1.    #1  
    Hi guys

i just discovered this forum today. How i wish i had done it earlier. I am located in India and a user of a Treo 270. This phone is relatively little known here and thus there are no sale or service outlets here, In spite of all the limitations that we know, this phone has, i love it for its versatility. I mean, its a poor phone, but the entire package is good.

Now coming to my problem, i broke the lid and was able to fix it with super glue a few times, but its beyond repair now, so have no option but to use it without the lid.

Can now use the phone with the headphone, but since i dont have d speaker, cant use it in the regular way.

I do have the speaker in the broken lid. Now my question : is there some way i can fix the speaker (the treo speaker or some other one), without fixing the lid (which is broken beyond repair).

cheers

rajan
    Please search for user nzmoko and treo_knight postings. Here's one of the nzmoko's one: http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...ad.php?t=42591
    Quote Originally Posted by rajankanwar
    Hi guys

i just discovered this forum today. How i wish i had done it earlier. I am located in India and a user of a Treo 270. This phone is relatively little known here and thus there are no sale or service outlets here, In spite of all the limitations that we know, this phone has, i love it for its versatility. I mean, its a poor phone, but the entire package is good.

Now coming to my problem, i broke the lid and was able to fix it with super glue a few times, but its beyond repair now, so have no option but to use it without the lid.

Can now use the phone with the headphone, but since i dont have d speaker, cant use it in the regular way.

I do have the speaker in the broken lid. Now my question : is there some way i can fix the speaker (the treo speaker or some other one), without fixing the lid (which is broken beyond repair).

cheers

rajan
    rajankanwar,

Here are some more pics of lidless Treo's... (also, I have PM'd you).
    Attached Images Attached Images
    www.gsmworld.com
    Hi rajan,
    Welcome to TC! I just happened to return to this forum after 2 months and stumbled on this post. You can actually see my handiwork in my avataar to the left of this post. I actually introduced my modified Treo on the forums here as a Treo 610 :-) You can see the details in this post here http://discussion.treocentral.com/tc...ht=Treo_knight
    I hope the link gets posted correctly because I am browsing on my Treo right now and switching between web pages n doing a cut copy paste is not very easy.
    Ronbo2000 : Thanks for remembering me. Most of my posts seem to have disappeared with the crash :-(
    Nzmoko : Hi there! Have not heard from you for ages. Still doing the Treo mods? I did 3 units for friends but I've messed up the casing on a recent one. If u can PM me on where I can get some used or new 180/270 GSM casings I'd really appreciate it.