1.    #1  
    1) Its not very good for making telephone calls. I'm so tired of the person I'm calling saying they can't hear me because of buzzing.

2) The ringtones aren't loud enough

3) The vibrate is pathetic

4) The headphone socket is in the wrong place

5) Using blazer to access my company's webmail is made nearly impossible by the way frames are treated. (I know this is really a software problem - are any other browers better with webmail/frames?)

6) Its not very good for making telephone calls (again). This is really important Palm One - you can't have good word of mouth when no-one can hear you.
    1) Get your Treo replaced. It should not buzz.
    2) Select Loud ringer as your ringtone. Its much louder. Or install Lightwav and use an mp3 which is VERY LOUD.
    3) My vibrate is average compared to other phones.
    4) I would prefer it at the top too!
    5) Try Xino, or Webviewer
    Quote Originally Posted by Abu Alfie
    1) Its not very good for making telephone calls. I'm so tired of the person I'm calling saying they can't hear me because of buzzing.

6) Its not very good for making telephone calls (again). This is really important Palm One - you can't have good word of mouth when no-one can hear you.
    My Treo is the only phone I have (no landline) and it works great. As already stated, I would get it replaced.
    Me = Nokia 5170/Palm III > Kyocera 6035 > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 755p > Treo Pro > Palm Pre

Wife = Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 755p > Palm Centro > Palm Pixi
  4.    #4  
    1) I think the buzz I have par for the course. Most people say "its a bad line I can't hear you"

2) I use Loud phone as my ringtone, which is half-way OK but my lovely handcrafted phoenix nights ringtone was just not loud enough

3) Other vibrates i've have had were better ;-)

5) Nice one Cyril
    I think the buzz I have par for the course.
    Your Treo really shouldn't be buzzing. You could probably get it replaced. If you're feeling adventurous, though, you can get instructions on how to fix the buzzing from this web site:

http://www.binxiao.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk

When I say "adventurous" I mean that these instructions involve opening your Treo. Apparently the wire that connects to the battery has ...problems. Fixing these problems is a fairly trivial task (beyond, you know, opening the thing up and most likely voiding your warranty).
    3) Other vibrates i've have had were better ;-)
    I don't think the Treo really has to be the best of everything. As mentioned, the vibrate is about average. It's the price you pay for convergence.
    1) I think the buzz I have par for the course. Most people say "its a bad line I can't hear you"
    Get your phone replaced. Your posts testify to a known problem.

Why complain only to complain again when you're told that your complaint relates not to an inherent flaw but to a defect?

I, too, use the Treo 600 as my only phone. No complaints from anyone about the quality.
    no complaints here either about buzzing. use lightwav for the ringtone. headphone socket should have been on top but oh well.
    Global Posts
    723 Global Posts
    anyone here with a buzzing Treo manage to talk Palm One into a new Treo 610/Ace? Not for free mind you, but I'd like to have my buzzing Treo replaced with one that has the higher res screen and bluetooth! It's worth up to $150 to me... Palm One, are you listening?
    :-)
    Palm III -> Palm V -> Blue Palm Vx w/Omnisky -> Treo 270 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> Treo 680

Me too! What's up with a $600 phone with soft ringers/vibrations? I see $50 phones that will wake up the neighborhood. I have missed countless calls because I didn't hear it, or feel it. The Loud Phone ringer is alright, but it's very disappointing.
    Well, when you handcraft your rington next time, make sure you max your midi volume settings (assuming midi) and max your volume output for MP3 creation. My phone rings so loud with an MP3 I'm afraid the speaker will blow. I really hate when people blame the Treo for stuff when it's their own ineptitude in most cases.

As far as vibrating, what the hell are you guys wearing? Layered clothing? I've never missed a call due to a missed vibration in my pocket. Sitting on a table at home generates enough buzz that I can hear it upsatirs when it is downstairs.

