1.    #1  
    I've been looking at upgrading my headphones for MP3 play and use with my retractable Seidio 2-1 set I plug it into. I was going to get the Koss PortaPro but then just looked online at the Sony wireless headphones and thought - wouldn't that be great? Just plug it into my Seidio and cut the extra wires down. Well the picture doesn't show what the receiver looks like -or how big it is. I was also wondering about the sound quality. Everything I read said the Koss PP can't be beat for the price. Anyway, I figure someone else must have had this idea before so I figured I'd ask if anyone has tried the wireless Sony headphones with the Treo and what their impressions were.

Thanks,

Bob
    ROOTING for WebOS makes me more sympathetic to Cubs fans.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob-C
    I've been looking at upgrading my headphones for MP3 play and use with my retractable Seidio 2-1 set I plug it into. I was going to get the Koss PortaPro but then just looked online at the Sony wireless headphones and thought - wouldn't that be great? Just plug it into my Seidio and cut the extra wires down. Well the picture doesn't show what the receiver looks like -or how big it is. I was also wondering about the sound quality. Everything I read said the Koss PP can't be beat for the price. Anyway, I figure someone else must have had this idea before so I figured I'd ask if anyone has tried the wireless Sony headphones with the Treo and what their impressions were.

Thanks,

Bob
    Bob

Sorry I can't give you any info on the sony wireless phones, and I'm curious about them myself. I can tell you, however, that the PortaPros do sound terrific with the Treo. Nothing I've tried beats them.

I can also recommend the Sony MDR-EX51LP Fontopia Headphones, as a very nice, minuscule pair of ear plugs. I always carry them in my pocket. They take up zero space, and also sound great on the Treo. The Sure ear plugs that I tried BTW, sounded tinny on the treo, in comparison.

Pete
  3.    #3  
    Thanks Pete. The Koss PP, Sony Fontopia's and Sures all seem to be common themes on the TC threads. Hopefully someone will have tried the Sony wireless.

I tried a some HIFI headphones at Tweeter and GOD - they sounded like my Boston Acoustic surround sound system subwoofer and all in headphones! I didn't even look at the brand when I saw they were $150 and quickly took them off before I got too attached to them. Too steep for me. That's why I'm leaning a little towards the Koss PP. I saw the Sony wireless for $60 and got to think you're paying for the wireless more than the sound quality whereas with the PP it's all sound quality you're paying for.
  4.    #4  
    Saw the Sony Wireless headphones in person and guess what? There is a big hunkering base that could never fit in ANYONE's pocket. It's a home hi-fi set only. So I ordered the Koss PP. Hopefully I'll be rocking soon.
    Last edited by Bob-C; 08/13/2004 at 03:51 PM.