1.    #1  
    Anyone know if an app could be developed that would pass the GPS cordinates of the Treo 600 to an SMS mail, or email and automatically send it?

I want to have my phone send out its whereabouts once every 30-45 minutes and then have that data sent to an email address. Once I got the email address, I could have a program pull off the coordinates and update my website showing a blinking dot on a US map. That would be cool to have friends and family know where I am at since I travel all the time with my job.

I know it is kinda of a nerdy request, but bear with me
    Technically yes, but Palm/Sprint has not released technical information on how to access the GPS data.

If you look through the forum you'll see a number of opinions that Sprint will probably charge for access to the location data from the phone if and when they release the tech info.
    Quote Originally Posted by FollowDan.com
    Anyone know if an app could be developed that would pass the GPS cordinates of the Treo 600 to an SMS mail, or email and automatically send it?
    If/when Sprint and/or Verizon ever decide to introduce location based services on their networks, your idea sounds like a likely candidate to be one of them. The AGPS reciever is already part of the Sprint/Verizon Treo as part of the FCC mandated E911 services, so they just need to enable it for commercial use as well. I doubt they will make it free though.
    Until then, it sounds like a simple enough App using an external GPS attached to the Treo.
    Bumping this just in case anyone out there has any insider info about if and when Sprint may allow users to get access to this info. More accurately, wouldn't it be more a case of palmOne opening up some APIs for developers to access this data?

Scott
    Now THIS is the future of smartphones.
    I was assuming FollowDan was referring to using a SD (or external) GPS.

However, it would be great if the camera could pick up the data (from wherever) as well and be able to watermark images with it...