen is now brighter during the minute or so per day I can see it, but it still fades to black. Adjusting the brightness level in Display Pref's has no effect.

My guess is there is a hardware problem with the screen backlight. Any other experience?

[GSM, almost a year old]