1.    #1  
    I used to get SMS text messages from emails sent to:
    PHONENUMBER@messaging.sprintpcs.com

Nothing has changed but I'm no longer getting them. Regular SMS works, my USERACCOUNT@sprintpcs.com email works and I get proper SMS messaging regarding that, but the quick SMS messages via email do not work.

I'm not getting bounces from sprint either, can anyone assist?
    Brian:

Just reconfirmed that this works on my end.. You had me scared, because I have my network monitoring tools setup to sms me as a second level notification. If you'd like email me your info and I'll try it from here to you, ruling out your email client configuration..

joe@j-espo.com
    Global Posts
    23 Global Posts
    I just tried and this is not working for me either
    It may be down or something in some areas?

It appears I am not receiving SMS notification for my new mail in Business Connection all of a sudden. It was working fine up until this morning.
  5.    #5  
    Ironically, I got all of my SMS test messages about 36 hours after I sent them, I guess Sprint was being slow or their server was down and my SMTP finally got it through.
    are you sending from a pc or your treo to yourself?
    I just checked this on my TMO account and they go to the MMS now when I do xxxxxxxxxx@tmomail.net.....

What gives? Why do they go to MMS?
    Something is going on--I am getting my mail alerts only sporadically.
    Are you using the OE sms app, or Treo6ooSMS by PDA apps?
    Mine seem to be working fine again. They started working again Thursday morning.
    does anyone notice more info, I no longer see from Unkown sender like I use to on certain SMS. I know see who it's from, perhaps an upgrade on Sprints part and this casue some lost SMS?
    Unreliable SMS on Sprint was the very reason why I had to buy a separate pager. My messages at times would come through after a 45 min delay. pity..!
    Hi Guys,

Anyone know if an email - sms addy, like the ones mentioned here, are available for Orange in the UK?

I did ask Orange themselves, but they werent much help...
    *******Treo 600 on GSM Orange UK*******
    Firmware: 03.04
    Software: Treo600-1.12/1030/03...
    Hardware: B
    yea their like yourname@orange.net you to can get sms when you get mail you can get it on your treo on the web or using outlook sign up at www.orange.net
    Nokia 3210 > Nokia 3310 >Palm Vx > Palm M105 >Treo 180g and Nokia 8850 > Treo 270 > Treo 600 > Sony TH55 > Tapwave Zodiac 2 > Treo 650 GSM > Imate KJam > Treo 750v

Formerly Known As PRANKSTAR
    Thanks for that Prankstar

You say "yourname@..." - is this a service I need to set up with Orange or something? What would I put instead of "yourname" ?
    cant really remember but i think you can use anything you want
    Nokia 3210 > Nokia 3310 >Palm Vx > Palm M105 >Treo 180g and Nokia 8850 > Treo 270 > Treo 600 > Sony TH55 > Tapwave Zodiac 2 > Treo 650 GSM > Imate KJam > Treo 750v

Mmm, not quite sure we're talking about the same thing here...

What im looking for is an email address, perhaps PHONENUMBER@orange.co.uk that would allow someone to send an email to it, and then it be sent via SMS to my phone... as opposed to getting email on my phone whcih I have under control

Would I have to prefix it with the national code etc etc?
    with yourname@orange.net you can get the mail on your treo (you dont have to) and you can set up so if you get an email you get an sms but this only tells you who it is from the subject and the first couple of words so this just tells you when to download your mail