1.    #1  
    Hi Folks,

We have a beta of Ringo for Treo 600 available for public download.
    Full details at electricpocket.com/products/ringo.html

Ringo for Treo 600 offers Personal and Group ringtones and pictures, as well as ringtone management, an online ringtone store and support for WAP Push delivery of ringtones from 3rd party vendors.

Please send any reports, suggestions to ringo@electricpocket.com

Thanks,
    Iain
    I know this question is bound to be asked so I'll just get it over with now.......

Your product seems to be somewhat similar to Lightwav. However, there is a major difference. Lightwav supports .Mp3 & .wav files as ringers. Do you plan to implement that feature or stick only to .midi tones?

Video caller ID is another story all together.

I've been a user of Bug Me for a long time and love it. I'm guessing, your program, when released will be more stable than Lightwav was and still is for others. But you may be missing some key features if you plan to complete with Lightwav's product.

Maybe I'm totally missing the boat here and you don't see this as a product similar to Lightwav. If that's the case, my apologies.
    It's not that it is even similar to Lightwav, but with no other software, I can already assign an image and an individual ringtone to a caller now. Why buy this software again?
  4.    #4  
    Yep, its true - the bare-bones Treo support for image and ringtone assignment may be sufficient for some people... However, we feel that Ringo is a worthwhile addition to the Treo as provides a simple and effective interace to specify custom tones and pictures without filling the Speed-dial list. Ringo also adds tones for caller's based on their Address Book category, which is not otherwise possible.

As for Lightwav, well, we hope to differentiate based on our simpler and more Treo-centric user interface, along with improved ringtone tone management and composition tools, which we will debut soon.

Cheers,
    Iain
    I'm still wondering about mp3 and or wav support?
    Besides having MP3 and WAV support, Lightwav also supports setting ringtones for each category. Even though I am very happy with LWAV, I am looking forward to checking out the Beta of Ringo though to get an accurate comparison.

What I would really like to see is development of more features like TCRINGER had for the earlier Treos. I know this has more to do with system sounds than ringtones, but I still see it as a market that is not covered with the Treo 600.
    It's about time! I don't care to use mp3 or wav for ringers, mid is just fine. People who want that functionality can stick to lightwav. Keep it simple. Picture id & ring tone for groups & individuals.Will previous owner of Ringo be able to upgrade free? ;-) or a nicely dicounted price? Please keep us informed as you progress with Ringo.
    I can't tell you how excited I am to hear that yet another partially developed application has been released to manage my ringtones.
    --
    TreoBill Abides
    Bill, that sounds like sarcasm.......

After all, this product hasn't "been released." They are looking for beta testers.
    Funny how this is the only program that does what is says w/ midi tones with a real simple & intuitive interface.
    As a registered ringo user on my old 180g, do I need to repurchase this (when it comes out of beta)?
    parenthetical guy
    Quote Originally Posted by iainb
    Hi Folks,

We have a beta of Ringo for Treo 600 available for public download.
    Full details at electricpocket.com/products/ringo.html

Ringo for Treo 600 offers Personal and Group ringtones and pictures, as well as ringtone management, an online ringtone store and support for WAP Push delivery of ringtones from 3rd party vendors.

Thanks,
    Iain
    I have been a user of Ringo since it originally came out for the Treo 270 and have always found it to do exactly what the advertisements claim. I myself am glad to see they updated Ringo for the Treo 600.

Ringo has a clean, simple interface. It is really easy to setup and does not require or depend on another program like Lightwav does. No PTunes, Lightwav is not much use. Lightwav is also consistently difficult to setup and keep running for some reason.

Ringo is stand-alone and that to me is a definite advantage.

Glad to have you back, Ringo.

BTW, I am also a registered user of Lightwav so can speak from my own personal experiences with using it.
    The Quickster
    "I'm your Huckleberry!"
    Quote Originally Posted by quickster
    I have been a user of Ringo since it originally came out for the Treo 270 and have always found it to do exactly what the advertisements claim. I myself am glad to see they updated Ringo for the Treo 600.

Ringo has a clean, simple interface. It is really easy to setup and does not require or depend on another program like Lightwav does. No PTunes, Lightwav is not much use. Lightwav is also consistently difficult to setup and keep running for some reason.

Ringo is stand-alone and that to me is a definite advantage.

Glad to have you back, Ringo.

BTW, I am also a registered user of Lightwav so can speak from my own personal experiences with using it.
    i found this hard to believe. it is really simple to setup ringtone in lwav. you just assign a default ringtone in the Treo screen that is it. and if you want custom ringtones for contacts then you assign them individually in the Contacts screen.
    Want mp3/wav ringtones , Audio and Video recording for your Treo600/650? visit www.toysoft.ca
    smiley,

Since you're on this board, can you address this thread a few posts down?

Thanks
    Ringo beta crashes my T600 Sprint. I got frequent resets. I also run Goodlink - they may not play well together. I deleted it pending a better version. I am always very leery of any application that does a contacts lookup or grouping - I have not found one that does not delay the caller ID recognition process and lead to funky phone behavior.
    I was a user of Ringo on my Treo 270 until it started crashing when calls came in.

After many un-answered emails to support and a few un-answered emails requesting a refund, I gave up and switched to TC Ringer.

I'd give Ringo another try if it were free (I never did receive a refund for the 270 version), I knew it worked better and I knew that they answered their email.
    It seems my Verizon T600 is being crashed by Ringo as well. I had to do a hard reset and it went away (without installing Ringo again). The weird thing is that the call would show on my incoming screen and then immediately soft reset my Treo. Anybody else getting this?