1.    #1  
    is there any program that will make it so that the little LED on top of the Treo 600 will let you know that you missed a call or that there is voicemail waiting, without having to turn on the screen?

Thanks,

Jeff
    Butler (f/k/a TreoButler) allows you to use the LED to notify of vms -- not missed calls, I don't think.
    Does TreoButler work with GSM (T-Mobile) which notifies you of VM via an SMS message? There many times I clear the SMS message but don't go listen to the VM right away and then I forget about them. I would like the LED to stay in the "New VM" state until I have listened to the VMs from my Treo. There should also be a way to reset the LED state if I listen to the VMs from another phone (which is highly unlikely).
    Treo 600 on T-Mobile since March 2004
    I can't speak for the VM indicator in T-Mobile (the LED does turn on for me on Cingular when I have VM, but I'm not notified via SMS).

But I can say that Butler will turn on the LED for missed calls. As long as your Treo realizes you've missed a call of course (i.e., it doesn't work when your phone is off or out of coverage).
    Treo 680 GSM since July 2007
    Treo 600 GSM from November 2003 through July 2007
    AT&T (formerly Cingular, formerly PacBell PCS) since September 1998
    treo allegro will allow you to set different colors (orange, red & green) and states (steady or fast blink) for VM & SMS. And best of all, its free!
    Treo 300->Treo 600->Treo 650->Treo 700p-> Palm Pre-> Samsung Galaxy S II Epic 4G Touch (32GB Launch-day Touchpad sustains my webOS need for now)
    Global Posts
    227 Global Posts
    I've been using Butler since its Beta days. It will let you change the status of the LED to indicate a missed call, voicemail waiting, or shut the light off completely.

Checkout http://www.hobbyistsoftware.com/home.

I don't work with/for hobbyist software, but he is a TC regular and developed the app with much assistance from those on these boards.