Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I've had my treo600 CDMA for a couple of months now. About a month ago I started feeling a vibrating sensation in my leg. Today it was really bad, like every minute or so i'd feel it. Is this because of the radiation of the phone? Is anyone else having the same feeling?

Psytek
    That could be your phone ringing via the vibrate option? Treo does have radiation as any other radio devices. Suggest that you use a belt clip on type to carry phone.
    Soon after I got my first Startac, years ago, I started to 'feel' my the phone vibrating, even when my phone in the cradle in another room. I don't know if this is what you are feeling, but I liken these phantom vibrations to the same phenomenon that causes amputees to feel phantom limbs.
    before i got my treo i had a color sidekick. i use to hear it ring and vibrate on my leg ALL the time. EVEN after i lost my sidekick, i would feel it in my leg and hear it ring. it was really bad for a wile... all in my head.
    HOLY CRAP!!

I had the same epiphony! I was afraid I was going nuts or something!! That is truly amazing because I had the exact same sensation and I kept reaching for my phone in my pocket when it wasn't in my pocket! Spooky!!

Quote Originally Posted by daledribble
    Soon after I got my first Startac, years ago, I started to 'feel' my the phone vibrating, even when my phone in the cradle in another room. I don't know if this is what you are feeling, but I liken these phantom vibrations to the same phenomenon that causes amputees to feel phantom limbs.
    "I refuse to answer that question on the grounds that I don't know the answer."
    Same here! Started 5 years ago with my first wireless device, a Motorola alphanumeric pager. *sigh* The good old days.

Any psychologists care to explain?
    I've decided to start swapping pockets for this very reason (and also possible health risks ... probably not real risks, but better safe than sorry).

Thanks,
    Peter
    ROFL! Me too- just started a few weeks ago.
    It used to happen to me too, before I stopped using my Treo. However, it would always happen on the leg where I would never carry my Treo. Very odd indeed. I thought I was the only one, until a friend that bought a Treo asked me that very question. We high fived (Well, we actually didn't).

TheHandlessKing
    Have you been carrying the Treo in your front pants pocket? After continuous irritation of the skin the lateral femoral cutaneous nerve can become affected and give you a numb sensation at the anterolateral aspect of the thigh (front/side). Could this be the case with you?
    http://www.doctordalai.com
    Global Posts
    48 Global Posts
    it's the dog.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dalai Lama
    Have you been carrying the Treo in your front pants pocket? After continuous irritation of the skin the lateral femoral cutaneous nerve can become affected and give you a numb sensation at the anterolateral aspect of the thigh (front/side). Could this be the case with you?

Charles

Kyocera 6035-->Samsung I-300-->Samsung I-330-->Treo 600-->Sprint Treo 650-->Cingular Treo 650-->AT&T Treo 680-->AT&T Crimson Treo 680-->AT&T Black Centro-->AT&T Copper Treo 680-->iPhone 3G 8GB-->iPhone 3GS 16GB-->HTC EVO 4G
    Global Posts
    821 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by psytek
    ...I started feeling a vibrating sensation in my leg. Today it was really bad, like every minute or so i'd feel it.
    I hate to admit this, but I thought I was losing my marbles. The vibration is very close to the point where the treo would sit when in my pocket. It started as an intermittent issue, and within a few days became frequent - not continuous, just every 15 seconds or so.

It has actually stopped right now, but it was so noticeable, I was considering seeing a doctor, because I originaly thought it was circulatory related (I had a heart rhythm problem in the past).

When I carried the Treo in my shirt pocket a lot, I felt a similar sensation, but it seemed as if it were coming from the Treo, and never occurred when the Treo was not in my pocket. It was as if the Treo were vibrating softly. I also recall this occurring with the 270.

This is a little too weird to be coincidental .......
    For me, it just as often occurs in the opposite leg. I think it's psychosematic- we're probably just feeling our legs and pants shift a little with each heart beat, and it randomly triggers a false "YOUR PHONE IS RINGING!" sensation in our brains.

For me, it doesn't help that my building was built in 1865 and the floor vibrates terribly whenever anyone walks by (wooden beams aren't as stiff as steel).
    Hey Dalai: Looks like a great Letter to the Editor or brief experience case report for a journal....
    I get this too - but not quite in the same place as everyone else. I get it in the place I used to carry a phone on my belt.

On a related side note, I know of a case where someone who sustained head injuries in a car accident can't use a mobile phone because it gives him migraines. Makes you wonder...
    Animo et Fide
    My hand feels cold all the time ... same area where I held a beer mug all the time in college. Is that the same thing?
    When I'm near radars or satcom dishes that are radiating, it gives me a headache very quickly... Never had the problem from a cell phone, but it might just be an issue of sensitivity (a few kilowatts = bad, a few milliwatts = unnoticible)

These microwaves are passing through us every second of every day; if there's danger, it's completely pointless to worry about it now!
    Global Posts
    939 Global Posts
    ive began noticing a sensation around the pocket area too. ive stopped carrying the treo in my pocket since.
    dont know if its just the leg in contact with the phone repetitively during the day thats started this or radiation, but not taking the chance. i either just hold it in hand or place it on the car seat. its strange, indeed!
    interesting to see that this as adeveloping situation with treo owners after use over a few months to a year.
    makes ya kinda wonder!
    I gotta have more cowbell
    Global Posts
    438 Global Posts
    Hey, we must come up with a NAME for this! We could get a new word in the dictionary...

How about "Pseudotelerythmia"?

And yes, I have experienced this too!
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast