Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    There's a website dedicated to relieving such symptoms:

-- http://zapatopi.net/afdb.html

I believe they have a full-body model as well.
    [QUOTE=ProDucer]I didn't think I was crazy, just conditioned. I always feel a vibration in my leg right were I keep my treo in my pocket....even when I'm not wearing pants. And sometimes I here the burrr, bur, burrr of my treo even when its in the other room only to run and find that its nothing but my conditioning.QUOTE]

I got a real weird feeling when I first read this thread. Feeling of "holy crap, it's not just me!" I too have been having the vibrating feeling in my left leg (right next to where I normally keep my Treo) but it never happens if the phone can't be in my pocket, for example, when I'm in bed. But it's eerie as I also hear that burr, burr sound too - even if the phone is not vibrating - but never in unison. I'll either here the burr, burr sound, or feel the vibrating in my leg but never both at the same time. I think it is psychological but for those keeping track - I have owned 8 different cell phone models over the last 12 years and I have NEVER EVER, experienced anything like this. The closest weird thing that may have happened with my previously owned phones is that I may have thought I heard the phone ring, but it didn't. But even this happens to everyone I assume. I seem to "think" my Treo is vibrating at least two or three times a week when it's not, vs. my thinking my other phones are ringing maybe once a month max. I seriously believe it may have something to do with the Treo, not exclusive from other cell phones, but definitely contributing more to this phantom vibrate phenomena than other phones. Did that make sense? It must have because I can safely say that I am not losing my mind. Thanks fellow Treo owners.
    I think it's because the Treo vibrations are so slight, that we're conditioned to suspect any vibration or sensation might be the weak Treo vibration. So the mind is constantly polling for "is it ringing? is it ringing?"

IMO, a stronger vibrate would resolve it.
    It beeps, it rings, it vibrates... must be my Treo ;-)

It can damage my brain, uses up a lot of my time, follows me wherever I go... that's my girlfriend FYI!

Cheers, W.
    Quote Originally Posted by wanderman
    It beeps, it rings, it vibrates... must be my Treo ;-)

It can damage my brain, uses up a lot of my time, follows me wherever I go... that's my girlfriend FYI!
    Hahahahahahaha

Quote Originally Posted by SeldomVisitor
    There's a website dedicated to relieving such symptoms:

-- http://zapatopi.net/afdb.html

I believe they have a full-body model as well.
    Hey wasn't that contraption in the movie the Sign with Mel Gibson?
    I didn't think it actually existed...ROTFLMAO...I'm sorry guys, I know that it's not a laughing matter but I just can't help it
    Check out the dog! Oh my goodness..hahahahaha!
    Last edited by JoJo_78; 08/15/2004 at 07:40 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by psytek
    I was reading something similar to http://www.fda.gov/cellphones/qa.html

I would like to know the SAR level for the Treo. Anyone have the FCCID handy?

I don't have the ID anymore, but I did keep the data below from when I was considering upgrading from my 270. Formatting may not show well here.

BTW, it is fairly easy to get SAR data for other manufacturers' phones through their websites and/or manuals. For Handspring/Palm, some serious data mining is necessary. Why?

------------------------
    From FCC Site:

CDMA
    PCS: 1.53 (head) 0.861 (body)
    Cellular Band: 1.53 (head) 0.861 (body)

GSM:
    PCS : 1.05 (head) 0.336 (body)
    Cellular: 1.49 (head) 0.646 (body)

------------
    Not sure of the source for the following, but it may be from a 600 package insert:

Declaration of Conformity

Treo Model 600

Handspring declares that the above models of Treo communicators are compliant with the regulations below. The declaration applies to the communicators and their associated accessories (power supply, headset, USB and serial cable) where applicable.

Maximum Measured SAR Values (W/kg)

Band: 850 MHz 900 MHz 1800 MHz 1900 MHz

Head SAR: 1.49 1.07 1.53 1.05
    Body SAR: .646 .703 .402 .336
    You may be right; I may be crazy. But, the Treo may be just the device I've been looking for.
    Global Posts
    58 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by skidoo
    Muscle memory. Have you ever spent all day (or longer) on a boat? Same thing. Have a cold one and chill out. And tell people to stop calling you so much! :-)
    Add my name to the "believers" list.

As far as muscle memory - I'm not saying that's not it, but...

I've been carrying vibrating cell phones in my pockets for the past 5 years and the last 6 months with the Treo is the first time I've had this sensation.

On more than one occasion I've even pulled it out of my pocket and activated the screen (thinking "there must be a caller or message.")

