1.    #1  
    Ok. So we live in a high-tech society now. We have anything and everything imaginable to play with in our hands.

We also have one of the worlds most advanced phones known to man. It's use and power is limitless, even more so with the intergration of Palm OS software. It makes it SOOO much more versitile than any other PHONE out there.

So why is it that we have all of this technology and no motivation to put streaming TV on it? We have streaming audio. Why can't we have a damn TV?!? MobiTV has an application for about 15 other worthless phones. Why are WE, the ones that spent $600 for a phone that does everything (but have TV) stuck without TV!?!

Ok. I vented. More edited and sudle than my true thoughts on this matter, but you get the idea.

Any thoughts or ideas?

Oh, and the answer is no, I already emailed MobiTV. They have no plans to put it own our beloved Treo.
    Sprint also offers Realone for streaming video and as well as 1ktv. Again not offered the Treo. Maybe java for the treo is unstable. I have tried converting some .jar games for the treo but none seem to work correctly besides games for the Nokia 3360. That could be due to the screen resolution, I really don't know. I'm sure Sprint is well aware that Palm offers Java on the Treo, so I don't see why they wouldn't try to get these programs to work with the Treo. Especially if they can make a profit from it. Surely all this doesn't make sense to me either.
    Quote Originally Posted by dragonslayer76
    Why can't we have a damn TV?!? MobiTV has an application for about 15 other worthless phones. Why are WE, the ones that spent $600 for a phone that does everything (but have TV) stuck without TV!?!
    Have you used MobiTV on another cellphone? I subscribed to it on my Sanyo 4900. It wasn't worth the tax on the monthly $10 refundable I paid to have it on the phone.

Sure it was neat for a while - seeing TV and audio on the phone. But you quickly get bored watching MSNBC and whatever channels they have. Plus the frame rate was lousy (I wasn't expecting anything more).

I suppose that the Treo might be able to do the service justice. Having a processor that can handle the A/V calls and still have a chance to respond to keypresses is a nice feature that my sanyo phone missed.

I'm guessing that MobiTV wasted all their development funds on the other phones and now that everybody has at least given it their 2 month trial (one month to install it, another month to realise "Oh no, this is a recurring charge on my bill... better call Sprint to get it removed".

The Shoutcast feature on pocket tunes is an infinitely better idea. Put audio on my phone that was designed to be sent over lower bandwidth connections. Let me listen to british radio or 24/7 live bootlegged U2 shows.

I'm sure that treo based live TV will come - I'd rather have access to my tv tuner card on my PC with whatever that software is that lets you do that from PC to PC (mind went blank)

Steve

Steve
    Global Posts
    200 Global Posts
    I just read this today:

http://www.i4u.com/article1930.html

It seems to be a new TV option offered by Sprint, does anyone know more about it or more closer to the point...is it at all compatible with the Treo 600?
    Global Posts
    200 Global Posts
    ok...here is the Sprint Press Release

http://www3.sprint.com/PR/CDA/PR_CDA...112148,00.html
    Stream from home on your highspeed ISP... here is what you need.
    Apple G4 with quicktime broadcaster, darwin streaming server, mmplayer on your treo(only catch is they have not released the version with RSTP protocal enabled.) and some type of Tivo system that works on the mac...like eyeTV..? then you could connect to your streams via streaming server and control the channel you are watching via a web interface...on a Sprint you could manage to get anywhere from 2 to 5 frames a sec with ok audio ...yes no...any takers? maybe use VLC (video lan client) ...

-CK

-CK
    FYI, here is a review of the two Sprint TV services (MobiTV and Sprint TV) in the Wall Street Journal by Mossberg.

http://ptech.wsj.com/archive/solution-20040901.html

...still waiting for this service on the Treo.