1. tng
    Is there a way to hotsync email from Outlook 2003 (MS Exchange, not POP3) and the Treo 600 locally via the USB cable?

I installed all the software that came with the Treo (Palm Desktop and PocketMirror) and even updated them to the latest versions.
    I don't see any conduit for mail, but I see it for calendar, contacts etc.

Thanks in advance!

P.S. - It works through the wireless sync, but not the local hotsync.
    When you installed...did you choose the option to make Outlook your PIM and NOT Palm Desktop?
    Quote Originally Posted by tng
    P.S. - It works through the wireless sync, but not the local hotsync.
    You mean you can actually get your email on your Outlook 2003 server inbox to sync up with the inbox of the default mail app on your Palm handheld?? I didnt even know that was possible.
    hehe...yes it's very possible. If you have docs 2 go...it will also convert your attachments on the fly.
  5. tng
    Quote Originally Posted by treo-mike
    When you installed...did you choose the option to make Outlook your PIM and NOT Palm Desktop?
    I don't recall ever coming across that option.
    Should I not have installed Palm Desktop and Pocket Mirror?

I was looking for the mail conduit but cannot find it anywhere.
  6. tng
    Quote Originally Posted by gryphone
    You mean you can actually get your email on your Outlook 2003 server inbox to sync up with the inbox of the default mail app on your Palm handheld?? I didnt even know that was possible.
    Yes, although it's not working 100%.
    It should automatically push down at a specific interval but it's not doing that right now.
    It will only do it if I manually force it.

I have to go to wireless sync, and it will grab all the new email from my outlook and put a copy in the Treo mail client.
    You have to leave the computer on, and outlook open 24/7, which is not an issue with my work.
    When Outlook detects new email, it communicates with verizon which "beams" the emails to the Treo.
    When you install from the CD that came with your Treo...as it installs it asks if you want to use Outlook as your PIM or Palm Desktop...you want to click outlook b4 you continue installing...that will install teh conduits.
  8. tng
    Quote Originally Posted by treo-mike
    When you install from the CD that came with your Treo...as it installs it asks if you want to use Outlook as your PIM or Palm Desktop...you want to click outlook b4 you continue installing...that will install teh conduits.
    I uninstalled and reinstalled the OEM software and it installed the Microsoft Outlook conduits and did as you said above but none of them sync mail.
    Here is a screen shot. I appreciate your help

Damn, it doesn't embed pics.
    http://home.comcast.net/~psteng18/temp.JPG