People will find the damndest things to ***** about, even when it's not the phone's fault.
    Quote Originally Posted by bmacfarland
    I don't think the Treo really has to be the best of everything. As mentioned, the vibrate is about average. It's the price you pay for convergence.
    Its the price of a large heavery then normal phone...
    Iím a lucky man to count on both hands
    The ones I love..

Visor Pro -> Visor Edge -> Treo 180 -> Treo 270 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> T|T2+SE T68i -> Treo 600 -> T-Mobile MDA -> Treo 755p -> Treo 800w -> Treo 755p -> PALM PRE -> Palm Pre 2 -> HP Palm Pre 3

Twittering about
    1.) I've never had someone tell me they were hearing buzzing or couldn't hear me on the other end -- unless Sprint had a really weak signal in an area, then the calls would cut in and out.

2.) I'm getting more and more hard of hearing each day and I use the loudest ring tone that comes stock with the unit. I tend to hear it fine most of the time. I also downloaded a football tonight tone (ESPN) that I use for text message notices and I definitely hear that tone. I really think it has alot to do with the sample rates and such more than the speaker volume.

3.) Vibrate is pathetic? What exactly are you using that feature for anyway> Seriously, it's about average.

4.) If the jack was on top, people would complain too. You definitely can't use it if the unit is in a cradle and in many cases, the plug doesn't stay seated well enough. Bluetooth headsets would solve the problem, but, I've learned to adapt and use it the way it is.

5.) You do know that there is a, for lack of knowing the formal name, frame viewer selection icon at the bottom of the rendered screens? Given that there's only 160 x 160 to work with, any frames-based page is going to naturally be a pain to view. I'm sure there are other web browsers that offer better support, but I haven't been led to buy them.

6.) You cheated -- same as #1! You should have complained about the quality of the camera -- or the photos that come from the camera. Or, complain about the SD slot not having a secure depth -- allowing cards to be triggered out too easily. Or, the lack of graffiti shortcut triggering (without an add-on application.)

I'll probably upgrade to the Ace when it comes out -- Bluetooth and 320 x 320 is enough of a reason -- assuming everything else is at least as good as it is on the 600. I'm happy enough as it is today, but I could always be happier...
    ----------------------------------
    Mike Lohsl

Handheld Evangelist
    Sprint Treo 600

From The Mind of Mike...

4) The headphone socket is in the wrong place

5) Using blazer to access my company's webmail is made nearly impossible by the way frames are treated. (I know this is really a software problem - are any other browers better with webmail/frames?)

I have most of same issues except I don't have the buzzing. I just have more dropped calls than ever before. My Kyocera 7135 was bad but it had (1) analog mode and (2) an extendable antenna. I escalated this to VZW today. I really wish they'd reconsider ACE if it has analog.

The other cool factors may wear off if I can't get a phone call to last more than 2 minutes.
    Quote Originally Posted by snerdy
    Your Treo really shouldn't be buzzing. You could probably get it replaced. If you're feeling adventurous, though, you can get instructions on how to fix the buzzing from this web site:

http://www.binxiao.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk

When I say "adventurous" I mean that these instructions involve opening your Treo. Apparently the wire that connects to the battery has ...problems. Fixing these problems is a fairly trivial task (beyond, you know, opening the thing up and most likely voiding your warranty).

TONS of people have done this and it works GREAT. Don't bother getting it replaced. It is VERY easy to fix. Torx 6 screwdriver from home depot and aluminum foil from the supermarket. 15 minutes of your time. Boom!
    Quote Originally Posted by middle_man
    Boom!
    This man speaks the truth. It might be better to pursue the warranty coverage route, if you have warranty coverage, but apparently it's an easy thing to fix this kind of problem.

Over at MTDN, Mol resurrected a dead Treo by fiddling with the battery wire. There's something wrong with the engineering there...

Excitingly, there's a page on pa1mOne's website about buzzing Treo 600s. Whee!