Go figure.
    Quote Originally Posted by PeterGibbons
    I just call it a Phantom Vibrate. Its been there since I started carrying a vibrating cell phone.
    My buddies and I recognized this phenomenon 3 or 4 years ago...didn't matter what brand of phone we were/are using at the time. We started calling it "Phantom Buzz" since the first conversation about it.
    Can't tell you the number of times I feel a phantom "ringing" (i.e. vibrating) on my hip where I wear my phone. I too agree that we are so conditioned to respond to that stimulus that any sensation triggers that same reaction (and simulates the phantom ring).

Too weird.
    Add me to the list. This is the first phone that ever caused this problem for me, and I have worn all my phones in the exact same spot. Only difference - I get this even if the phone is in the belt clip holder. I literally have to touch the phone to see if it is the Treo or "just me again". I am seriously thinking abL
    Highly Mobile iPhone User

Palm Pilot -> Palm Pilot Pro -> HP 620LX -> Palm VII -> Palm VIIx -> Ipaq 3270 -> Treo 300 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> Treo 700p - iPhone - iPhone 3G
    I have had this vibration lately as well! Thought I was crazy.
    WOW!!!
    I'm moving my TREO over to my middle leg area!!!

Seriously though this could be a serious problem.

Make a hat out of tin foil and wear it when you go to bed at night!
    He who dies with the most toys wins.
    I've thought I've felt my Treo vibrate on a number of occasions too, and I get it out and look at the screen but there are no messages/calls. I was starting to wonder whether it was just my belt or my jeans or something. I never noticed it with previous phones.

I don't think I've ever noticed it when I haven't had my Treo in my pocket.
    Get a life and lay off the coffee people! This is the sort of thing that will get you very concerned looks from your doctor, a "let me know if it doesn't get better", and then great laughs at your expense in the lunch room. When your cell phone induced premature Alzheimer's sets in, the obsessive/compulsive behavior you're exhibiting should wane.
    Quote Originally Posted by bilbo__baggins
    I've thought I've felt my Treo vibrate on a number of occasions too, and I get it out and look at the screen but there are no messages/calls. I was starting to wonder whether it was just my belt or my jeans or something. I never noticed it with previous phones.

I don't think I've ever noticed it when I haven't had my Treo in my pocket.
    Same here and like most of the people posting, I thought I was imagining it as well, maybe it's to do with the new 850Mhz GSM frequency, who knows
    Global Posts
    821 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cheers
    This is the sort of thing that will get you very concerned looks from your doctor, ...
    ... and you'll sail off the edge of the planet - everyone knows the world is flat...

I am an engineer by training. I never ceases to amaze me that ANYONE can believe holding a tranmitter on or near the same spot of the human body repeatedly over long periods of times will have NO effect. I just makes no sense. Just because we cannot prove the impact does not prove its absence.

Ask the folks who carry their Treo in the shirt pocket or Sport Jacket inside pocket if this happens. I've thought the phone was ringing (vibrating) numberous times - more so with the 270. Anyone experience this ??

... doesn't mean I'll stop using it...
    Quote Originally Posted by Treo Dude
    Add my name to the "believers" list.

As far as muscle memory - I'm not saying that's not it, but...

I've been carrying vibrating cell phones in my pockets for the past 5 years and the last 6 months with the Treo is the first time I've had this sensation.

On more than one occasion I've even pulled it out of my pocket and activated the screen (thinking "there must be a caller or message.")

Go figure.
    I check to see if I just missed a call at least once a day too! It freaks me out a little because I NEVER experience this sensation when I'm not carrying my Treo. Like others have stated throughout this topic, I'm so glad to learn that it's not just me experiencing this phenomenon!!

It's gotta have something to do w/ conditioning or else we're all going a little crazy. I always knew I was crazy about my Treo... but this is ridiculous! (Ba-dump Ting! Thank you very much, be sure to try the veal & don't forget to tip your waitstaff! Goodnight!.....)

Yeah, I know, very lame joke. I'm such a cheese ball
    I'm hearing voices in my head but only when the Treo is near my ear.

But seriously, I also get the feelin' and at least once a day have to check my phone and e|
    Banoo... what's that smell?
    I hate posting from my Treo!!

I'm hearing voices in my head but only when the Treo is near my ear.

But seriously, I also get the feelin' and at least once a day have to check my phone and even check to see if I missed a call.

Stranger still, lately while holding the Treo I swear I can feel a slight continous vibration. I dropped it on concrete a while back and figured I screwed up its central nervous system... or mine.
    Banoo... what's that smell?
    parestetica maralgia
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast