Results 1 to 13 of 13
  1.    #1  
    Hi

    This for me is the last great missing Treo app. It should really have been included in the base OS, as Nokia/SE etc do. What I want to do is to be able to assign different tones / no tone to different SMS senders, so I get a different alert depending on who has sent a message, and a default tone for anyone who is not 'special'.

    It's analogous to what Lightwav does for voice calls, but Lightwav doesn't do this for SMS. Being in international GSM-land, I get lots of SMS spam and I'd like to ignore it. Have searched the forums, and tried Treohelper, which doesn't do it either.

    Happy to pay cash for this, if someone has a recommendation.

    Regards

    Mark
  2. #2  
    Hi,

    We have added this capability to the latest Ringo beta: see http://electricpocket.com/products/ringo.html

    Cheers,
    Iain
  3. #3  
    Why is Ringo still insisting on using just midi ringtones? Don't get me wrong, you've come a long way but it just seems like your behind in some respects.
  4. #4  
    I purchased the Ringo beta for my T300. Will my reg work for this new version?
  5. #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark4
    Hi

    This for me is the last great missing Treo app. It should really have been included in the base OS, as Nokia/SE etc do. What I want to do is to be able to assign different tones / no tone to different SMS senders, so I get a different alert depending on who has sent a message, and a default tone for anyone who is not 'special'.

    It's analogous to what Lightwav does for voice calls, but Lightwav doesn't do this for SMS. Being in international GSM-land, I get lots of SMS spam and I'd like to ignore it. Have searched the forums, and tried Treohelper, which doesn't do it either.

    Happy to pay cash for this, if someone has a recommendation.

    Regards

    Mark
    Having been a Nokia user, I think I know what you're looking for ... particularly for SMS. Have you tried Mring? Its from MotionApps. You can assign ringtones individually for each contact on your treo or you can do it by groups. The only problem is that you can only use polyphonic ringtones or midi files not wav or mp3's. I've been trying to find a converter to go from wav or mp3 to midi but haven't been too successful. Hope this helps.
  6. #6  
    CallShield is what you need. Check it out: http://www.mantragroup.com/callshield.htm
  7.    #7  
    Guys (and gals)

    Thanks for all the pointers and advice. I went eventually with Callshield Pro. Ringo, MRing and Callfilter are all good programs (and extra kudos to Ringo for their responsiveness), but the combination of rules to deal with spam plus individual assignment of tones separately for voice and SMS in Callshield swung it for me.

    Regards

    Mark
  8. #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by Llynx
    CallShield is what you need. Check it out: http://www.mantragroup.com/callshield.htm
    You can't even open their website! I was gonna try callshield pro to see if it can match callfilter (because callfilter was so expensive!) but since their site is almost always non-existent, I was afraid that although it was cheaper, the support would be next to nil. I tried callfilter and I love it! So much so that I bought it! The developer (VWare) was so responsive to a problem I was having that he even emailed me a version that corrected the problem, the very next day! The next version of callfilter will be THE app to beat in this arena, and I'm not just speculating .
  9. #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by manilenio
    You can't even open their website! I was gonna try callshield pro to see if it can match callfilter (because callfilter was so expensive!) but since their site is almost always non-existent, I was afraid that although it was cheaper, the support would be next to nil. I tried callfilter and I love it! So much so that I bought it! The developer (VWare) was so responsive to a problem I was having that he even emailed me a version that corrected the problem, the very next day! The next version of callfilter will be THE app to beat in this arena, and I'm not just speculating .
    Manilenio,

    We are just done revamping our website for the launch of our new Causerie Messenger application. The site should be up and running now. We made some changes to our support policy and you will see us a lot in the forums and other places.

    Thanks. Let me know if you have any problems with CallShield or any of our products from Mantra.

    Mike, Support Team, MantraGroup Inc.
    IM and dynamic bots for your Enterprise - http://www.mantragroup.com
  10. #10  
    Hey, Mike. It is good to see you here. Also thank you for making the site Netscape/Mozilla friendly. Ben
  11. #11  
    Say no more. Lightwav version 3.1 beta supports individual contact ringtones for sms. check out the release soon at www.toysoft.ca
    Want mp3/wav ringtones , Audio and Video recording for your Treo600/650? visit www.toysoft.ca
  12. #12  
    mring allows you do apply a different ringtone to an individual sms. Simply select the mring menu, then contacts, then select the contact, and the "check" the box that says "Use of SMS". I hope that this helps. Jim
  13. #13  
    I used to use the callshield on my 600, but couldn't upgrade past ver1.34 because ver 2 would cause a reset on the 600 everytime i got a blocked caller ID. call. Every occaision that I asked mantra about this they said a fix was on the way, but I note the the date modified on the ver 2 file is still 4 July 2004, so I'm guessing it's still a problem. Does anybody know anything different to this, and can any of the beta testers answer if the 650 version has this problem? I'm using an unlocked GSM phone in Australia on the Telstra network.

Posting Permissions